Login

russian armor

GCS2 Predictions Poll

Who do you THINK is most likely to win GCS2? (vote with your brain)
Option Distribution Votes
42%
30%
19%
4%
0%
3%
0%
3%
Who do you WANT to win GCS2? (vote with your heart)
7%
9%
50%
12%
7%
8%
3%
4%
Who is seeded too high/ is overrated?
13%
10%
15%
10%
1%
34%
9%
6%
Who is seeded too low/ is underrated?
3%
4%
9%
10%
24%
21%
15%
13%
Total votes: 282
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
A_E
7 Sep 2018, 18:44 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

vote now! (obligatory text to enable poll to post)
7 Sep 2018, 19:19 PM

I think Luvnest will win, but would like Refero to surprise us.
7 Sep 2018, 19:39 PM

I hope Vonivan wins it but I see Luvnest (the German machine) winning it.
And I will say this (probably gonna get some hate for this but I don't care),
I don't want to see Devm win this. I have my reasons but I won't go into detail.
The sure thing is that the Finals are gonna be great.
Congratulations to all the organizers and the community for this tourney!!!
7 Sep 2018, 19:46 PM
Patrion 26

If Luvnest has enough carrots I think he will win.
7 Sep 2018, 19:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If DevM plays like he did in the first quali I'd say he has the best chance here. Although I'd love to see the NA dream for VonIvan or HelpingHans to prove all the "overrated seed" people wrong.

It was almost offensive to ask who was an overrated seed here. Every player on that list deserves to be there as they are among the best and nothing less than legends of this great game. I only wish Noggano could have joined us this year.
A_E
7 Sep 2018, 21:15 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

If DevM plays like he did in the first quali I'd say he has the best chance here. Although I'd love to see the NA dream for VonIvan or HelpingHans to prove all the "overrated seed" people wrong.

It was almost offensive to ask who was an overrated seed here. Every player on that list deserves to be there as they are among the best and nothing less than legends of this great game. I only wish Noggano could have joined us this year.

Almost offensive my ass. It's a comment on imaginary numbers relative to the eight GCS2 contenders only, they are all amongst the best players to ever play the game.
7 Sep 2018, 23:44 PM

I agree, if DevM plays the way he did in the 1st qualifier, he has the highest chance to win IMO cuz he seemed literally unbeatable back then. I am just a bit "worried" that coh2 practice came too short recently and that rust kicks in. Cuz unlike now, DevM was extremely active in automatch in the weeks before the 1st qualifier, no top 1v1 streamer was save from the snipes (and the snipers!) :D

However, you never know how much secret (custom match or smurf) practice is going on ;)

If I had to vote with my heart I'd choose VonIvan this time <444>3 Tho there isn't any competitor who doesn't deserve the win IMO
8 Sep 2018, 04:06 AM

HANDICAPPERS REPORT FROM A 1v1 NOOB:

DevM looked very good early on and the other top players seemed a touch rusty. But DevM missed out on a lot of top play/practice by making the cut so soon.

VonAsten looked good also and coming off the 2v2 tourney he has momentum and confidence.

The math says those two will be in the finals. But you have to focus on the X-Factor.

However, Luvnest has this ability to dominate under supreme pressure. And he could easily steal the whole thing. Which makes me happy because seeing the same guy win twice would make the universe seem right. However Luvnest losing would be better for GCS3: THE COMEBACK!

VonIvan is always the crowd favorite! So much skill and charisma! He has the heart of the community. His crazy all-ins are always a high point in every tournament! Stay focused and no crazy shit this year!

Helping Hans takes a lot of shit from the community so it would be great for him to win as well. Because in the COH2 community being the 4th or 5th best in the world = Noob status :loco:
But the rust may get him. Hopefully he is practicing.

I am also fan of the dark horses so Talisman, Refero, or Jesulin winning would be an awesome cinderella story! I can already hear AE screaming in the final match. All three of these guys are really cool people. And seeing good stuff happen to good people is pretty cool.

Vegas odds would have it coming in DevM, Luvnest, VonIvan, VonAsten. Due to the top three having been in the live spotlight before. If VonAsten embraces the event and makes it fun, things will get very interesting.

8 Sep 2018, 06:50 AM

HANDICAPPERS REPORT FROM A 1v1 NOOB:

DevM looked very good early on and the other top players seemed a touch rusty. But DevM missed out on a lot of top play/practice by making the cut so soon.

VonAsten looked good also and coming off the 2v2 tourney he has momentum and confidence.

The math says those two will be in the finals. But you have to focus on the X-Factor.

However, Luvnest has this ability to dominate under supreme pressure. And he could easily steal the whole thing. Which makes me happy because seeing the same guy win twice would make the universe seem right. However Luvnest losing would be better for GCS3: THE COMEBACK!

VonIvan is always the crowd favorite! So much skill and charisma! He has the heart of the community. His crazy all-ins are always a high point in every tournament! Stay focused and no crazy shit this year!

Helping Hans takes a lot of shit from the community so it would be great for him to win as well. Because in the COH2 community being the 4th or 5th best in the world = Noob status :loco:
But the rust may get him. Hopefully he is practicing.

I am also fan of the dark horses so Talisman, Refero, or Jesulin winning would be an awesome cinderella story! I can already hear AE screaming in the final match. All three of these guys are really cool people. And seeing good stuff happen to good people is pretty cool.

Vegas odds would have it coming in DevM, Luvnest, VonIvan, VonAsten. Due to the top three having been in the live spotlight before. If VonAsten embraces the event and makes it fun, things will get very interesting.

Am the one who gonna win GCS 3 :p
A_E
8 Sep 2018, 16:28 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

I like the idea of underdog story the most!
A_E
8 Sep 2018, 16:29 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

So no one thinks Talisman will win but everyone thinks he's too low on the seeding.

Does that mean the hivemind thinks he'll do really well but only ever achieve second place?!?! ouch!
8 Sep 2018, 20:05 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

17 Sep 2018, 00:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2018, 16:29 PMA_E
So no one thinks Talisman will win but everyone thinks he's too low on the seeding.

Does that mean the hivemind thinks he'll do really well but only ever achieve second place?!?! ouch!

I guess no one was expecting that :banana: Gratz Tali
17 Sep 2018, 01:23 AM

It was almost offensive to ask who was an overrated seed here. Every player on that list deserves to be there

A) I think it meant overrated with respect to the 8 that made it, not who doesn't deserve to be there
B) A_E can ask whatever the eff he wants to about this tourney as far as I'm concerned
17 Sep 2018, 01:39 AM

I expected Talisman to be super strong in the 1st qualifier. Coming off the SMC games I expected him to be more tuned up than the competition.

But he brought it hard when it counted!

Congratz!
17 Sep 2018, 01:56 AM

A) I think it meant overrated with respect to the 8 that made it, not who doesn't deserve to be there
B) A_E can ask whatever the eff he wants to about this tourney as far as I'm concerned

Thank you for responding to something that has absolutely no value now, and you seemed to have missed the point of the post entirely.
17 Sep 2018, 02:57 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Amazing two days, everyone. Amazing how the winner, Talisman, got no votes in the first question.

Everyone played extremely well; that first match of DevM vs Jesulin really set the tone for the whole weekend.
17 Sep 2018, 22:48 PM

Thank you for responding to something that has absolutely no value now

"Now" lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment