Login

russian armor

Ambulance lockdown ability?

5 Sep 2018, 16:37 PM

Does that mean against a low-size vehicles/target, you're better attacking the ground than attacking the unit?
5 Sep 2018, 16:40 PM

Does that mean against a low-size vehicles/target, you're better attacking the ground than attacking the unit?

Depends on the actual size of the hitbox, keep in mind that a a "ballistic shot" that "missed" the accuracy check can still hit via collision.

You can find some info here (that I hope they are correct):

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/231279/a-guide-to-d-p-s-basics#latest
5 Sep 2018, 16:44 PM

That was rather interesting, thank you for that!
6 Sep 2018, 04:27 AM

i mean the one that applied on trench. it's would be good to have some change against vehicle rushing into base tho. more time they take to kill ambulance the more they risk getting snare
6 Sep 2018, 13:13 PM

If it only comes down to the problem of base healing in the base I think a much simpler solution to the problem would be a medic upgrade for the HQ at 250 manpower, same as the Soviets, just with a bigger range as to cover the huge ass circle of sandbags.

+1

Sometimes you simply don't need an ambulance. A medic upgrade would be a welcome addition and save a bit of pop too.
6 Sep 2018, 23:32 PM

You guys are making me miss the good old Triage Center.
7 Sep 2018, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2018, 16:36 PMVipper
As far as I know.

Target size is only used for accuracy checks that involves small arm fire and ballistic weapon.

Attack ground probably does not use accuracy checks at all since it the target is the ground.

The scatter modifier seem be lower but my vary from weapon to weapon.

Thanks for the info!
7 Sep 2018, 19:05 PM

If it only comes down to the problem of base healing in the base I think a much simpler solution to the problem would be a medic upgrade for the HQ at 250 manpower, same as the Soviets, just with a bigger range as to cover the huge ass circle of sandbags.

This just would be too unbalanced since USF then would have an undestroyable healing station while OKW has to backtech for it (since going Luchs is now the new OKW meta) but still having a destroyable one and OST also would have a destroyable one which is pretty fragile but not mobile.
7 Sep 2018, 19:13 PM

This just would be too unbalanced since USF then would have an undestroyable healing station while OKW has to backtech for it (since going Luchs is now the new OKW meta) but still having a destroyable one and OST also would have a destroyable one which is pretty fragile but not mobile.

I really don't see the problem of adding medical upgrades for HQs, hell I'm even one of the people that suggested it both for the OKW and Ost.

Then again, the USF and Soviets are the only 2 Armies without any other means of healing.

The UKF have their IS Medic Sections, medic upgrade for the FA and medic squad from Vanguard's HQ Glider.

OKW have their Med HQ and Sturmpioneer medical bags.

And finally the Ost have their medical bunkers and Infantry med packs.

I mean sure, the USF also have their medic squads, but then again I had a headache trying to heal with them and they're still very fragile.
7 Sep 2018, 19:48 PM

Ost have Infantry med packs..

Nice meme
7 Sep 2018, 23:25 PM

I really don't see the problem of adding medical upgrades for HQs, hell I'm even one of the people that suggested it both for the OKW and Ost.

If it gets done for every fraction then I would see no problem(execpt less diffrences between the fractions)
8 Sep 2018, 07:48 AM

If it gets done for every fraction then I would see no problem(execpt less diffrences between the fractions)

It's my own personal opinion that all Armies should have the basic tools, like Mainline Infantry, Engineer units, support weapons, medium tanks and tank destroyers, light vehicles and so forth, basically at the core, everybody would be similar to each other, like it really was during the war, besides that is where the Armies really were and should be different.

For instance -

Germany used a 10 men squad, each having an LMG with them, the rest were armed with Rifles (K98k-s) and the SL was armed with either a G41/G43 or an MP40. The basic idea was that the LMG section of the squa (2 or 3 people) would provide cover for the rest of the rifle armed squad while they moved in or were on the flanks of the MG when defending.

In the US Army the squad was 12 men, pretty much all of them armed with the M1 Garand semi-automatic rifle so they already had a lot of firepower on their own, but they also had an Automatic Rifleman armed with B.A.R. and was along with 2 other riflemen in their own small LMG section similar to the Germans. Of course since they were differently arranged and differently armed their tactics also differed from the Germans.

But do you see the connection here? Both Armies had at least one automatic weapon capable of firing rifle caliber rounds but they were used in a different manner, plus the US squad had their combat power spread out amongst the squad while the Germans had their concentrated in their MG.

Another example is each Army's tank doctrine, the Germans had developed theirs as arguably the best, they had Light, Medium and Heavy tanks, a plethora of fixed gun Tank Destroyers, the StuG III which was the most successful was also the cheapest to produce and again, arguably most successful, assault guns, Self-propelled guns and so forth, they also made a large use of captured enemy equipment.

The US Army thought of their Light and Medium tanks as Infantry support such so we had no means or intentions to combat other enemy vehicles, and logistical problems prevented us from developing and sending more Heavy tanks like the Pershing over to Europe, hell I don't even think if you can really consider the Pershing as a heavy.

The AT role was left to AT gun detachments and Tank Destroyers, which were not heavily armored but were heavily armed and fast, and were turreted compared to the German ones and were designed to be used at the enemy's rear or flanks, not front, again, like the German ones.

Then we come to the British, who only had Infantry and Cruiser tanks. Infantry tanks were slow, heavily armored but not particularly well armed designed to solely support infantry, while the Cruiser tanks were designed to be fast, lightly armored and again, not well armed, made to exploit breakthroughs in enemy lines and so on. They didn't even have any good tank guns until like 1943/1944 with the mounting of the 17 pounder on American tanks, like the Sherman, to create the Firefly, and M10 to create the Achilles.

So again, they all have the basic tools and weapons, but they still had differences between them, in their uses, tactics, amounts and so on, so you couldn't really compare them to each other because while at their core they were similar, they were not 1:1 the same.

So that's the reason for my belief that each Army can have the basic tools while still being unique.
8 Sep 2018, 08:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Attack Ground uses the default weapon that is also used for Auto-Attack. As a general rule of thumb, abilities mostly use different weapons with their own stats.

Target Size (also known as Received Accuracy) only affects weapons with accuracy checks - mostly those using direct fire. If this check fails, scatter kicks in, and that has nothing to do with target size.
8 Sep 2018, 08:39 AM

Attack Ground uses the default weapon that is also used for Auto-Attack. As a general rule of thumb, abilities mostly use different weapons with their own stats.

I stand corrected, but it does seems sometime that certain weapons scatter less when they attack ground.
8 Sep 2018, 11:10 AM

It's my own personal opinion that all Armies should have the basic tools, like Mainline Infantry, Engineer units, support weapons, medium tanks and tank destroyers, light vehicles and so forth, basically at the core, everybody would be similar to each other,

But every fraction does already have a Option for healing so why even change it at all?

For instance -

[...]

So again, they all have the basic tools and weapons, but they still had differences between them, in their uses, tactics, amounts and so on, so you couldn't really compare them to each other because while at their core they were similar, they were not 1:1 the same.

So that's the reason for my belief that each Army can have the basic tools while still being unique.

So why don't we just do the following:
Every fraction gets the same Tech system as OST.
At T0 they can get MG + Pios, at T1 Mortar, Grens and Sniper, at T2 LVs and AT guns and so on.
According to your logic the fractions would still stay unique since there still would be a difference in amount, use and tactics (f.e Maxim vs MG 42)
And how exactly do you want to represent squad tactics in this game?
8 Sep 2018, 11:35 AM

But every fraction does already have a Option for healing so why even change it at all?

So why don't we just do the following:
Every fraction gets the same Tech system as OST.
At T0 they can get MG + Pios, at T1 Mortar, Grens and Sniper, at T2 LVs and AT guns and so on.
According to your logic the fractions would still stay unique since there still would be a difference in amount, use and tactics (f.e Maxim vs MG 42)
And how exactly do you want to represent squad tactics in this game?

Yes every Army does have access to healing and repairs, however the amount of options you have non-doctrinally and doctrinally vary between them.

I already mentioned the healing options of each Armies and who is lacking.

Now for repairs, looking at it from the side the Soviets have the most amount of repair options (doctrinally).

They have their engineers, repair stations, Conscript repair packages and Vehicle crew repairs, the latter 2 of which are in a hefty amount of commanders.

The only 2 Armies that come close are the OKW and UKF.

The USF doesn't really need more than their vehicle crews even tho their REs and AEs can also repair, and the Ost is left with just their Pioneers, nothing else.

And nobody said anything about tech, keep it unique, it's fine by me.

But before, a long time ago, the only 2 Armies that had the basic tools were the Eastern Front Ones, Ost and Sov, the USF didn't have a mortar and the OKW were lacking a reliable suppression platform that didn't have paper for armor (and thus, didn't really scale well in the later game) and a medium tank by default.

Not to mention that the OKW were lacking a good AT gun and still are, while the UKF don't have mobile indirect fire non-doctrinally, and why is that exactly?

The WFA just have to be less gimmicky, not in their tech-ing, but their access to the basic tools, that's all in my opinion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★