Login

russian armor

Stormtrooper changes

PAGES (7)down
24 Sep 2018, 19:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Post #80 invised. The exchange of arguments must take place without the usage of insults.
24 Sep 2018, 22:38 PM

I’m astounded this thread hasn’t been locked yet.

That aside, it seems to point to a legitimate issue in general availability of information. A lot of people seem to have a lot of misconceptions that are in part their own fault but in part because actual numbers are not present in a lot of places where one would hope they would be, at the very least in the patch notes. I hope I’m not coming across as attacking the balance team, because I love and appreciate what you guys are doing, but I’m just trying to point out something that would help a lot of players here and avoid entire threads like this.

Stormtroopers are my second favorite unit now lol.
24 Sep 2018, 22:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Stormtroopers are my second favorite unit now lol.

If they're given beanies, can they compete for #1?

(note: not a serious suggestion; the technology just isn't there yet)
24 Sep 2018, 23:06 PM

If they're given beanies, can they compete for #1?

(note: not a serious suggestion; the technology just isn't there yet)

Well looks like they’ll just have to settle for second. Beanies or berets are apparently a must have for smg wielding camouflaged badasses.
25 Sep 2018, 06:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2018, 17:44 PMruzara
it was fine with MP40
but can we please add
passive sprint at vet 3 just like lieutenant or actived sprint ability for vet 1 or 2
that will do.. to balance this remove smoke grenade (because it no longer neccesary or if it become passive still can work)

Passive sprint should be removed from all units. It is a very powerful ability and it should be timed

Completely missed Miragefla post

https://www.coh2.org/topic/82365/small-arm-changes-in-autumn-patch
25 Sep 2018, 11:52 AM

So 2 STG 44's is 60 munitions for volks, but the vote so far is to pay 80 for 4 STG 44's on Stormtroopers? this is kind of crazy if you ask me. 100 is already a discount from what should cost 120. STG44's also don't require you to run back to base to refit and the already come with a great profile and MP40's ( I played balance patch, they shred things! ).

25 Sep 2018, 12:54 PM

^
They got new MP40 right of the bat not STG44 LUL.

Even the new MP40 is so OP in close range, the Stromtroopers is still have squishy 4-men commandos-like squad that require a lot of micro to make them worth.
25 Sep 2018, 13:35 PM

^
They got new MP40 right of the bat not STG44 LUL.

Even the new MP40 is so OP in close range, the Stromtroopers is still have squishy 4-men commandos-like squad that require a lot of micro to make them worth.

Getting instant super mp40's for free is arguably more powerful than kar98's with a 100 munition upgrade to stg's. Don't forget you can call them in from an empty garrison, have active cloak and have lower received accuracy than grenadiers. Survivability is not as big a problem as it seems.

To me it still seems too strong to have a close range terminator squad in your flank / on your retreat path if you so happen to have a garrison there. I hope someone can prove me wrong.
25 Sep 2018, 13:48 PM

There is a new replay from HelpingHans of the new Storms.
What people seem to forget is that you can pop them out, wipe some highly vetted squad and even if you lose them 10seconds later deep in hostile territory, the trade was still absolutely worth it.
To wipe vetted units in late game where infantry is important for staying power and capping, it can tilt the game in your favor.
Also often in lategame you float quite abit of manpower whereas munis are hard to come by while spamming skillplanes etc.
So throwing away couple hundred overflowing manpower to wipe 80munis + vet3 is totally worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqm64oyy6QQ
25 Sep 2018, 13:50 PM

With all the new changes, it would make sense to have them spawn in garrisons with only 3 men (or 2 even depending on their comparable per-man DPS). All other high DPS infiltration squads received this treatment for exactly this problem.
25 Sep 2018, 14:20 PM

It was brought up several times by different people, no idea why four man stormtrooper spawn issue is being ignored, they also spawn with their nades off cooldown unlike all other squads.
25 Sep 2018, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:20 PMKirrik
It was brought up several times by different people, no idea why four man stormtrooper spawn issue is being ignored, they also spawn with their nades off cooldown unlike all other squads.

Their grenades are damage over time not explosives mini nukes there is no reason to be in cool down.

Actually all infiltration infantry (and camo units) should not have access to mini nukes.
25 Sep 2018, 14:30 PM

It does not matter what kind of nades they have, every infiltration squad spawns with nades on cool down, and flame nade can be as deadly as bundle to an MG squad in building nearby. The whole point of cooldown was to remove cheese and now its being brought back
25 Sep 2018, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:30 PMKirrik
It does not matter what kind of nades they have, every infiltration squad spawns with nades on cool down, and flame nade can be as deadly as bundle to an MG squad in building nearby. The whole point of cooldown was to remove cheese and now its being brought back

The whole point was to remove cheesy quad wipes from the mini nukes grenades. DOT grenades allow reaction time.

In addition the particular grenades are designed to allow the squad to destroy cashes so that the unit is useful for the encirclement commander.

You are simply comparing different things.
25 Sep 2018, 14:36 PM

Flame nade does not give any reaction time, your MG either burns or gets taken out by Stormtroopers in a second once they exit the building. It's exactly the same thing.
Instant grenading caches is also cheese that doesnt allow any counterplay.
25 Sep 2018, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:36 PMKirrik
Flame nade does not give any reaction time, your MG either burns or gets taken out by Stormtroopers in a second once they exit the building. It's exactly the same thing.
Instant grenading caches is also cheese that doesnt allow any counterplay.

I guess you are entitled to you opinion of thinking that the sort fuse mini nuke grenade from infiltration commandos is exactly the same thing with a DOT grenade.
25 Sep 2018, 14:41 PM

Commandos spawn with their nade on cooldown, Stormtroopers do not.
Thats kinda the whole point, in case you missed it
That and the fact that inf commando squad DPS on spawn is almost half of current stormtrooper squad
25 Sep 2018, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:25 PMVipper

Their grenades are damage over time not explosives mini nukes there is no reason to be in cool down.

Actually all infiltration infantry (and camo units) should not have access to mini nukes.

GENERAL
Infiltration Units
Infiltration is being adjusted to be less potent by forcing all abilities to be on cooldown. This will prevent players from spawning a unit and throw a grenade before the other player can respond.

All abilities now start on cooldown
This affects:

Infiltration Commandos
Partisans; both variants
Stormtroopers
Jaeger Light Infantry

Yet, they felt the need to put molotovs on cooldown for partisans.
Sorry, there is no excuse for one to be on CD and other not.
25 Sep 2018, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2018, 14:41 PMKirrik
Commandos spawn with their nade on cooldown, Stormtroopers do not.
Thats kinda the whole point, in case you missed it
That and the fact that inf commando squad DPS on spawn is almost half of current stormtrooper squad

One has a mini nuke with sorter fuse than normal grenades that could easily be abused for squad wipes the other has DOT grenade, that is the point in case you missed it.

I would also suggested you check your numbers about their DPS.

In addition infiltration commandos can reinforce to 5 men, get access to lmgs (and ATG), get camo bonuses and have one of the highest tenacity in the game among other things.

I am not sure why you want to compare the units.

Finally if in your opinion DOT grenades and light gammon bombs are the thing than you should have no objection in my suggestion of replacing all explosives grenades for these units with DOTs, cooldown or no cooldown.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS