Login

russian armor

Stormtrooper changes

PAGES (7)down
3 Sep 2018, 03:12 AM

as far as I understand it's more about making stg44 accessible to ostheers, so we give ass grens stg44 and make them usable? ^^

i like the new sturmtrooper, i think they are useful right now
3 Sep 2018, 06:33 AM

They already were shock ppsh level, now they're slightly better than commando stens.

Oh Jesus wtf. I don’t see why anyone is complaining right now lol

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2018, 03:12 AMcyso
as far as I understand it's more about making stg44 accessible to ostheers, so we give ass grens stg44 and make them usable? ^^

i like the new sturmtrooper, i think they are useful right now

We already have panzergrenadiers for that though. They basically turn into the old stormtroopers if you pick a doctrine with ambush camo too, they just don’t have the tactical assault ability.
3 Sep 2018, 08:37 AM

I will just leave this hear so you can continue the discussion with what their MP40s currently are:

Stormtrooper MP 40: 0/10/15/17/20/25/35

18.69/18.69/7.14/2.449/0.717/0.1

So basically STGs at close range, SMGs at mid/far.
Makes sense and keeps them pretty powerful out of the gate.
21 Sep 2018, 19:00 PM

I love stormtroopers, however that revamp is definitely a downgrade, you took elite out of elite unit, by the time you run up 2 models gone, there is nothing storm about theme, please add stgs 44 back .
21 Sep 2018, 19:57 PM

I love stormtroopers, however that revamp is definitely a downgrade, you took elite out of elite unit, by the time you run up 2 models gone, there is nothing storm about theme, please add stgs 44 back .

their mp40s arent pio or assgren mp40s lmao, they have their own unique profile. hell, they could make a whole new mp40 profile that is the exact same as their stg profile and people would still think its a nerf.
21 Sep 2018, 20:12 PM

I personally love the new Storm Troopers now that they are a variation of Commandos- I haven't tried the new Incendiary Grenades yet but the smoke grenade is a big buff with the new MP40 profile. I think a lot of people are turned off by their new Ambush/Disruption role and just want large DPS brawler type Elite units but if you can fully utilize their new camo and abilities they are pretty strong and have a lot of utility. No way in hell I want the old Rekinned PZ Grens with Tactical Assault Stormtroopers back.
21 Sep 2018, 20:22 PM

Ambush infantry is meant to be used in ambush, not charging against HMG while yelling "FOR ZE FATHERLAND".

They have camo for a reason.
They are literally better scaling axis commando squad.
21 Sep 2018, 21:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

their mp40s arent pio or assgren mp40s lmao, they have their own unique profile. hell, they could make a whole new mp40 profile that is the exact same as their stg profile and people would still think its a nerf.

We could call them elite mp40s! :hyper: That way anyone that argues they're no longer elite would even be objectively wrong.
21 Sep 2018, 21:20 PM

We could call them elite mp40s! :hyper: That way anyone that argues they're no longer elite would even be objectively wrong.

Honestly though. Misinformed people keep complaining about how stormtroopers have no dps now and that couldn't be farther from the truth lol.
21 Sep 2018, 21:31 PM

Honestly though. Misinformed people keep complaining about how stormtroopers have no dps now and that couldn't be farther from the truth lol.

If there only existed some kind of preview mod they could play and check the changes in action before rushing on forums and complaining...
21 Sep 2018, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2018, 21:31 PMKatitof

If there only existed some kind of preview mod they could play and check the changes in action before rushing on forums and complaining...

Lol.
21 Sep 2018, 21:59 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Alternativly they could just make them spawn with the StGs and just change the StG profile than making them MP40s....
21 Sep 2018, 23:01 PM

I mean to be fair one would expect the new mp40 to follow the performance of the existing ones, which is lackluster to say the least (not unreasonable giving the timing of the some of the units slinging them) this whole same name but working differently business is getting out of hand (look at hit the dirt on cons and hit the dirt on guards for example) you shouldn't need to keep track of which things of the exact same name function in what way. Christ. Call it the mp-40/II just to define it or something..
21 Sep 2018, 23:23 PM

I mean to be fair one would expect the new mp40 to follow the performance of the existing ones, which is lackluster to say the least (not unreasonable giving the timing of the some of the units slinging them) this whole same name but working differently business is getting out of hand (look at hit the dirt on cons and hit the dirt on guards for example) you shouldn't need to keep track of which things of the exact same name function in what way. Christ. Call it the mp-40/II just to define it or something..

That's true. There's also 2 versions of the stg, m1 carbine, and kar98 too I think. It's all a bit unintuitive.
21 Sep 2018, 23:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Alternativly they could just make them spawn with the StGs and just change the StG profile than making them MP40s....

That was one way to approach it. The reason why I think mp40s make more sense is that storm mp40s behave similarly, but are stronger. Having them be stgs is a little jarring when they perform nothing like other stgs.

Of course there are already cases of weapons performing ENTIRELY different depending on which unit has them (volks stgs vs sturm, namely), but it's something I would personally like to avoid replicating.

I get that theres also the argument that stgs are historically strictly better than mp40s, and that they are therefore the weapon of elites - this much I agree with. But I don't see why storms have to thematically be super elites reliant on raw power as some others implied.
21 Sep 2018, 23:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

That's true. There's also 2 versions of the stg, m1 carbine, and kar98 too I think. It's all a bit unintuitive.

3 versions of the stg* (sturm, pgren, volks), 2 versions of the m1, 6 of the kar98* (ober, gren, volks, pfusi, osttruppen, AT partisans apparently?), 2 versions of the grease gun (vehicle crew, assault engi), 2 versions of the 1919 + bren + mg34 (fire on the move vs no fire on the move; the 1919 and bren also have more dps on the elite variants, not sure about the mg34), 2 current versions of the mp40, 3 versions of the g43 (pgren, gren, pfusi; not counting scoped), 3 mosins (guards, cons, combat engis), 4 ppshs (cons, partisan, shocks, assault guards), and probably more.

Basically all of these "variants" are similar in characteristics to the others, except for volks stgs being wildly different from other stgs.
22 Sep 2018, 00:13 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

That was one way to approach it. The reason why I think mp40s make more sense is that storm mp40s behave similarly, but are stronger. Having them be stgs is a little jarring when they perform nothing like other stgs.

Of course there are already cases of weapons performing ENTIRELY different depending on which unit has them (volks stgs vs sturm, namely), but it's something I would personally like to avoid replicating.

I get that theres also the argument that stgs are historically strictly better than mp40s, and that they are therefore the weapon of elites - this much I agree with. But I don't see why storms have to thematically be super elites reliant on raw power as some others implied.

I think both ways have their benefits, its just that when you say X unit has A weapon, there isn't a whole lot of information there to go off of. Like pioneers also have MP40s but perform very different. It's just CoH2 being itself in the poor ways it conveys information, most infamously veterancy.

And just for the sake of more information you're unsure of, the LMG34 deals only 4 damage when wielded by non-elites, vs the 6 of elites. One of the few things I was able to get into former patches thanks to Mr. Smith.
22 Sep 2018, 00:39 AM

What if you gave stormtroopers the lugar but gave it the dps curve of 4 ober mg34s :megusta:
22 Sep 2018, 01:53 AM

I think both ways have their benefits, its just that when you say X unit has A weapon, there isn't a whole lot of information there to go off of. Like pioneers also have MP40s but perform very different. It's just CoH2 being itself in the poor ways it conveys information, most infamously veterancy.

And just for the sake of more information you're unsure of, the LMG34 deals only 4 damage when wielded by non-elites, vs the 6 of elites. One of the few things I was able to get into former patches thanks to Mr. Smith.

+1 I think we can agree taht this game's statistics are a daunting mess lol. It does make sense to some degree that weapons perform differently in the hands of different soldiers though (but not to the extent of volks stgs vs sturm stgs vs pgren stgs obviously).

Wow I didn't know that. That's interesting. It still seems very good on pathfinders though. Do they count as elite for the purposes of the gun? I might just be seeing the effects of the sniper crit and the superior m1 carbines though.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 170
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %