Login

russian armor

is 2 needs buff

6 Aug 2018, 18:50 PM

to get veterancy you have to pass an ammount of experience. now that is so low that it happens fast.
or am i wrang here.
this doesn't mean the IS2 doesn't need a buff.

it surely needs an accuracy buff and scatter buff.

You could be hitting medium armor, they are easier to hit. :D
6 Aug 2018, 18:52 PM

You could be hitting medium armor, they are easier to hit. :D

not to hit. to damage.
6 Aug 2018, 19:19 PM

not to hit. to damage.

Easier to hit than infantry.
7 Aug 2018, 04:00 AM

Satisfactorily. I prefer that it be used than not used like now.

Have you ever watched top 1v1 games, or played 1v1 games?
7 Aug 2018, 04:10 AM

to get veterancy you have to pass an ammount of experience. now that is so low that it happens fast.
or am i wrang here.
this doesn't mean the IS2 doesn't need a buff.

it surely needs an accuracy buff and scatter buff.

It surely doesn't. It's already very good for its cost. I don't understand why people think that tanks should be perfect and weakness-free. If you give the IS2 good offensive ability it would be overpowered.

Pershing: Everyone knows it's amazing, but it has a downside of super small health pool for a heavy tank

Tiger: jack of all trades but not statistically impressive in any category.

IS2: slower than average, but extremely heavily armoured. It deflects Panther and PAK shots regularly with its 375 armour, basically trades offense for defense. Is good vs other tanks but RNG cannon vs infantry.

If you make it better against infantry it would basically just be a Tiger with much much more armour.
7 Aug 2018, 05:43 AM

Have you ever watched top 1v1 games, or played 1v1 games?

No, this is the most boring mode of the game. I don't know how IS-2 is used in 1x1, but in other modes it is not used at all. And balancing the game because you say that in 1x1 it is used, I think it's wrong.
7 Aug 2018, 06:06 AM

No, this is the most boring mode of the game. I don't know how IS-2 is used in 1x1, but in other modes it is not used at all. And balancing the game because you say that in 1x1 it is used, I think it's wrong.

Well 1v1 players would point out that balancing the game for 4v4, the most boring mode of the game, is wrong.

Just because you aren't good enough to play 1v1 doesn't mean that you can invalidate balance arguments made by other players.
7 Aug 2018, 06:57 AM

IS2: slower than average, but extremely heavily armoured. It deflects Panther and PAK shots regularly with its 375 armour, basically trades offense for defense. Is good vs other tanks but RNG cannon vs infantry.

If you make it better against infantry it would basically just be a Tiger with much much more armour.

IS-2 and KT have equal stats of armor. And let's compare who deal with infantry better - is-2 with it RNG cannon or KT with it laser accuracy, don't mention that KT have rare miss shots on vehicle too. When OKW call in KT, it can turn the game, but when soviets call IS-2...nothing special. IS-2 don't have blitz, have poor accuracy and it only have equal armor with KT and MG on top and BFG RNG cannon. I don't want to see IS-2 as IMBA, but i want to see it more consistent than now. Because when you put tons of resources on unit, you want to expect from it very good work. ISU-152, KV-2 and KV-8 do they job pretty well (they have only problem in commanders that in not so common usage), they can turn the game, but not IS-2. As said before, IS-2 need rework, it need new active ability and changes, like were made for brummbar.
7 Aug 2018, 07:41 AM

It surely doesn't. It's already very good for its cost. I don't understand why people think that tanks should be perfect and weakness-free. If you give the IS2 good offensive ability it would be overpowered.

Pershing: Everyone knows it's amazing, but it has a downside of super small health pool for a heavy tank

Tiger: jack of all trades but not statistically impressive in any category.

i agree with this statement tho each heavy has its own sweet spot to me IS2 is capable enough to do AI job if not the main gun at least it has most powerful mounted MG in the game
7 Aug 2018, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 06:57 AMMaret

IS-2 and KT have equal stats of armor. And let's compare who deal with infantry better - is-2 with it RNG cannon or KT with it laser accuracy, don't mention that KT have rare miss shots on vehicle too. When OKW call in KT, it can turn the game, but when soviets call IS-2...nothing special. IS-2 don't have blitz, have poor accuracy and it only have equal armor with KT and MG on top and BFG RNG cannon. I don't want to see IS-2 as IMBA, but i want to see it more consistent than now. Because when you put tons of resources on unit, you want to expect from it very good work. ISU-152, KV-2 and KV-8 do they job pretty well (they have only problem in commanders that in not so common usage), they can turn the game, but not IS-2. As said before, IS-2 need rework, it need new active ability and changes, like were made for brummbar.

You live in 2017, KT got IS-2 treatment. It can no longer even hit buildings 100% accuracy.
7 Aug 2018, 08:30 AM

You live in 2017, KT got IS-2 treatment. It can no longer even hit buildings 100% accuracy.

From coh2 stats:

As you can see, scatter of IS-2 almost in 2 times worst than KT and if use your logic when KT can't even hit on building, what that can hit IS-2?
7 Aug 2018, 08:47 AM

Well 1v1 players would point out that balancing the game for 4v4, the most boring mode of the game, is wrong.

Just because you aren't good enough to play 1v1 doesn't mean that you can invalidate balance arguments made by other players.

dude! this isn't about 4v4. i am a 1v1 player to, or atleast i was. i mean i've faced IS2 in 1v1 recently and tbh i wasn't afraid of it. the thing misses all its shots. it should be a litle more to the side of the tiger. i want it to atleast fucking hit its shots. it keeps missing and when it hits it may kill a model maybe 2 if you're lucky. i like how the tiger is right now but not how the IS2 is.

I don't understand why people think that tanks should be perfect and weakness-free. If you give the IS2 good offensive ability it would be overpowered.

so what tank is 'weakness-free'? doesn't every tank have AT to counter it? isn't that their weakness?
LOL the last bit is just funny. so you use the IS2 defensively? so you can sit back at the points you have but you can't attack the opponent? guess i'll have to use other units than my heavy tank that's supposed to have some impact on the game. idk what you're trying to accomplish with saying that.
shit man with buffing that accuracy a litle it will probably become the centaur when brits came out.
7 Aug 2018, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 08:30 AMMaret

From coh2 stats:

As you can see, scatter of IS-2 almost in 2 times worst than KT and if use your logic when KT can't even hit on building, what that can hit IS-2?

thx for showing this.
7 Aug 2018, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 08:30 AMMaret

From coh2 stats:

You are looking at stat that are not updated.
KT
Scatter
Scatter angle 7.5
Distance offset 0.185
Distance ratio 1
Distance max 5.7

AOE
AOE Radius 4
Distance near 1
Distance mid 2
Distance far 3
Damage near 240
Damage mid 84
Damage far 12
80 DMG distance 2.06

or am i wrang here.

Yes every unit has a XP value but I don't remember IS-2 having a low XP value. Unfortunately I can not check now. Even so the unit has to cause damage to get XP.
7 Aug 2018, 09:07 AM

Gosh, discussion quality is gold, when people go get stats from patch 1.00
7 Aug 2018, 09:12 AM

well pls show where dafuq you get it from.
btw vipper you're probs the most reasonable guy here but how can you have 2750 or something comments and have no replay or rank stats?
7 Aug 2018, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 08:52 AMVipper

You are looking at stat that are not updated.

My mistake, i don't know that con2 stats not updated. Could you show the same stats for is-2?
7 Aug 2018, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 09:12 AMMaret

My mistake, i don't know that con2 stats not updated. Could you show the same stats for is-2?

We all make mistakes don't worr about it. You can check stats in Cruzz's calculator or Firesparks file.

This is link to cruzz's calculator.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7gwy65JLbSRMEJ3M2ZPandMMW8/view
7 Aug 2018, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2018, 09:19 AMVipper

We all make mistakes don't worr about it. You can check stats in Cruzz's calculator or Firesparks file.

This is link to cruzz's calculator.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7gwy65JLbSRMEJ3M2ZPandMMW8/view

thx!
7 Aug 2018, 09:20 AM

thx!

You are welcomed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L