Login

russian armor

Big Annoucement from Relic

3 Jul 2018, 22:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Don't contradict Nigo unless you know something.

Nothing to say more i guess. You self solved the "problem".

3 Jul 2018, 23:01 PM

3 Jul 2018, 23:10 PM

Does the fact that the Artillery Commander for the UKF's portrait is in the front mean they are chosen to definitely be changed? Would it be a wasted vote to vote for them to be revamped?

Well I can say for certain that I would like to see the Valentine's ability arty call in turn to something like a Creeping Barrage with a wider scatter, courtesy of the 25 Pounders at base. THAT will make it more attractive! It's stupid that the Valentine requires a Sexton on the field to make it's Forward Observation Arty ability usable.

I honestly would like to see the HQ Glider be made more useful and unique too. Make it capable of building Universal Carriers, perhaps? Mortar Teams? Essentially a callback to CoH1.
3 Jul 2018, 23:16 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Does the fact that the Artillery Commander for the UKF's portrait is in the front mean they are chosen to definitely be changed? Would it be a wasted vote to vote for them to be revamped?

Well I can say for certain that I would like to see the Valentine's ability arty call in turn to something like a Creeping Barrage with a wider scatter, courtesy of the 25 Pounders at base. THAT will make it more attractive! It's stupid that the Valentine requires a Sexton on the field to make it's Forward Observation Arty ability usable.

No, when you look at okw falschirmjaegers doc or both Wehrmacht docs. They got changed already in dbp.
And yes I agree sexton doc needs changes.
3 Jul 2018, 23:18 PM

Glad they are still supporting this game. Given the rate of changes, it's probably a skeletal programming team but still much better than nothing.

Hoping somehow they can sneak in some balance stuff with the map patch so that Brits and USF catch up a bit in terms of win rate. Waiting until december will be painful for British fanboys especially.
3 Jul 2018, 23:20 PM

Changes will be nerfs to the Crocodile and Comet being limited to one (also with a scatter nerf and fuel put up to 230). Also bren gun being limited to one per squad.

This should diversify the UKF meta and bring them in line with other factions

4 Jul 2018, 00:26 AM

New UKF Commander coming in with AT Tommies, flamers and a Mobile Mortar.

Ill call it Must Pick Regiment.

In all seriousness Im happy relic has come back to support this game again. Really makes me happy to see!
4 Jul 2018, 03:20 AM

Awesome news. I can tell you already that the OKW commanders are going to be Overwatch and Elite Armor and UKF will be Artillery and Tactical Support (unless Relic is feeling saucy and wants to unlame Sim City Commander). Honestly new commander is entirely unexpected but they will all probably end up being pretty meta and/or OP initially if the past repeats itself. Be nice if there was a contest where if your commander idea/theme gets chosen you get all 5 new ones for free :)
4 Jul 2018, 05:20 AM

Remember we can only recucle stuff, like unique abilities and units from campaigns and ToW.
No new things.

Then what's the point in the new commander if this is an old commander? This is stupid, the Soviets and the Germans already have the tone of commanders with mixed abilities.
4 Jul 2018, 06:02 AM

L2R :P

From what i understand he asked about the mappatch

Then what's the point in the new commander if this is an old commander? This is stupid, the Soviets and the Germans already have the tone of commanders with mixed abilities.

We have some field where we can operate. For example we have model of Hetzer Tank, if we mix it with animation of jp4 firing we could get new tank destroyer for OKW. There is plenty of unused from beta UKF units that can be shown in new commander (AT commandos, recon Tommies, Artylery officer, and more)

Another example: Soviet got equipment not only from USA, Commonwealth also sended a lot of stuff. Soviet commander with Churchills and valentine? Why not
4 Jul 2018, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 06:02 AMStark

From what i understand he asked about the mappatch

We have some field where we can operate. For example we have model of Hetzer Tank, if we mix it with animation of jp4 firing we could get new tank destroyer for OKW. There is plenty of unused from beta UKF units that can be shown in new commander (AT commandos, recon Tommies, Artylery officer, and more)

Another example: Soviet got equipment not only from USA, Commonwealth also sended a lot of stuff. Soviet commander with Churchills and valentine? Why not

I don't see the point in the "new" commander if it's just a mix of old abilities, it was more productive to remake the third commander. The new commander should be a NEW COMMANDER - unique, with new units.
4 Jul 2018, 06:50 AM

Reworking USF's Mechanized Company would be nice for me. And also they can also add a defensive Commander if possible.
4 Jul 2018, 06:51 AM

I don't see the point in the "new" commander if it's just a mix of old abilities, it was more productive to remake the third commander. The new commander should be a NEW COMMANDER - unique, with new units.

That's why we need to be creative to make a new commander unique, special and not to be just a copy and mix of old abilities. Last commander revamp brought a lot of new abilities and upgrades: MP40 volks, soviet cammo tanks (with visiual bush), opel blitz reinforce truck, mg42 and pak42 weapon drop, etc. All of this was already in game but it was shown in totally new look/version - and that's how new commanders should be made.

Again PLZ add Hetzer tank destroyer! :wub:

BTW isn't that a wreck model of T-26 soviet light tank in game? And if there is a wreck model is there a actual unit model with all animations etc?
4 Jul 2018, 07:59 AM

Not "old" commander.
We can use vehicles and abilities from ToW and campaign to make them.
4 Jul 2018, 08:23 AM

Not "old" commander.
We can use vehicles and abilities from ToW and campaign to make them.

Uh, it still does not increase enthusiasm (I don't even remember any unique ability that was in ToW but not in multiplayer). Then it's better that Relic simply added this unrealized commander (I'm sure he's designed and just dusts on the shelf).

Tell us about his abilities, maybe this is an interesting commander or he needs changes.
4 Jul 2018, 08:32 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 06:51 AMStark
Again PLZ add Hetzer tank destroyer! :wub:

The Hetzer tank destroyer is possible :D

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=834631419:
4 Jul 2018, 08:32 AM

That's because all of ToW commanders already made it into the game.
What's in ToW and NOT in game is for example stubby P4 with pintle MG, 221, soviet truck, commissar, "PTRS" grens.

And there is also stuff from campaigns.
I'd be guessing that stuff that is in game files, works, but was never implemented also could be possible to use.
4 Jul 2018, 08:50 AM

That's because all of ToW commanders already made it into the game.
What's in ToW and NOT in game is for example stubby P4 with pintle MG, 221, soviet truck, commissar, "PTRS" grens.

And there is also stuff from campaigns.
I'd be guessing that stuff that is in game files, works, but was never implemented also could be possible to use.

Would be cool if someone (i know i ask for a lot) could put that "stuff" on a forum

Btw that p4 you mention is the one vetted tank group from Elite Armor before it was replace with Sturmtiger?
4 Jul 2018, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 08:50 AMStark

Would be cool if someone (i know i ask for a lot) could put that "stuff" on a forum

Btw that p4 you mention is the one vetted tank group from Elite Armor before it was replace with Sturmtiger?

Nope, the P4 you talk about is what OKW got in schwerer now.

You're probably thinking CoH1 PE P4 here, which ToW one is(minus ability).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★