Login

russian armor

GCS2 Citadel faction win rate

3 Jul 2018, 20:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Bad Balance might discourage people from playing their favorite faction. I switch games when the balance favors one side over the other or the meta becomes stale.

So penals/partisans/luchs/CAS rush was balanced ?
3 Jul 2018, 20:08 PM

Damn, talk about grasping at straws here.
3 Jul 2018, 23:39 PM

VASA has a point earlier about old CAS meta, op T-70 was countered by double pak back then and most players didn't even need vehicles with enough LMG grens and team weapons (yes skill planes added to that but by the time of early t-70 you didn't crutch on them).

However I think the 222 and T-70 should be 250mp, they scale so well for 200mp.
4 Jul 2018, 00:23 AM

VASA has a point earlier about old CAS meta, op T-70 was countered by double pak back then and most players didn't even need vehicles with enough LMG grens and team weapons (yes skill planes added to that but by the time of early t-70 you didn't crutch on them).

However I think the 222 and T-70 should be 250mp, they scale so well for 200mp.

The entire game was different back then. It’s not so simple to make comparisons across such different patches.

And if memory serves, the t70 died to two PAK shots (unless there was enough time between them to self repair).
4 Jul 2018, 06:30 AM

Self repair was much more OP than 3 shots. It was basically immune to faust.

4 Jul 2018, 16:58 PM

Tiger ace being prime example, even when it no longer was 2500hp, 320dmg 100% penetration on everything behemoth, it still was one of the most popular doctrines in low level players brackets.

True, but going from that to saying you need to be top 50-100 to notice balance is a ridiculous stretch. Im pretty sure I've never cracked the top 100 for 1v1s, and the game feels plenty different after every patch for me.

Pretty sure your rank that week doesn't determine whether or not you simply care enough about the game to pay attention....

4 Jul 2018, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned
What I don't get is what Relic wants to do with the game. They claim that they are at least attempting to turn it into an esport game so balance for top players is crucial but many changes are very questionable. Like the Tiger Ace nerf to cost 160 f. Find me a single top player that said TA was op. Everyone knows how to deal with a TA, its silly. I rarely see even above average players complain about the TA, I did see around one or two people complain about it at most and that was all that was needed for the nerf. Same with KT nerf. Largely uncalled for and none of the top players complained about it. Hence the question is WHAT IS RELIC TRYING TO DO?

Does Relic want all players to watch the top players for a few games to see what is meta every patch and learn the op builds and strategies that the top players devise for each faction and abuse the shit out of them in automatch? Because that is what happened for the last few patches. If this is what Relic wanted, then why listen to the scrubs that complain about TA and KT if you want all players to follow the top players?!

I haven't watched all the matches in this competition but I want to know how many Ost victories were achieved with mob def. As someone pointed out earlier, we need to see what Ost can do without the doctrine. I don't understand the hype around the doctrine and how its op. It did catch a few people off guard right after the patch went live but if the allied player catches on and respects the 222s, the cars will find themselves knocked out in the blink of an eye. Allied players were used to the 222 beinga piece of garbage for a long time since their cost was nerfed to the ground. Which means if you're USF, you'll ignore it, stall it from green cover, wait for vet1 AT nade, and MAYBE a zook. As SU, tech at nades, once hit, you can say goodbye to the 222 as it doesn't have the dps to fend off a second AT nade. Only UKF may (and I really mean MAY) struggle a bit. Now if Ost gets 2 or more 222, at gun is a much more efficient counter. You simply cannot "stall" double 222 without some hard AT. I know, its unfathomable that USF/SU needs to sink mp into an AT gun against Ost lights. This is the reason why EVERYONE was whining about the 222 buff (or should I say, coming back to relevance) even before patch implementation. USF/SU players couldn't be bothered to buy an at gun. All the allied player needs to do is RESPECT THE 222s and actually trying to knock them out asap instead of stalling them. I find that mob def is increasingly being anticipated and countered by allied players and that it shouldn't be a problem.
4 Jul 2018, 17:05 PM

True, but going from that to saying you need to be top 50-100 to notice balance is a ridiculous stretch. Im pretty sure I've never cracked the top 100 for 1v1s, and the game feels plenty different after every patch for me.

Pretty sure your rank that week doesn't determine whether or not you simply care enough about the game to pay attention....

Sure, the game does feel different patch to patch for everyone, but unless you're that top 100 level or better, its not going to change much for you other then "no longer 1 infantry type spam" or "no longer 1 heavy to win them all" meta changes and if you're rank 300+, balance is completely irrelevant for you as you'll be able to win against these opponents using literally anything and you'll lose to literally anything.

Hell, just look at ullumulu and his sub 500 ranks, he considers even soviet combat engineers an OP unit, should really opinions of players like him be taken into consideration? I don't think so.

Top players are hardly all knowing oracles of balance, but 10-30 of them will have much better and more accurate insight then tohusands of casual, nooby ukuleles.

And since you referred to my current rank, it is a result of 2 things - good understanding of all factions units and their balance and lack of regular practices, had I played on a daily basis and therefore polished up my micro(which is pretty decent, top 1-3 2v2 players and teams I've beaten with Zarok was hardly him carrying me through these games) and especially awareness(my actual weak side, which comes from me being simply "old"), I'd be able to stick to top 100 for at least 3 factions.

So yeah, my rank being where it is, actually IS a direct result of me not paying enough attention as my awareness, especially in late game is rather poor, unless I fight someone known :romeoHairDay:
4 Jul 2018, 21:48 PM

And since you referred to my current rank

Lol no you really misunderstood me there. I meant "your rank that week" in a general sense. A person's weekly ranking has little to do with whether they pay any attention to the patchnotes, updates, tourneys, etc. and that's all you really need to do to "notice balance".

Could not give less of a turd about your rank tbh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS