Login

russian armor

Bofors AAA , will it ever be fixed?

1 Jul 2018, 09:50 AM

The bofors is still not shooting down aircraft as intended. This forces the UKF player to purchase a centaur or other antiaircraft system when they might not want to / will be more detrimental in the long run for the UKF player. This needs fixing ASAP.

1 Jul 2018, 10:02 AM

I don't think it's a balance issue, but it is utterly ridiculous for a dedicated anti-air gun to not do any damage to aircraft.
1 Jul 2018, 10:06 AM

But hey at least the Bofors has a barrage ability... AA gun not killing planes while laying down indirect fire is just Relic things I guess?

The OKW AA emplacement doesn´t shoot down planes either AFAIK
1 Jul 2018, 10:15 AM

Only the base AA emplacements do not engage aircraft, because they are free and that gave OKW an unfair advantage. The Luftwaffe doctrinal Flak emplacements do engage aircraft.
1 Jul 2018, 10:26 AM

But hey at least the Bofors has a barrage ability... AA gun not killing planes while laying down indirect fire is just Relic things I guess?

AA did lay down indirect fire in WWII. The German 88 was used in that role by having the shell explode above enemy troops.
1 Jul 2018, 10:53 AM

Only the base AA emplacements do not engage aircraft, because they are free and that gave OKW an unfair advantage. The Luftwaffe doctrinal Flak emplacements do engage aircraft.

Bofors engage airplanes too...They just dont kill them. Luftwaffe doctrinal flak emplacements do the same.
1 Jul 2018, 11:03 AM

I just tested this in cheat mode...The OKW AA emplacements does indeed kill planes. I was wrong about that.

It´s not very good at it though. I tested it against an IL2 loiter and it only managed to kill one plane at the very end of the loiter. So if you want to prevent your troops from getting killed by the IL2 skill planes it probably wont do much.
1 Jul 2018, 12:36 PM

It is not a bug, it is most probably a balance "feature".
In comparison with OKW Heavy Mechanised truck, Bofors have higher RoF, which means it will be supeiour to OKW main AAA, especially when Brit is playing SimCity instead of CoH2.

It could be fixed, howewer, with same measures as OKW-AAA - just give it two separate modes - one for ground, one for air with cooldowns and stuff.
1 Jul 2018, 12:45 PM
Donator 11

It is not a bug, it is most probably a balance "feature".
In comparison with OKW Heavy Mechanised truck, Bofors have higher RoF, which means it will be supeiour to OKW main AAA, especially when Brit is playing SimCity instead of CoH2.

It could be fixed, howewer, with same measures as OKW-AAA - just give it two separate modes - one for ground, one for air with cooldowns and stuff.

The AA capability depends on RoF and chance to shoot down. So high RoF can be ballanced with low enough probability.

I feel the problem is that bofors is cheap and hard to destroy with artillery. That is not an issue when you have to place it on the frontline to be useful. But it immidiately becomes one, when you can just spam them behind the lines for AA, becouse then they both secure your flanks and destroy any airplane ability. And axis team doesn't get any real chance to destroy them, becouse only short range artillery (like mortars) or full blown attack can do that.

That said, I feel this problem can be partially solved by giving bofors AA capabilities only when there is a squad inside. I said partially, becouse sadly it the forward assembly is probably going to give the same bonus.
1 Jul 2018, 12:49 PM

OP you can't actually be serious? YOu pay 280 manpower and 30 fuel for a emplacment that shreds infantry , light vehicles, armoured vehicles and even tanks in a 360 degree arc. If that wasn't enough its got super armour as well as an artillery feature along with AA abilities.

I repeat again 280 manpower and 30 fuel.

THis unit should not be in the game at all and should be removed.
1 Jul 2018, 12:52 PM
Donator 11

OP you can't actually be serious? YOu pay 280 manpower and 30 fuel for a emplacment that shreds infantry , .ight vehicles, armoured vehicles and even tanks in a 360 degree arc. If that wasn't enough its got super armour as well as an artillery feature along with AA abilities.

THis unit should not be in the game at all and should be removed.

The key here is the word "emplacement". Its inability to move means that it is very easy to kill, so the cost is approperiate.

Btw, when was the last time you have seen a bofors in coh2 match? I think I haven't seen a single one since brace nerf.
1 Jul 2018, 13:19 PM

That said, I feel this problem can be partially solved by giving bofors AA capabilities only when there is a squad inside. I said partially, becouse sadly it the forward assembly is probably going to give the same bonus.

The Forward Assembly hasn't provided garrison bonuses since DBP.

You've given me an idea with that "doesn't shoot planes if not garrisoned" suggestion though.
1 Jul 2018, 13:39 PM

OP you can't actually be serious? YOu pay 280 manpower and 30 fuel for a emplacment that shreds infantry , .ight vehicles, armoured vehicles and even tanks in a 360 degree arc. If that wasn't enough its got super armour as well as an artillery feature along with AA abilities.

This unit should not be in the game at all and should be removed.

Why dosent an AAA gun shoot down aircraft? Thats the point I want to know , im not talking about the rest of the emplacements capabilities.
1 Jul 2018, 18:32 PM

why doesn't the panther a medium tank do a decent job on killing infantry it has machine guns and a heavy gun fully capable of firing HE rounds?

why doesn't a direct hit from a stuka bomb destroy an emplacement ?

I don't mean to be rude but you are saying the equivellent of getting a brand new Bentley for 5 euros and complain because there is a spec of dirt on the door . When everyone else is driving a Fiat Punto that was purchased at full price.
1 Jul 2018, 20:23 PM

why doesn't the panther a medium tank do a decent job on killing infantry it has machine guns and a heavy gun fully capable of firing HE rounds?

why doesn't a direct hit from a stuka bomb destroy an emplacement ?

I don't mean to be rude but you are saying the equivellent of getting a brand new Bentley for 5 euros and complain because there is a spec of dirt on the door . When everyone else is driving a Fiat Punto that was purchased at full price.

You are confusing a balance design with obvious bug.
But since its you... no one is surprised.

And since you believe its price issue only, please explain to us here how 222 is capable of shooting planes down somewhat reliably and you can get that instead of ostwind.
2 Jul 2018, 06:07 AM

.... 222 is capable of shooting planes down somewhat reliably and you can get that instead of ostwind....

WAIT WOT
2 Jul 2018, 06:35 AM

WAIT WOT

222's MG on top fires at planes. Not its main cannon.
2 Jul 2018, 06:57 AM

222's MG on top fires at planes. Not its main cannon.

No, it engages planes with its autocannon. The coaxial MG doesn't fire.
Which does make sense, given that the 222's autocannon was based on a Flak AA cannon and had good enough elevation to target aircraft.
2 Jul 2018, 06:59 AM

No, it engages planes with its autocannon. The coaxial MG doesn't fire.

Oh okay, then I was wrong. I was wondering why it is so good at firing down planes, so here's the answer :-)
2 Jul 2018, 10:35 AM

Why dosent an AAA gun shoot down aircraft? Thats the point I want to know , im not talking about the rest of the emplacements capabilities.

When the AA options got buffed they forgot about Bofors most people didnt notice cuz nobody builds them ever but ya a bofors will fire at a loiter plane the entire time and never down it and its pretty sad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS