Login

russian armor

Should UKF get one or more of their doctrinal tools non-doc?

3 Jul 2018, 14:26 PM

he doesnt understand than this AT boys allows the following:

blobb and a-move around the fiel.

I guess you could do that, but you can get a similar result with any faction by typing /l in the match chat.
3 Jul 2018, 14:56 PM

you missed to tell us that this dmg isnt little and they can deal with light and mdeium armor ...min push them away.

my suggestion:

give them a nondoc snare, but remove than:

- sniper stun
- Tulips from FF

than it would be ok.

Light armor, sure, med armor? I think you should read up on patch notes or STOP driving your med armor forward by pressing R - it means REVERSE, not RAPMAGE.
3 Jul 2018, 15:05 PM

Light armor, sure, med armor? I think you should read up on patch notes or STOP driving your med armor forward by pressing R - it means REVERSE, not RAPMAGE.

Why are you suggesting to read the patch notes? What does the notes say?
3 Jul 2018, 16:20 PM

I suppose a middle ground option would be to add an AT Grenade upgrade to sections that is mutually exclusive with Med Kits and Pyrotechnics Supplies. Tradeoff of on field healing for snares is pretty fair I think. With addition of Forward Assembly Medics a Brit player can choose to focus on AT if they want to. That way AT Sections retain their flavor of having light AT support AND free snare upgrade.
3 Jul 2018, 16:28 PM

I suppose a middle ground option would be to add an AT Grenade upgrade to sections that is mutually exclusive with Med Kits and Pyrotechnics Supplies. Tradeoff of on field healing for snares is pretty fair I think. With addition of Forward Assembly Medics a Brit player can choose to focus on AT if they want to. That way AT Sections retain their flavor of having light AT support AND free snare upgrade.

Also a great idea.
3 Jul 2018, 16:43 PM

Imo tommies should be 4 men squad price of 260. Pyrotechings increasing size to 5 proving 2 scoped Enfields, taking all weapon slot and removing all fring bonuses/penalties of cover. Also replacing their mills bomb with a smoke grenade. They could also provide "victor" barrages for mortars (maybe gain the 1 25p barrages as veterancy bonus).

Medic kits could be moved to engineers. Bolster infantry could become allot cheaper and affect only Ro.En and maybe call-in infantry. Heavy sapper could be a dual option either for faster repair or for slower repair but better combat performance.
3 Jul 2018, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2018, 16:43 PMVipper
Imo tommies should be 4 men squad price of 260. Pyrotechings increasing size to 5 proving 2 scoped Enfields, taking all weapon slot and removing all fring bonuses/penalties of cover. Also replacing their mills bomb with a smoke grenade.

Medic kits could be moved to engineers. Bolster infantry could become allot cheaper and affect only Ro.En and maybe call-in infantry.

Etherealdragon idea is better and i guess easier to implement
3 Jul 2018, 16:52 PM

Etherealdragon idea is better and i guess easier to implement

actually they not mutually exclusive.
3 Jul 2018, 17:27 PM

You could probably fix the no-mobile indirect fire problem in the same way: give Pyrotechnics Sections the ability to call in a smoke barrage from the base howitzers. Green smoke, decent range, no cost but triggers the global howitzer cooldown.
3 Jul 2018, 23:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2018, 08:13 AMVipper

That was a simply sing typo. From * to -. What swordfisch claimed was that they did not get the accuracy/CD bonus anymore which they do.

And actually my original point was that having access to 2 auras (Air-landing officer/Command vehicle) would make unit broken and it would.

No.... I claimed it was nerfed, which it was

you claimed they get -80% RA in an aura, which is wrong. I said they get a decent RA and accuracy buff for around 10-15 seconds with heroric charge, hardly gamebreaking when we have a command P4 giving units the extra health to survive direct grenades at their feet.
3 Jul 2018, 23:26 PM

Imo tommies should be 4 men squad price of 260. Pyrotechings increasing size to 5 proving 2 scoped Enfields, taking all weapon slot and removing all fring bonuses/penalties of cover. Also replacing their mills bomb with a smoke grenade. They could also provide "victor" barrages for mortars (maybe gain the 1 25p barrages as veterancy bonus).

Medic kits could be moved to engineers. Bolster infantry could become allot cheaper and affect only Ro.En and maybe call-in infantry. Heavy sapper could be a dual option either for faster repair or for slower repair but better combat performance.

I like the idea of healing being changed to RE and having them pick between heavy repair or healing

but I don't like how brits would be forced to pay 40muni for another inf upgrade just to have one unit being able to snare. USF/Ost/OKW don't have to pay any such price.

IMO it could be bundled in with grenade tech or make AT tommies non-doc (unrelated but I believe molotovs and AT nade should be combined for Soviets too). easy fix
3 Jul 2018, 23:30 PM

Again the idea sounds ok, but having an 40muni upgrade when you already have to shelf healing or pyro is a bit steep. How about they start with Snares upon grenade tech but lose that ability if they use medkits/pyro?
4 Jul 2018, 00:15 AM

The thing with AT tommies is that they are able to deal the initial damage for their snare to cross the threshold of damaging tank engines. That's no insignificant capability.

Quite frankly I am more reticent about more non-doc handheld AT than I am with Tommies having a snare. A more expensive grenade upgrade (so, costing fuel) that unlocks AT nades for all tommies I think I prefer more than making the BOYS rifle/AT nade combo a stock muni upgrade. I dunno. I don't play Brits enough.

I'll reiterate that if the AEC stun were changed to just inflict damaged engine, rather than the timed immobilization, there'd be a semi-non-doctrinal option for UKF to snare. Although that may warrant reworking AEC vet.
4 Jul 2018, 00:21 AM

Imo tommies should be 4 men squad price of 260.

I agree, base tommies arent worth 280mp. 260 would make the Brit early game much easier and make early game tommies actually somewhat cost effective.

4 Jul 2018, 05:01 AM

Brits were cancerous for so long, it's nice to have one season/patch without them. Definitely agree that they're bad right now, but I'm happy to have 4 playable, competitive factions and the less Brit cancer the better.

I would remove emplacements and give Brits an infantry support gun like OKW, along with some way to get snares if I wanted to fix the faction. But I'm happy to see Brits languish - this patch is the most balanced the game has been for many years, and a resurgence for the Brits could threaten that.
4 Jul 2018, 07:05 AM

IMO it could be bundled in with grenade tech or make AT tommies non-doc (unrelated but I believe molotovs and AT nade should be combined for Soviets too). easy fix

Please see the discussion that’s already been done on this. I agree with you, which is why I created the poll in the link. Cheers!

https://www.coh2.org/topic/79043/british-snare-problem-and-potential-fixes

4 Jul 2018, 08:13 AM

No.... I claimed it was nerfed, which it was

you claimed they get -80% RA in an aura, which is wrong. I said they get a decent RA and accuracy buff for around 10-15 seconds with heroric charge, hardly gamebreaking when we have a command P4 giving units the extra health to survive direct grenades at their feet.

This is your original claim :

"Aura? Pretty sure the only aura ALO gives is a sprint and a decent RA buff for 10 seconds or so when you use the heroic charge ability. I don't see why this would be an issue.
"

Air ladning officer does not simply give sprint and RA buff, it gives *0.75 TS, *1.40 Ac. *0.8 CD +1 speed

now add to that *1.20 Ac, *0.8 CD *0.80 CD from a command vehicles and you should start seeing why this combination (with probably more than *200% DPS) would be a problem.
4 Jul 2018, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2018, 08:13 AMVipper

snip

I said iirc and disagreed with what you said because looking at your original stats you posted they seemed incorrect, and they were as others have pointed out.

Anyway there is an easy fix here and it's simply making the bonus not stack. So not really an argument to why UKF shouldn't be allowed a non-doc CQB unit to help with flanks.
4 Jul 2018, 12:05 PM

Please see the discussion that’s already been done on this. I agree with you, which is why I created the poll in the link. Cheers!

https://www.coh2.org/topic/79043/british-snare-problem-and-potential-fixes

I hope Relic are paying attention to this that thread, a lot of good discussion that they can take onboard (rather than just taking what Mr Smith says as gospel and leaving brits legless and boring to play even longer.)
4 Jul 2018, 12:14 PM

I said iirc and disagreed with what you said because looking at your original stats you posted they seemed incorrect, and they were as others have pointed out.

Anyway there is an easy fix here and it's simply making the bonus not stack. So not really an argument to why UKF shouldn't be allowed a non-doc CQB unit to help with flanks.

Air landing officer is not a very good CQC unit its 4 men with no camo. It is however a good support unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS