Login

russian armor

Should UKF get one or more of their doctrinal tools non-doc?

Should UKF get any of these tools non-doctrinal for purchase?
Option Distribution Votes
48%
11%
7%
11%
6%
17%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Jun 2018, 13:15 PM

I don't feel adding flamers non-doc is the answer, but personally I think adding AT tommies or/and air landing officer would help the function of the faction a lot. They are just so slow and mediocre at present. The lack of snare hurts your mobility the most I feel, once your AT gun cover is gone attacks break down so you have to play a lot more defensively (and boring compared to say Ost).

Air landing officer would be a purchasable officer in T2, possibly 400mp to dump any MP float on to have a unit to help with flanks. AT tommies could be purchasable for 340mp upon tech up. (having an option to pick between these two units might be interesting).

Non-doc AT boys would be a indirect buff to UKF building clearance where you can actually support your WASP in mobile attacks before it gets deleted by a 222.

Am I talking rubbish? How do you feel
30 Jun 2018, 14:37 PM

Would the alo retain the - 75% target size and sprint buff that's somehow gone under the radar?
30 Jun 2018, 15:29 PM

Air-landing officer and Command tank, what could possibly go wrong with 2 auras available in 1 doctrine.
30 Jun 2018, 15:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Airlanding officer buff was nerfed in DBP I believe. It is now no longer outrageous RA buff.
30 Jun 2018, 15:44 PM

I would be more for the AT tommies, since now, they dont have anything to reliably stop LVs and be effective against infantry at the same time
30 Jun 2018, 15:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 15:29 PMVipper
Air-landing officer and Command tank, what could possibly go wrong with 2 auras available in 1 doctrine.

Aura? Pretty sure the only aura ALO gives is a sprint and a decent RA buff for 10 seconds or so when you use the heroic charge ability. I don't see why this would be an issue.
It used to be pretty strong on release but it was nerfed a good year or two ago iirc.
30 Jun 2018, 16:10 PM

Aura? Pretty sure the only aura ALO gives is a sprint and a decent RA buff for 10 seconds or so when you use the heroic charge ability. I don't see why this would be an issue.
It used to be pretty strong on release but it was nerfed a good year or two ago iirc.

Heroic Charge
Affected squads within a 20 meter radius will sprint. -80% received accuracy, -20% cool-down, and +40% accuracy.
30 Jun 2018, 16:17 PM

the main thing crippling british is really their lack of decent artillery in the tech tree, and this is an issue with the mortar pit and FOO tommy being useless.

The land mattress was a prototype the british merely experimented during last stage of the war. The western allies have always prefer howitzer and hold the tradition to this very day.

The British (and US) call in barrage just need to be better.
30 Jun 2018, 16:32 PM

Where is the "No" option?
30 Jun 2018, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 16:10 PMVipper

Heroic Charge
Affected squads within a 20 meter radius will sprint. -80% received accuracy, -20% cool-down, and +40% accuracy.

You're wrong and qouting years old stats it seems

Again I don't see the issue with ALO being non-doc, IS could use a USF style officer to help with flanks and Ostheer MG play.

It seems any attempt to buff brits and people post falsehoods and OP stats from years ago to justify them lacking any tools current factions have

30 Jun 2018, 17:31 PM

You're wrong and qouting years old stats it seems

Again I don't see the issue with ALO being non-doc, IS could use a USF style officer to help with flanks and Ostheer MG play.

It seems any attempt to buff brits and people post falsehoods and OP stats from years ago to justify them lacking any tools current factions have

Read the notes again they simply reduced the RA bonus from 75 to 80 they did not change the other bonuses.
30 Jun 2018, 17:40 PM

Only one of these I can see not being OP is the AT tommies, but I actually do think that option would be both useful and balanced.

As I've said before, UKF never had great AT, and every single one of their unique AT options (sniper critical shot, accurate AT gun, AEC treadbreaker, Comet, PIAT) have been step-by-step nerfed so now they have nothing. I'd rather just revert some of the nerfs, but non-doc AT tommies are a viable alternative option IMHO.

Edit: as an additional comment on the artillery options, I do agree that current UKF indirect also needs a rework (mortar pit is useless in any semi-serious game). I would rather see some kind of early mortar rework (2-inch mortar carrier..?) than late-game non-doc heavy arty, though.
30 Jun 2018, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 17:31 PMVipper

Read the notes again they simply reduced the RA bonus from 75 to 80 they did not change the other bonuses.

If that is true and the only change they have made in years then why is my grenade sharing a cooldown? The old numbers were a lot higher than just 20% less RA, they were straight up terminators for 10 seconds on release.

I can boot up the game and record it right now if you really want, but the ability has been nerfed considerably so I'm not sure why you're making a fuss of a unit hardly used.
30 Jun 2018, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 17:31 PMVipper

from the modding tool:

cost: 30 mun

1.4 weapon accuracy
.8 weapon cooldown (-20% time between firing)
+1 speed (sprinting)
.75 received accuracy (aka -25% incoming accuracy)

The patch note is slightly out of sync(-25% in acc instead of -20% in acc), but it is more accurate then the really old bonus you posted.

that said I would prefer better artillery for the british than giving them heroic charge.
30 Jun 2018, 17:57 PM

that said I would prefer better artillery for the british than giving them heoic charge.

I think if it is swapped with some minor changes it could be what brits need (remove buff and reduce cooldown, so basically orah! without extra damage but tied to one unit), I doubt relic will ever rework the mortar pit or make a new mortar unit.

Even USF mortar was copied from AA campaign, the best we can hope for is current units being swapped from doctrines or changed.
30 Jun 2018, 19:10 PM

I voted for sextons because brits really really need something to break fortified lines that can actually move (and therefore survive and be viable and usable). I personally don't have a ton of trouble with lights because the AEC is so good. The only problems I ever have is with 222s occasionally coming before the AEC and my lack of snares meaning a dead UC and dead sniper most likely. Sexton needs a buff regardless of whether it is hypothetically made nondoctrinal or not (it will probably never be made nondoc though).

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 15:29 PMVipper

Airlanding officer doesn't have an aura.
30 Jun 2018, 20:17 PM

Anti tank package as an upgrade to Infantry Sections.

Package contains two Boys AT rifles and unlocks the anti tank grenade ability. Locks the use of medical kits or pyrotechnic kit.

That’s my vote.
30 Jun 2018, 22:52 PM

Airlanding officer doesn't have an aura.

Get a glider, choose the commander, press "heroic charge" and you will get your aura.

from the modding tool:

cost: 30 mun

1.4 weapon accuracy
.8 weapon cooldown (-20% time between firing)
+1 speed (sprinting)
.75 received accuracy (aka -25% incoming accuracy)

The patch note is slightly out of sync(-25% in acc instead of -20% in acc), but it is more accurate then the really old bonus you posted.

Your numbers are the same with the ones I provided minus the received accuracy (-25%vs-20%) which was in patch notes but seem that it did not make it to game.
30 Jun 2018, 23:03 PM

My heart says Valentine.

My head says AT Infantry Sections simply for the snare.
30 Jun 2018, 23:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 22:52 PMVipper

Get a glider, choose the commander, press "heroic charge" and you will get your aura.

Your numbers are the same with the ones I provided minus the received accuracy (-25%vs-20%) which was in patch notes but seem that it did not make it to game.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2018, 16:10 PMVipper

Heroic Charge
(emphasis mine)

Do you realize just how big of a difference is between a -25% received accuracy and a -80% received accuracy?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★