Login

russian armor

British snare problem and potential fixes

22 Jun 2018, 09:54 AM

Sure you can have a snare if you remove all emplacements entirely.

You can't have the best of everything.
22 Jun 2018, 11:31 AM

all the soft snare in the British army, (tulip, sniper shot, AEC shot, gammon bomb) would just be redundant if the british get actual snare.

Sniper Turret Lock isn't a snare: it does nothing to the vehicle's mobility. The same goes for Stuart Shell Shock.

Tulips and AEC Treadbreaker are both long range. Snares are close up (unless you have the Panzerfaust range bulletin which frankly should be removed). Their purpose is to deter tanks from recklessly diving.

The gammon bomb is as much a snare as the non-sticky satchel charge is.
22 Jun 2018, 11:46 AM

If the brits get a snare, i want brace for the OKW t4
and
Armor piercing bullets for the Ostheer sniper

22 Jun 2018, 11:54 AM

If the brits get a snare, i want brace for the OKW t4
and
Armor piercing bullets for the Ostheer sniper

How about this:

If UKF gets a snare, OKW stops being special snowflake and can no longer place forward trucks, base building in base sector, just like everyone else has to.

2 birds, one stone.

And about ost sniper, are you willing to lose AoE shot for that? Be my guest.
22 Jun 2018, 20:07 PM

Just lump the AT Sections HEAT Grenade in with the Mills Bomb Upgrade and make it the same cost as the Soviet Anti-Tank Grenades and you are good to go in my opinion.
22 Jun 2018, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 06:23 AMStark
It was removed becouse call in battlegroups were too expensive and i think people didn't really like it.

I think it was mostly removed due to the whole gimmick design of UKF having "operations" or big package of commander abilities which would lock all other abilities for some time. Also USF showed us that the concept of several units for a high cost, doesn't work unless we talk about no tech double T3485s.
23 Jun 2018, 04:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2018, 11:31 AMLago

Sniper Turret Lock isn't a snare: it does nothing to the vehicle's mobility. The same goes for Stuart Shell Shock.

Tulips and AEC Treadbreaker are both long range. Snares are close up (unless you have the Panzerfaust range bulletin which frankly should be removed). Their purpose is to deter tanks from recklessly diving.

The gammon bomb is as much a snare as the non-sticky satchel charge is.

hence "soft" snare.

the point is really how an actual snare would make all those functionally obsolete.
23 Jun 2018, 05:36 AM

hence "soft" snare.

the point is really how an actual snare would make all those functionally obsolete.

Soviet has button and the satchel snare, but AT nades don't make those obsolete. You won't always have an infantry unit in range and in the place you need the snare. Even more so with Brits given the inability to have as many sections running around as Cons.

Same with Ost and target weak point.

Same with USF and Stuart.
23 Jun 2018, 08:54 AM
Benefactor 115

controversially I'd prefer it if the only snares in game for all factions were mines but that's not going to happen.
23 Jun 2018, 09:23 AM

I think 90% of UKF players would happily swap emplacements with another faction in exchange for mobile units.
23 Jun 2018, 09:30 AM

controversially I'd prefer it if the only snares in game for all factions were mines but that's not going to happen.

That runs the risky of turning the game into pushing/crushing infantry party like in COH1 which in my opinion was extremely bad.
23 Jun 2018, 10:45 AM

Tommies should be a more defensive version of Rifleman, make them 5 man stock but keep RE's 4 man and remove 5 man upgrade. Keep pop cap the same so you are still paying more for this extra performance than volks or grens who are 1 pop cap lower. Starting squad to be changed to an engineer squad for balance.

Bundle in an AT grenade with the grenade tech upgrade, then it will have more incentive to tech for. It also opens up the avenue do you want to tech for grenades and snares first or brens and PIATs? Choice in strategy and AT options is good. But right now Brits don't really have many , which in turn makes them a bit boring to play compared to Ost (do I want to go pak and faust? double 222? Puma? pgren Shreks? clowncar shreks? tellers?)
23 Jun 2018, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 09:30 AMVipper

That runs the risky of turning the game into pushing/crushing infantry party like in COH1 which in my opinion was extremely bad.

Temporary snares could work, single squads would be forced off or destroyed, but combined arms would still bust the vehicle.

Its all about answering the question if AT nade like that should last 5 or 50 seconds.
23 Jun 2018, 16:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 13:34 PMKatitof

Temporary snares could work, single squads would be forced off or destroyed, but combined arms would still bust the vehicle.

Its all about answering the question if AT nade like that should last 5 or 50 seconds.

Do you have more than 10 1v1 games as Brits?
23 Jun 2018, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 16:26 PMsinthe

Do you have more than 10 1v1 games as Brits?

I have enough in the mode I play the most to tell they are utterly useless in late game.
And the post you quoted was referring to all infantry snares, not brits specifically.
24 Jun 2018, 09:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2018, 18:58 PMKatitof

I have enough in the mode I play the most to tell they are utterly useless in late game.
And the post you quoted was referring to all infantry snares, not brits specifically.

Are you talking about the game mode in which a top 50 ranked player most likely carries you?
24 Jun 2018, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 09:34 AMsinthe

Are you talking about the game mode in which a top 50 ranked player most likely carries you?

I'm quite positive that if I was as much of a dead weight as you're trying to make me out to be, he wouldn't be playing with me.

Believe me, beating top 10 teams was not his sole contribution and you can watch our replays and see for yourself.

I also find this, coming from a player that is actually dead weight tier, pretty entertaining and ironic.
24 Jun 2018, 19:29 PM

Yes please emplacements are dogshit.
24 Jun 2018, 20:16 PM

The lack of snare does make playing Brits hard. But:

1. AEC - can be teched super fast and counters all axis lights (except puma, where is is on equal footing) giving brits an early game advantage. They also have the bren which gives a decent early game advantage. Kubel can't compare :'(

2. Best AT gun in the game.

3. Cheap tech so usually get tanks out first to further cement aforementioned early game advantage.

4. Strong inf that beat all Axis t0 t1 infantry.

I get that a snare might be preferable to these advantages. Especially every time I play sovs and get chased off field by idiots with clown cars for 4-5 minutes. But I'm told "get atg lol". So Brit players get atg eh.

Plus it's not like PIV can crush like a Cromwell
24 Jun 2018, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2018, 11:13 AMKatitof

I'm quite positive that if I was as much of a dead weight as you're trying to make me out to be, he wouldn't be playing with me.

Believe me, beating top 10 teams was not his sole contribution and you can watch our replays and see for yourself.

I also find this, coming from a player that is actually dead weight tier, pretty entertaining and ironic.

I never said I wasn't dead weight tier. I'm a casual player that discusses balance. You have a total of 589 games and 10390 troll posts. The only rank you hold is in 2v2s with Zarok. It looks like you spend way more time troll posting than playing the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★