Login

russian armor

worst patches in coh2 history

10 Jun 2018, 12:44 PM

So whats the worst patches in the history of the game according to you?

As someone who played since the beta i would probly say the worst one was the sherman autofire patch/bug

For you young kids who dose not know when they realesed the patton tank commander thiere was bug that if you used its ability to incress the firepower of vechiels and inf the shermans could get SUPER range and machinegun fire on its main gun
10 Jun 2018, 12:57 PM

So whats the worst patches in the history of the game according to you?

As someone who played since the beta i would probly say the worst one was the sherman autofire patch/bug

For you young kids who dose not know when they realesed the patton tank commander thiere was bug that if you used its ability to incress the firepower of vechiels and inf the shermans could get SUPER range and machinegun fire on its main gun

The worst patch of all time was when the British faction was introduced. It was so rediculously overpowered that it completly ruined the game.
10 Jun 2018, 13:06 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Soviet Windustry and the Tiger Ace were among the worst
10 Jun 2018, 13:19 PM
Patrion 310

Soviet Windustry and the Tiger Ace were among the worst

Agreed. Super fast T-70s and the original Tiger ace were silly.

I'd have to give a close #2 to WFA, simply because the game was actually in a decent state balance wise until they were introduced :(
10 Jun 2018, 13:32 PM
Donator 11

Nothing will ever beat that one December where the LEIG got suppression and the KT could hit the field in 9 minutes
10 Jun 2018, 13:49 PM

The patch when I first bought coh2.
Terminator T-70 and the T-70 train
Super stuart
10 Jun 2018, 13:56 PM

That one patch that broke the Rear Echelon so they could be reinforced indefinitly and resulted in being able to have like 50-men squads running around.
10 Jun 2018, 14:17 PM
Donator 11

March 2014. Good dope days as OST
10 Jun 2018, 14:26 PM

The most game changing patch was WFA. All the design decisions from the start of the game were thrown out from effective ranges to the balance of durability and firepower and utility. Then obviously the brit. "what happens if we take the golden standard for a balanced faction, take away their snare and just buff the ever loving fuck out of literally everything else?"
10 Jun 2018, 15:52 PM

The sound bug patch was amazing, that thing took about 10 years off my life.
10 Jun 2018, 16:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

WFA release.

Rear Echelons instantly suppressing everything and OKW free truck running over and wiping squads. Wow that was fun.
10 Jun 2018, 17:01 PM

def. the british faction, where:
- bofors and centaur insta kill every squad
- call ins destroy all OKW bases
- super duper commandos
- fire-church with the HUGE amount of HP and armor from the church
- IS squad which kill everything...
10 Jun 2018, 17:43 PM

LEIG Octoberfest was fun ... well, at least for me
10 Jun 2018, 17:45 PM

Common guys.... 1000 rpm sherman obv.
10 Jun 2018, 18:21 PM

Common guys.... 1000 rpm sherman obv.

That. That was fantastically bad. But at least that was a bug and not a balance decision
11 Jun 2018, 04:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 14:17 PMjesulin
March 2014. Good dope days as OST

For anyone who doesn't know, Grens had passive suppression and Pios were owning everything.

That. That was fantastically bad. But at least that was a bug and not a balance decision

Basically this. In that case, superman bug was even worst, because it didn't require a commander and it arrived faster.
People complaining about specific bugs, fail to see that it was the exception, not the norm. META defining balance decisions, commanders releases, all those kind of things went on for either few weeks or months.

TOP 5: worst patches on CoH2

1-Tiger Ace and Windustry Meta: 1v1 and closely 2v2 suffered the most out of it. Worst i win button this game ever released. Unless you were lucky that your opponent was braindead and didn't had sweepers or you had RNG on your side and several T34s to ram, you lost the moment he managed to call it.

2-WFA release: the vcoh2 was on a basically "almost perfect" situation, at least 2v2, because they finally nerfed both ISU and Elephant so you actually had more options to play around. But what come after that was even worst. OH was dead on 1v1 due to USF snowballing RET(instapin)/Rifles > M20 > Sherman and teamgames was completely stupid with 2-3-4x OKW. Kubeljesus, MG34 (stronger than MG42), KT, Volks blobs. Notable mention also to Rifle I WIN company.

3-UKF release: it's like WFA release all over again except this time they didn't screw 1v1 as much but completely turn around the teamgames situation (swapping ridiculous Axis win ration with Allies) with a similar or much more cancerous style of play. It was like OKW at release but this time they had utterly bonkers offmaps.

I'll make a brief pause to say anyone complaining about UKF but not WFA, basically only plays a single faction and mode.

4-CoH2 Release. Paper guns, mega suppression, T70 with crush, vet 2 flamer KV8 HT, pin strafes runs, etc. At least it felt that you were playing OP against OP stuff.

5-I'm wondering which was worst: ISG/Pack Howitzer with suppression - Double damage Katyushas/Panzerwerfers - March 2014 I win OH madness.

11 Jun 2018, 06:11 AM

IMO one of the worst patches was when the 81mm USF mortar was introduced. The community had tested a smaller 60mm mortar for USF for the entire balance preview and tested it nonstop until it was in a spot where it would be that garrison counter for USF. Last minute relic decides to put in the 81mm in which its horrendously broken and became a must build all the time since it wiped models like crazy.

While its not the worst patch or version of the game by far, the fact relic decided to switch something that was tested and perfectly fine in the balance preview with something that ended up being horrible OP was extremely annoying and kind of insulting.
11 Jun 2018, 07:04 AM

4-CoH2 Release. Paper guns, mega suppression, T70 with crush, vet 2 flamer KV8 HT, pin strafes runs, etc. At least it felt that you were playing OP against OP stuff.

Good Old Times haha. You could build 3MGs and 3 Mortars and Prypjat mid sector felt like hell on earth.
OH HOW I MISS THIS MAP IN AUTOMATCH.
11 Jun 2018, 09:06 AM

the reintroduction of the mortar pit

That abomination from coh1 that nobody wanted still everybody got
11 Jun 2018, 09:44 AM

That's a really hard question cuz there is so much shit patches to choose from. (Not the community patches tho, overall they were awesome IMO)

I would say the one where Mobile Assault and Advanced emplacement regiment got added. Not only that both doctrines were beyond broken and OP (5 CP land matress destroying an OKW HQ in 1 barrage; free counter barrage vs mortars that attempted to destroy the almost unkillable emplacements), but it also removed veterancy from all units, caused the 100-man RE squad and 5x schreck /4x sweeper etc. bug on all squads after reinforcing.
And it bugged out the automatch map-pool as well. IIRC every 1v1 was played on Stalingrad, every 2v2 on Kharkov, every 3v3 on Rzhev Summer and every 4v4 on Steppes. No matter what maps you vetoed.

And it was during ESL as well :bananadance:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS