Login

russian armor

Fix Penals

8 Jun 2018, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 14:00 PMLago

They don't.

So Penals don't win against Volks,Grens,Pzfusileir with G 43 upgrade?

8 Jun 2018, 16:30 PM

So Penals don't win against Volks,Grens,Pzfusileir with G 43 upgrade?

I've seen your gameplay. You don't blob and you appear to understand positioning so you should know the game doesn't work like that.

This isn't a game of Squad A beats Squad B. It's a game of Squad A beats Squad B under certain conditions.

If you take a midrange coverfight against a Penal Battalion with a Volksgrenadier squad you're going to lose so don't take that fight.

Take a long-range fight where they'd have to drop models closing it, either giving you the advantage or inflicting asymmetrical manpower bleed. Bring in a second squad. Spend munitions on a flamenade. Restrict their maneuvering with a machine gun. Avoid direct confrontation when possible and simply outcap them, leading to a faster light vehicle.

And if you can't do any of that, retreat. Come back with more squads.
8 Jun 2018, 16:38 PM

Dont fix what aint broken.

Penals are fine at the moment. They are far from unbeatable. If you get caught with the at satchel or the normal satchal, its mostly on you. You were basicly sleeping.
Those abilities barely score any kills because of their range and very long timer.

Grens volks obers can all upgrade for better at long range. Penals cant, try to keep your distance. Penals lost sprint you know.
8 Jun 2018, 16:49 PM

My only problem with Penal Troops is the assumption that criminals, deserters and other such miscreants who are assigned to varitable suicide platoons are given the best weapons available for some reason....

I’d change the name to Shock Guards, but keep the unit the same, change the name of regular Guards to Heavy Guards, and rework Penal Troops to be a doctrine specific unit that you gain via the rapid conscription ability instead of conscripts. The new Penal Troops would have two PPSh-41s and four Mosin nagant rifles with a sachel charge throw ability. And for bonus fun, they do not receive any buffs to veterancy, instead they trade one Mosin Nagsnt rifle for another PPSh per star of veterancy. That way they remain squishy and take high casualties, but can end up with 5 PPShs at vet 3. Merge ability maybe, but maybe not.
8 Jun 2018, 21:19 PM

The problem is not being flanked, the prob is, that a blob of penals can run direct into an mg and bring it down, as long as there is any yellow cover, no matter if mg itself is having green cover.

Well, that all would be fine, because they are expensive, but I want to have something in my toolbox, that would stop that no brainer a- moving blobb.

Putting 1 hmg by itself is just as brainless as blobbing. Hmgs have a longer range than infantry for a reason, but they can’t self-spot to the maximum of that range. All you need to do to solve that problem is have literally any infantry squad in front of it. Besides the obvious advantage of having more men in front of your machine gunner, you can actually take advantage of the increased range. It baffles me how many players (regardless of faction) just stick an hmg by itself and expect it to hardcounter all infantry that walks in front of it. At that point it’s just a question of who throws more raw power at each other if you’re both playing that brainlessly and the blob will obviously win because it’s like 900 manpower vs. 280. It’s stupid, it’s cheesy, but frankly, so is leaving an hmg by itself. I don’t mean to be insulting and I’m sorry for phrasing it that way but that’s what it is.
8 Jun 2018, 21:36 PM

My only problem with Penal Troops is the assumption that criminals, deserters and other such miscreants who are assigned to varitable suicide platoons are given the best weapons available for some reason....

I’d change the name to Shock Guards, but keep the unit the same, change the name of regular Guards to Heavy Guards, and rework Penal Troops to be a doctrine specific unit that you gain via the rapid conscription ability instead of conscripts. The new Penal Troops would have two PPSh-41s and four Mosin nagant rifles with a sachel charge throw ability. And for bonus fun, they do not receive any buffs to veterancy, instead they trade one Mosin Nagsnt rifle for another PPSh per star of veterancy. That way they remain squishy and take high casualties, but can end up with 5 PPShs at vet 3. Merge ability maybe, but maybe not.

nice :thumb:
8 Jun 2018, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 22:13 PMGrim

It's almost like he has a preferred faction. I haven't deduced which one it is yet....but fear not. I shall gather the greatest minds this world has to offer and solve this damnable riddle

Yes indeed I have one.For allies it is Soviet and for Axis it is OST
9 Jun 2018, 18:02 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I had to invis a couple of posts. Please keep this discussion civilised.
9 Jun 2018, 18:35 PM

I had to invis a couple of posts. Please keep this discussion civilised.
Thanks for clearing the toxic
9 Jun 2018, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 22:13 PMGrim
I'm beginning to see a trend-a pattern if you will-in the theme of Mr.Matrix's posts.

It's almost like he has a preferred faction. I haven't deduced which one it is yet....but fear not. I shall gather the greatest minds this world has to offer and solve this damnable riddle!

Because you, dear readers, deserve to know the truth! Could Mr.Matrix be ever so slightly biased? Tune in next time and find out.

Brought to you by the allied only player who thinks coh2.org is filled with hardcore nazi's.

Fanboy TV: Nobody wins.
10 Jun 2018, 07:24 AM

Putting 1 hmg by itself is just as brainless as blobbing. Hmgs have a longer range than infantry for a reason, but they can’t self-spot to the maximum of that range. All you need to do to solve that problem is have literally any infantry squad in front of it. Besides the obvious advantage of having more men in front of your machine gunner, you can actually take advantage of the increased range. It baffles me how many players (regardless of faction) just stick an hmg by itself and expect it to hardcounter all infantry that walks in front of it. At that point it’s just a question of who throws more raw power at each other if you’re both playing that brainlessly and the blob will obviously win because it’s like 900 manpower vs. 280. It’s stupid, it’s cheesy, but frankly, so is leaving an hmg by itself. I don’t mean to be insulting and I’m sorry for phrasing it that way but that’s what it is.

That whats an mg is made for, dude - crowd control! And I hope you think too, that moving a blob is a no brainer and should be punished. Mgs should always have to be flanked by infantry.

Game is designed to outplay enemy, therefore cant't see a useful comment in your reply.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★