Login

russian armor

Does 4vs4 deserve more attention from relic? (CoH3?)

1 Jun 2018, 10:26 AM

Random mates wouldn't be a problem since playerbase increase. Considering 4v4 as the main mode can do that 4x faster. But it won't happen, because pride and glory of teh cummunity are 1v1 top50 elitists, and there's no reason to change this.
1 Jun 2018, 12:17 PM

as someone said, 4v4 is hard to balance without limiting resource float and pop cap of some units.
4 Jun 2018, 15:59 PM

We should leave 4 v 4 as it is because everyone has enjoyed this game mode for over 5 years. Any changes to the resources and popcap will upset the 4 v 4 crowd more. The only solution at this point of this game's life is to update the maps and make them more "balanced".
4 Jun 2018, 16:50 PM

I have to admit that my favorite map was and still is and will most likely always remain Steppes. The games and fun I had on that map are some of the most fond memories I have of Coh2.

A close second would be rostov. Although most people hated that map, the memories of hearing tigers or is2s cross the frozen lakes during a blizzard in the fog of war and shooting your howitzers or mortars at it was quite an experience.
4 Jun 2018, 17:16 PM

1vs1 is for nerds without friends, 4vs4 is life
beer,ts,friends my best weekends
if u ask me coh3 should be 4vs4 only and u will never be lonely
5 Jun 2018, 13:11 PM

4v4 playerbase is actually quite big in comparison to other game modes.
We could crowdfund mapmakers to create some brand new flashy 4v4 maps.
5 Jun 2018, 14:10 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

4v4 playerbase is actually quite big in comparison to other game modes.
We could crowdfund mapmakers to create some brand new flashy 4v4 maps.

Well.
Crowdfunding mapmakers wont help because u need Relic to import the maps into the rotation ;)
So you should talk to Relic first.
5 Jun 2018, 14:40 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I am willing to get a new 4vs4 map into automatch. Tho I guess there is no really good there already or?
And creating a new 4vs4 maps cost alot of time and testing, which is another problem.
5 Jun 2018, 15:25 PM

I am willing to get a new 4vs4 map into automatch. Tho I guess there is no really good there already or?
And creating a new 4vs4 maps cost alot of time and testing, which is another problem.

Have a contest and they will come...

on another note, does SiphonX have stats on how much the new 2v2 maps are being played?
5 Jun 2018, 15:45 PM

Bring back City 17 lol...Not sure why it was deleted. Yes it´s unbalanced but so many maps are and no one deletes them.
5 Jun 2018, 15:45 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Have a contest and they will come...

on another note, does SiphonX have stats on how much the new 2v2 maps are being played?

Hell no.

2vs2 mapcontest was already crazy. Now think to get 8 players to test the map xD and then in base case with equal skill...

But you can look for something other from me in short future :)

5 Jun 2018, 16:10 PM

Maybe we could have a simple yes/no vote on old maps that have been removed to see if players want some back again. Im not sure how to set one up myself.
5 Jun 2018, 17:11 PM

Hell no.

2vs2 mapcontest was already crazy. Now think to get 8 players to test the map xD and then in base case with equal skill...

But you can look for something other from me in short future :)

The map contest is the only valid method. Anything else is just a popularity contest behind closed doors. But I agree getting 8 decent players to play several maps multiple times will be a challenge.

But as I stated before 4v4 maps are easy to balance since ALL action takes place around the Fuels/VPs. No one has ever even seen the SouthWest or NorthEast parts of Redball Express. I guarantee it.

EDIT: And the only thing that made the 2v2 map contest crazy was the fact Relic ran into issues in the middle of the contest. When Tric ran the 1v1 contest (by himself I might add) it ran perfectly. Every week maps were updated and tested. I do not see a 4v4 version being a problem, as long as Relic has minimal involvement. Getting good players together will be hard, especially since most of you guys do not even play anymore (looking at you Sturmpanther).
5 Jun 2018, 19:03 PM

What about Montargis Region? That was a pretty fun map in CoH1. Maybe experiment with a different resource layout like mirrored strategic/muni/fuel points so one team doesn't get the majority of resource income by holding only just a portion more of the map anymore.
5 Jun 2018, 20:55 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

What about Montargis Region? That was a pretty fun map in CoH1. Maybe experiment with a different resource layout like mirrored strategic/muni/fuel points so one team doesn't get the majority of resource income by holding only just a portion more of the map anymore.

Basing on my Montargis games i would say that the map is too big for CoH 2.
Perhaps another ress layout would help but i think the map would need more adjustments.
5 Jun 2018, 20:58 PM

Talk what you want.

But teamgames are mostly used to conceal that you suck

Also you can blame teammates if you lose.

That's the reason why 4v4 and this DoTA and LoL shit is so popular
5 Jun 2018, 22:11 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hmm then it would need to have a full rework. Because the coh2 version was cancer as fuck.
5 Jun 2018, 22:23 PM

Talk what you want.

But teamgames are mostly used to conceal that you suck

Also you can blame teammates if you lose.

That's the reason why 4v4 and this DoTA and LoL shit is so popular

Thank you for your clear and unbiased opinion of a game mode you probably never play :sibToxic:

1v1 is the most boring game mode of all time. You know within the first two engagements who will win the game. You never know who will a 4v4 until it is over:luvCarrot:.

EXAMPLES OF 1v1 SKILL:
- Oh, I went left and should have went right..GG
- Oh, I got in this building and didn't know penals were on the other side, satchel...GG
- Oh, I did not guess what commander my opponent would have, I now have zero chance of winning.
- RNG decided none of my mortars, arty, or tank shots will hit..GG

Yeah, lets focus all of our attention on 1v1, and totally forget the only FUN game mode in our game. Which you know...people pay for so they can have fun. This guys great:clap:
5 Jun 2018, 22:38 PM

It is simple:

You have to make sure that the 4vs4 games are fun and semi-balanced for the game to grow.

Whatever you call it, a noob mode is a must for the game to function. It is the only way for the friends and community to actually pull outside players and friends, nobody joins the CoH2 scene for 1vs1 competitive experience from the start.

Without the noob/casual mode, the CoH3 community will be made from Coh2 veterans and a small number of new players.

And many players, evidently by the player stats, prefer the chaos, lower skill requirements and unit spam of the 4vs4 mode, even with the shitty matchmaking, balance patches never tested for 4vs4 and input delay.

5 Jun 2018, 22:47 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

It is simple:

You have to make sure that the 4vs4 games are fun and semi-balanced for the game to grow.

Whatever you call it, a noob mode is a must for the game to function. It is the only way for the friends and community to actually pull outside players and friends, nobody joins the CoH2 scene for 1vs1 competitive experience from the start.

Without the noob/casual mode, the CoH3 community will be made from Coh2 veterans and a small number of new players.

And many players, evidently by the player stats, prefer the chaos, lower skill requirements and unit spam of the 4vs4 mode, even with the shitty matchmaking, balance patches never tested for 4vs4 and input delay.

That is not full true.
FBP aka now in DBP alot of changes were for teamgames!
Ele, JT changes are nonsense in 1vs1. For example.
Same to walking stuka etc
Yes its true 1vs1 has always the head on top for patches, but as long I live i fought and will fight for teamgame balance too :P

And yes Relic knows that 4vs4 has the most playerbase i guess atm.
In past it was 2vs2.
So 4vs4 >2vs2 > 1vs1, > 3vs3 i guess atm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★