Login

russian armor

idea about fallschirmjager

7 May 2018, 12:58 PM

i think his fg42 should be upgraded. not given for free. to give opposing player to react to the fallschirm. i think he should be like a airbone to choose his weapon. or make him as a half squad when he drop like a infliation commando.
7 May 2018, 13:06 PM

They do not Infiltrate anymore and are very squishy while landing.
The landing is also kind of obvious and lasts for couple of seconds, giving you plenty of time to react.
7 May 2018, 13:25 PM

yeah no...why nerf falls when they are perfectly balanced right now?

???
???
???
7 May 2018, 13:35 PM

yeah no...why nerf falls when they are perfectly balanced right now?

???
???
???

i think it replaces vetran volks quit n easy when volks is dead in 1v1 with no disadvantage.
strumtrooper. aitbone : have to upgrade
infliate commando : reduced size. limited spot to call in
commando : it's a kinda close combat unit
i excepted partisans cuz nobody uses
7 May 2018, 13:43 PM

Yeah but equipped paratroopers are way better than Falls. So it's a bad comparison IMO.
7 May 2018, 13:47 PM

Making them not infiltrate from buildings actually made them worse, since before they could infiltrate and then pop right back into the building making them a nightmare at cutoffs for example.
7 May 2018, 13:56 PM

Yeah but equipped paratroopers are way better than Falls. So it's a bad comparison IMO.

my point is not unit comparasion. falls replace volks completely(nadea.at) n can be used in combat direct.
if we see at your point. stormtroopers is the best. but he doesnt used in public due to his lack of at n have to upgrade his weapon
7 May 2018, 13:56 PM

i think his fg42 should be upgraded. not given for free. to give opposing player to react to the fallschirm. i think he should be like a airbone to choose his weapon. or make him as a half squad when he drop like a infliation commando.

Better upgrate your ebalo
7 May 2018, 14:31 PM

Falls are fine - they still cost 400 MP so to say they "easily" replace Volks isn't quite true. If you want to nerf Falls by forcing upgrade then you'd have to reduce price in order to balance it or nobody would use them (and then they'd be on a closer price to Volks and WOULD be easy to replace them with).
7 May 2018, 14:38 PM

i think it replaces vetran volks quit n easy when volks is dead in 1v1 with no disadvantage.
strumtrooper. aitbone : have to upgrade
infliate commando : reduced size. limited spot to call in
commando : it's a kinda close combat unit
i excepted partisans cuz nobody uses

Volks are mainline infantry.

Falls are flanking infantry.

Falls are expensive to call in, reinforce and maintain. They are also fragile, so they require areas where they aren't the focus of enemy DPS. Comparatively, 5-man Volks are cheaper to create and reinforce while being a chunky 5-man squad and have good AI DPS with the STG upgrade.

Think of Falls as uh... Sturmpios with long-med range DPS, grenades and a vehicle snare. Will win 1v1s with anything it catches unaware, but dies quick to reaction/focus fire.

Before that, there's a loud audio cue and a plane on the map that signals falls getting dropped. If drop placement is done poorly, they die before landing because they're unable to retreat until after all members have dropped, so a random machinegun on a key area behind the frontline will rip them to shreds.

I wouldn't want to use them as frontline infantry. Obers would have better DPS outside short range and are survivable without being locked behind a doctrine.

Remember, the squad costs 400MP, so their performance should reflect that. I don't think making FGs are upgrade is necessary.
7 May 2018, 14:52 PM

my point is not unit comparasion. falls replace volks completely(nadea.at) n can be used in combat direct.
if we see at your point. stormtroopers is the best. but he doesnt used in public due to his lack of at n have to upgrade his weapon

In which game mode and at what kind of skill level?

Because its most certainly not 1v1 or 2v2 above top 300, therefore an issue of L2P, not balance.
7 May 2018, 14:59 PM

In which game mode and at what kind of skill level?

Because its most certainly not 1v1 or 2v2 above top 300, therefore an issue of L2P, not balance.

could you tell me again what you are saying? i dont get what you are talking about. i m bad at english.
n i linked my leaderboard tho.
7 May 2018, 15:21 PM

could you tell me again what you are saying? i dont get what you are talking about. i m bad at english.
n i linked my leaderboard tho.

You're claiming falls are replacing volks as mainline in late game - I do not see that as a possibility due to their call-in and upkeep costs together with relative fragility and high reinforce cost.

You are talking about fixing an issue that does not exist.
7 May 2018, 15:37 PM

You're claiming falls are replacing volks as mainline in late game - I do not see that as a possibility due to their call-in and upkeep costs together with relative fragility and high reinforce cost.

You are talking about fixing an issue that does not exist.
not only in the late game. when volks get wiped in early mid game. can call in as soon as his mp can do. n completely replace the mainline inf volks.(1) can be go in the battle as soon as it made (2) these two are the main points.
n about fragility. it is yes about model number. but i know that falls have a good evasion rate even at 0vet. +reinforce cost be relative according to the play style tho. (1)get good cover. (2)retreat before model drop. (3)fight from long distance.
to sum what. yeah falls reinforcement is expensive 36 n needs 108 one to full squad but he can fight from long range n thats what he mainly does. get good cover n hide n shoot from far. so you can reduce the mp bleed. but see the rifles 28 for reinforcement(cheap?) and needs 112 one to full(???) and he have to hug the enemies in many situation to deal with.
+ dont forget how airbone costs
7 May 2018, 18:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Pretty sure this idea was tried for FBP? The unit was basically garbage till they got their upgrades and not worth getting at all. So they changed it back to spawning with FG42s
7 May 2018, 19:22 PM

Falls are a glass cannon which while frustrating when they do get wiped or quickly being shredded they do great as supporting elite infantry. Staying behind Volksgrenadiers screens, ambushing, flanking, etc. basically they have to be used in a manner that is in a combined arms approach. doesn't mean they can solo certain units but that is wasteful given how much they cost to reinforce and the fact they are a squad that relies on squad members to deal damage with.
8 May 2018, 01:43 AM

the doctrine as a whole feel really weak.

Allies airborne are way better. US Airborne are elite line infantry while the commandos are basically ninjas.

Fallshirmjagger feels like a poor compromise between the two.
8 May 2018, 02:15 AM

the doctrine as a whole feel really weak.

Allies airborne are way better. US Airborne are elite line infantry while the commandos are basically ninjas.

Fallshirmjagger feels like a poor compromise between the two.

Paras and commandos have to be borderline OP to have any chance of being picked over rifles or tommys. They cant have fancy exclusive AT like guards because literally every squad they field can have AT (including the free squads like officers to vehicle crews) and both have a dirt cheap and highly effecient unit that can sling AT so that whole branch is a no go but ALSO the same problem for AI. Both are large squads because why pick a squishier sqaud than my already trounce the hell out of the enemy 5 man squads?

And iirc commandos have a silly low RA because tommys and sappers already have the same target size as panzer grens

Okw has non doc obers (of whom falls are arguably better because of camo and FG42s) and volks to 1 up which is a much lower bar to beat than rifles or tommys.
8 May 2018, 07:40 AM

falls are to weak when you compare it with other elite infantery...and look at their price tag and reinfroce cost...they get arenet class canon...their dps is not that high.
8 May 2018, 08:22 AM

falls are to weak when you compare it with other elite infantery...and look at their price tag and reinfroce cost...they get arenet class canon...their dps is not that high.

They can camo and are good at all ranges, get a bundled nade, poison smoke at vet 1, self heal at vet 3. They are definitely elite. Like infiltration commandos without the range restriction allowing them to be assault support as well as an ambush unit. Their vet is a bit meh (2 target size followed by 2 accuracy buffs, those could be spread out for a bit more smooth performance increases.

Ambushing panzer grens on steroids i guess? Idk what you want from them...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★