Login

russian armor

New official patch for summer

1 Apr 2018, 11:03 AM

I´v just had a look at the official forums and... it looks like they have one last balance patch up their sleeves. This one appears to be focused on support weapons. As you can see, there arent that many changes so far, but they are probably gonna add something new, until the release. I will copy and paste the notes here:

Snipers

Soviet Scout Sniper- we felt that the risk of relying on this unit against Ostheer was too high for the reward and the sniper team was too vulnerable to countersnipes by the incendiery round.
-Soviet Scout Sniper is now a three model squad

Ostheer Sniper- as proved by many recent replays, this unit lacks enough DPS to cause effective manpower bleed to USF and UKF opponents. Therefore its offensive capabilities are being improved.
-Rate of fire now increased by 1.5
-Incendiery shot is now available from the start, Vet1 provides additional RoF increase

UKF AT Sniper- Previous patches have made this unit too easy to counter by light vehicles. AT potential is being improved.
-Snare shot is now available from the start. Vet1 increases anti-vehicle damage and penetration.

Machine Guns

MG42, MG34, Vickers -Lack of reliability of these units caused by their vulnerability to flanking has made mainline infantries too dominant. Therefore we are improving their skills at covering larger areas
-Cone of fire now increased to 180 degrees.
-Range increased by +10

Mortars

Ostheer mortar -This unit appears to demand too much micro from the player. Its survival-ability and offensive capabilities are being improved
-Rate of Fire increased by 1.5.
-Range increased by +15
-Accuracy increased by 1.5
-Now automaticaly retreats when under 50% of health.

More changes are to be discused and added to the list soon.
1 Apr 2018, 11:16 AM

edit: nevermind, another salt thread
1 Apr 2018, 12:14 PM

1 Apr 2018, 12:27 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

edit: nevermind, another salt thread

Or just a bad April's Fool joke
1 Apr 2018, 12:29 PM

Or just a bad April's Fool joke

1 Apr 2018, 12:51 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

You mean like a salt thread disguised as an April's Fool joke? Yeah that seems about right :D
1 Apr 2018, 16:37 PM

3 man Soviet sniper teams gave this up as an April 1st joke.
1 Apr 2018, 17:16 PM

I know it's 1st of April, but this thread still hurt.
1 Apr 2018, 18:14 PM

Company of Heroes is in such a bad position and desolation that there are no traditional
1 April jokes about the new commanders, which caused a lot of talk and emotions.
2 Apr 2018, 01:26 AM

Company of Heroes is in such a bad position and desolation that there are no traditional
1 April jokes about the new commanders, which caused a lot of talk and emotions.

Oh look its the Japanese faction :)
2 Apr 2018, 06:15 AM

Just claim there is another community patch coming.
lmfao.
2 Apr 2018, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Where or how can I suggest more changes in the upcoming balance patch?

My balance ideas:
1. Caches cost 200 manpower if there are no other owned caches on the map, else, 250 manpower (middle ground between pre and post patch).
2. USF M5A1 Halftrack cost reduced to 270 manpower and 30 fuel. Matches with halftracks of other allied factions.
3. Katyusha, Panzerwerfer, and Walking Stuka health increased to 200.
4. Sturmpioneers no longer get access to panzerchreck upgrade until any HQ is set up (December change reverted).
5. ISU-152 awareness ability is replaced with forward sight focus, available at veterancy 1.
6. M36 Jackson health decreased to 560 but cost decreased to 380 manpower and 130 fuel (middle ground between pre and post patch). The unit returns to anti-armor support role but isn't as fragile as before.
7. All Churchill variants receive a 10% bonus to repair rate from engineers or abilities to compensate for their high hp. No need to be op in repairs, just allow it to return to the fight in mint conditions slightly earlier.
8. Ostheer Panzer IV Medium Tank fuel cost increased to 125 (December change reverted).
9. Kubelwagens now take extra damage from mines so one soviet mine or its counterparts can now one shot them.
10. USF Riflemen can now lay sandbags at all times, defensive operations ability no longer required. Instead, for defensive operations, rear echelon troops can lay mines that rifleman can deploy.
11. Soviet Penal Battalions can either equip themselves with 2x anti-tank rifles or one flamethrower. Both upgrades are mutually exclusive. The flamethrower upgrade requires either a support weapons kampaneya or a tankoviy battalion command.
12. M26 Pershing gains self-repair ability at veterancy 1 (replaces improved acceleration). This ability costs 60 munitions but slowly repairs the heavy tank over 15 seconds, disabling its weapons (but not movement) during the process. Resembles that self-repair ability the T-70 light tank it used to have. This is to compensate for the Pershing's lack of disembarkable crew.
Other ideas:
Change in information:
Sturmpioneers: Effective at close range. (added before other info)
Churchill: Effective against all targets. Weak vs. heavy tanks.
Kubelwagen: Fast and good at capturing territory. Weak armor.
Panzer II Luchs Light Tank: Effective against infantry and light vehicles. Weak vs. Tanks.
Comet Tank: Effective against infantry and armor. Weak vs. Anti-Tank guns.
Cromwell: Effective against all targets. Weak vs. Anti-Tank, assault guns.

AI changes:
British Infantry sections may construct caches on owned territory points.
OKW Volksgrenadiers may use incendiary grenades on clustered infantry or infantry in trenches or structures.
Ostheer Grenadiers may use rifle grenades against infantry in trenches or structures.
OKW Obersoldaten and Jaeger Light Infantry may booby trap owned territory points when not in combat.
2 Apr 2018, 21:53 PM

Where or how can I suggest more changes in the upcoming balance patch?

My balance ideas:
1. Caches cost 200 manpower if there are no other owned caches on the map, else, 250 manpower (middle ground between pre and post patch).
2. USF M5A1 Halftrack cost reduced to 270 manpower and 30 fuel.
3. Katyusha, Panzerwerfer, and Walking Stuka health increased to 240.
4. Sturmpioneers no longer get access to panzerchreck upgrade until any HQ is set up (December change reverted).
5. ISU-152 awareness ability is replaced with forward sight focus, available at veterancy 1.
6. M36 Jackson health decreased to 560 but cost decreased to 380 manpower and 130 fuel (middle ground between pre and post patch). The unit returns to anti-armor support role but isn't as fragile as before.
7. All Churchill variants receive a bonus to repair rate from engineers or abilities to compensate for their high hp.
8. Ostheer Panzer IV Medium Tank fuel cost increased to 125 (December change reverted).
9. Kubelwagens now take extra damage from mines so one soviet mine or its counterparts can now one shot them.
10. USF Riflemen can now lay sandbags at all times, defensive operations ability no longer required. Instead, for defensive operations, rear echelon troops can help riflemen build fighting positions more quickly.
11. Soviet Penal Battalions can either equip themselves with 2x anti-tank rifles or one flamethrower. Both upgrades are mutually exclusive. The flamethrower upgrade requires either a support weapons kampaneya or a tankoviy battalion command.
12. M26 Pershing gains self-repair ability at veterancy 1 (replaces improved acceleration). This ability costs 60 munitions but slowly repairs the heavy tank over 15 seconds, disabling its weapons (but not movement) during the process. Resembles that self-repair ability the T-70 light tank it used to have. This is to compensate for the Pershing's lack of disembarkable crew.
Other ideas:
Change in information:
Sturmpioneers: Effective at close range. (added before other info)
Churchill: Effective against all targets. Weak vs. heavy tanks.
Kubelwagen: Fast and good at capturing territory. Weak armor.
Panzer II Luchs Light Tank: Effective against infantry and light vehicles. Weak vs. Tanks.
Comet Tank: Effective against infantry and armor. Weak vs. Anti-Tank guns.
Cromwell: Effective against all targets. Weak vs. Anti-Tank, assault guns.

AI changes:
British Infantry sections may construct caches on owned territory points.
OKW Volksgrenadiers may use incendiary grenades on clustered infantry or infantry in trenches or structures.
Ostheer Grenadiers may use rifle grenades against infantry in trenches or structures.
OKW Obersoldaten and Jaeger Light Infantry may booby trap owned territory points when not in combat.

Eh, i think you might wanna post this into a different thread, (or make your own) like for example some thread which wasnt made on THAT day...
Unless you arent being serious either...
2 Apr 2018, 23:43 PM

The game is dead anyways, sometimes is better to just bury the dead and forget about them. The balance has become worse and worse with every patch, I remember a brief time where it was actually fun to play - just before the stupid Brits were introduced. From then on, it went downhill.
3 Apr 2018, 11:17 AM

The game is dead anyways, sometimes is better to just bury the dead and forget about them. The balance has become worse and worse with every patch, I remember a brief time where it was actually fun to play - just before the stupid Brits were introduced. From then on, it went downhill.

What do you base that on, that it has become worse and worse? Your personal experience or actual statistics?
3 Apr 2018, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned

I agree 1000%. The game is quite dead. Making the game free was supposed to attract more players but it ultimately failed to keep any sustained interest from the new players. The balance is all over the place and the balance team seems to simply do whatever they want to do. Quite a few nerfs were uncalled for such as the Ost sniper stun nerf, flame HT nerf, KT nerf, excessive luchs and pfusiliers nerf. Nobody asked for a Ost sniper, flame HT or KT nerf. Brit and Ost snipers are fairly crap and only the SU sniper is good due to its durability since the second man more than makes up for lower RoF, flame HT was already nerfed several times, KT easy gets countered by any 2 sources of AT (you can afford 3 allied heavy TDs for the price and tech cost for a KT.) Both Axis factions are one trick ponies. Easily predictable.
4 Apr 2018, 13:00 PM

I agree 1000%. The game is quite dead. Making the game free was supposed to attract more players but it ultimately failed to keep any sustained interest from the new players. The balance is all over the place and the balance team seems to simply do whatever they want to do. Quite a few nerfs were uncalled for such as the Ost sniper stun nerf, flame HT nerf, KT nerf, excessive luchs and pfusiliers nerf. Nobody asked for a Ost sniper, flame HT or KT nerf. Brit and Ost snipers are fairly crap and only the SU sniper is good due to its durability since the second man more than makes up for lower RoF, flame HT was already nerfed several times, KT easy gets countered by any 2 sources of AT (you can afford 3 allied heavy TDs for the price and tech cost for a KT.) Both Axis factions are one trick ponies. Easily predictable.

CoH2 - dead, I agree. If developers will release an editor for modding with the ability to add their own models, it would be very cool. But they are unlikely to do this, they refused to release the expanded tools for DoW3. Refusal to release expanded tools is one of the elements of the developer's greed: less development and support from the community, more lutboks and taking a double price for one product.
4 Apr 2018, 16:58 PM

Why are you guys even still posting if the game is completely dead?
4 Apr 2018, 17:28 PM

Why are you guys even still posting if the game is completely dead?

I go to the forum now very rarely and don't play the game because it's really dead, but I like this game and I'll hurry up here hoping for good news.
4 Apr 2018, 17:37 PM

I go to the forum now very rarely and don't play the game because it's really dead, but I like this game and I'll hurry up here hoping for good news.

So long as someone, somewhere, somehow... holds a little love for this game...
Then, the game is never truly dead.

I love this game.
you love this game.

The game isn't dead.

Hey, there's even a few websites such as this one which are very much alive ! :) And Thriving!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★