Login

russian armor

The matchmaking in this game is horrid

31 Mar 2018, 10:20 AM

Im almost at getting prestige 1 but in 1v1 I get prestige 3 players and if I lose against them I get ~50 hrs players. I should be getting players of my own skill but never. The matchmaking is fucking horrid.
31 Mar 2018, 10:27 AM

Prestige is a function of time, not skill.

There is plenty of utter noobs at prestige 3 who have no slightest clue about the game, balance or how to play(check the balance forum to easily spot them, they usually advocate for only 1 faction).

The only thing that matters is rank and positive WL ratio.
31 Mar 2018, 10:47 AM

Automatch is base on a rank, prstige has nothing to do with that. Especially with such small playerbase
31 Mar 2018, 11:05 AM

I should be getting players of my own skill

no, you should start playing 1vs1 and get better yourself, so you don't have to rely on teammates
31 Mar 2018, 11:48 AM

no, you should start playing 1vs1 and get better yourself, so you don't have to rely on teammates

Did you read my post? I was talking about 1v1. I'm a 1v1 type of player.
31 Mar 2018, 11:57 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Unfortunately, CoH2 has a rather small playerbase that rarely allows appropriate match ups which ends mostly in stomps for top players and super hard games for unexperienced players. If you want to raise the chances to find appropriate match ups it is advisable to play at prime times, i.e. when Europe is at its peak activity. CoH2 seems to be a very eurocentristic game in terms of player population, sadly.
31 Mar 2018, 12:04 PM

Permanently Banned
WE must say Relic Thnaks for greate support of the game, thats why people leave game.
What the reason spend time for game, where developers care about player/balance/optimization.
31 Mar 2018, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2018, 10:27 AMKatitof
Prestige is a function of time, not skill.

There is plenty of utter noobs at prestige 3 who have no slightest clue about the game, balance or how to play(check the balance forum to easily spot them, they usually advocate for only 1 faction).

The only thing that matters is rank and positive WL ratio.

quality post :thumb:

Btw Katitof you already got some special celebration in the plans for your 10000th post? :foreveralone:
31 Mar 2018, 12:19 PM

I know how you feel but skill is not based around your prestige ingame. There are people who played 1000+ hours against AI only so obviously they are max level. But still they suck online.

I have to admit that I usually simply drop after the game starts once I see someone I know from streams like vonIvan where I absolutely know that I do not have a slight bit of a chance. I know it sucks for those people but I personally feel like I waste 15 minutes when I (rank 300) play against someone rank 15 and lower.
31 Mar 2018, 16:00 PM

I know how you feel but skill is not based around your prestige ingame. There are people who played 1000+ hours against AI only so obviously they are max level. But still they suck online.

I have to admit that I usually simply drop after the game starts once I see someone I know from streams like vonIvan where I absolutely know that I do not have a slight bit of a chance. I know it sucks for those people but I personally feel like I waste 15 minutes when I (rank 300) play against someone rank 15 and lower.

At the end of the day everyone can be beaten. No one is unbeatable. Its just a thing of experience.
31 Mar 2018, 18:05 PM

At the end of the day everyone can be beaten. No one is unbeatable. Its just a thing of experience.

You're absolutely right and I really like that attitude :-)
It's just like, I played them almost all... and NEVER won a single match hahaha :D
31 Mar 2018, 19:31 PM

You can call it balanced in a weird way because it finds noobs in sequence: with you, then vs you, then someone drops, then you with noobs again and again.
31 Mar 2018, 19:34 PM

Never give up against top players! Once i beat RUKAclNoggano becasue he disconnected :P
31 Mar 2018, 20:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2018, 19:31 PMHater
You can call it balanced in a weird way because it finds noobs in sequence: with you, then vs you, then someone drops, then you with noobs again and again.

I think that is the problem with our relatively low player base.

You're either David or Goliath most of the time. Once you reach a "critical" level (for me it's around level 14) you will get enemies you cannot win against. The reason behind that may differ, for me it's the lack of time and commitment. I can play 1 or 2 games on some days a week. Others play multiple ones everyday, of course they will be better than me.

I just think that CoH2 has the strictest cut in this area regarding all games I play. Other games with a bigger player base will give you enemies that are a little bit better than your last ones if you win but in CoH2 it sometimes feels like Game1: Noob, Game2: Noob, Game3: VonIvan, Game4: HelpingHans, Game5 (you are Level 11 again): Noob, and so on.

That became so bad for me that I haven't played OKW and Ostheer in the last months. Not because I dislike the factions but because I have reached a rank where I know that my next enemy will simply destroy me.
31 Mar 2018, 21:15 PM

You're absolutely right and I really like that attitude :-)
It's just like, I played them almost all... and NEVER won a single match hahaha :D

you should learn from your mistakes and when the day comes you might even beat him ;)
31 Mar 2018, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2018, 21:15 PMYRon²y

you should learn from your mistakes and when the day comes you might even beat him ;)

I know that would be the base of becoming better, but quoting myself it is also a problem of dedication and time. You can probably become as good as Christiano Ronaldo in terms of playing football if you train every day for 10 years but the thing is that this person literally lives for the sport.

The same goes for players like HelpingHans. CoH is really a big part of their lives, they play multiple ours everyday and even make money out of it by streaming and sharing videos on YouTube.

I could check Ronaldo's moves and immitate his tricks, but in the end he will still be a hundred times better because he doesn't do much else rather than playing soccer and banging some models :snfPeter:

I am more the kind of guy who played football (or soccer as some of you heithens tend to call it) for the fun in the local league instead of living for the win or playing tournaments. I have seen this in real life many times as well. Some clubs lose their matches "on purpose" in order to prevent to be placed in a higher league, because they knew that they would get stumped all the time.

And I think CoH is very similar to this "problem" because once you reach a critical rank, you have to choose between either get a 95% sure loss in the next game OR dedicate a lot more time into getting better, which most of us "regular players" simply don't want to.

Don't get me wrong people, I am absolutely okay with this, it's just that I like "analysing" such things :-)

31 Mar 2018, 22:43 PM
Senior Caster Badge

if we had remmapable hotkeis, we would get more people to game coh2 :-)
1 Apr 2018, 07:15 AM

The thing is I wanted to quit this game so many times because some factions feel OP and because matchmaking is bad but I always come back to it, Its a love hate relationship. There isn't another game on the market like COH 2 atm.
1 Apr 2018, 10:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Mar 2018, 22:43 PMd0ggY
if we had remmapable hotkeis, we would get more people to game coh2 :-)

Nah, that's not true. I get the point that all the different hotkeys suck, but there are no people saying "This game has flexible hotkeys! I am so gonna buy it!". Hotkeys are in no way a buying reason for people to buy a game.

On the other hand you are right, some people obviously left the game because the lack of this feature.
1 Apr 2018, 15:34 PM

"The matchmaking in this game is horrid"

No this is where your logic broke down. The game is horrid. So no one plays it and therefore there is no one to play against. Thus, the match making is bad.

"There isn't another game on the market like COH 2 atm."

I agree. As I state all the time, 95% of this game is amazing. Playing army at a decent pace with just the right amount of micro, base building, etc. Fantastic. Then unbalanced factions, RNG, and limited maps create boredom. Learn the meta for your army, the weaknesses of the other army, and then where and when to attack the map. Rinse and repeat. The only thing to stem the boredom is RNG. So then you are not playing your opponent anymore you are playing the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★