Login

russian armor

counter battery

23 Mar 2018, 00:00 AM

Now that the simcity doc has been hit by the nerf hammer and the water are calm can we make counter battery an usable ability ?
Make the base howitzer range unlimited and make the mortar emplacement counter barrage a copy of the ost one
(and change the description right now say off-map barrage)
23 Mar 2018, 06:29 AM

Mortar pits, sure. Base arty... Noooo pop free global arty counter? As soviet i need recon and bomb strike to do that and its a hell of alot more expensive
23 Mar 2018, 06:57 AM

Mortar pits, sure. Base arty... Noooo pop free global arty counter? As soviet i need recon and bomb strike to do that and its a hell of alot more expensive

welcome to the brit faction, which get all the nice tools from every faction..in most cases in better version.
23 Mar 2018, 07:37 AM

or make the base howizer capable of being used like normal arty, pointing and shooting, but for more expensive cost for using.
23 Mar 2018, 07:59 AM

welcome to the brit faction, which get all the nice tools from every faction..in most cases in better version.

*cough* indirect fire *cough*

Non-doc they have only mortar pits, which are now nerfed, and arty flares, which is slow, although powerful.

Even doctrinal, Sexton is not nearly as good as howitzer or Priest. Land matress seems very good but with imo questionable tradeoff of being crew based
23 Mar 2018, 08:00 AM

Nah, let's leave the fortified commander where it is.

It's still fun if you want to play a dorkly team match, but it's usually not feasible anymore, which is the best thing that could happen.

If you think about it it is ridiculous: Relic creates a P2W (non-standard) commander that enhances the bullshit play every non-brit player hated even in the previous game. The reason?

23 Mar 2018, 08:19 AM

Its not free, it got muni cost for a long time now.
23 Mar 2018, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2018, 08:19 AMKatitof

Its not free, it got muni cost for a long time now.

Thats true, it costs munitions. As a soviet/ ost player can also use muntions to counter arty, but its going to require multiple ability slots and hundreds of munitions.

I specifically said POP free. Ost requres the unit, then needs to vet it, then needs to toggle on the ability which until the enemy uses some indirect it sits idle eating pop and reducing manpower income. There no way in ever loving fuck a pop whenever you chose with no drawback until you do and counter the enemy arty would be balanced to begin with, let alone with (suprise suprise) another faction having a less efficient version that ALSO requires vetted units *cough* med kits *cough*

Although we are discussing the brits so suppose im wasting my time drawing parallels between them and ost as if there is an ost version there is or has been a superiour british version for no reason other than its british...
23 Mar 2018, 09:45 AM

Thats true, it costs munitions. As a soviet/ ost player can also use muntions to counter arty, but its going to require multiple ability slots and hundreds of munitions.

Well, UKF counter arty isn't that amazing either, used to be godly, but not so much now, 45 sec duration, shoots every 4 seconds and ONLY if other arty piece is shooting, you hold fire, counter barrage does nothing, unlike ost one, which will just completely barrage the place after first shot.

I specifically said POP free. Ost requres the unit, then needs to vet it, then needs to toggle on the ability which until the enemy uses some indirect it sits idle eating pop and reducing manpower income. There no way in ever loving fuck a pop whenever you chose with no drawback until you do and counter the enemy arty would be balanced to begin with, let alone with (suprise suprise) another faction having a less efficient version that ALSO requires vetted units *cough* med kits *cough*

Its not like other factions do not have fancy pop free firepower *cough*schwerer*cough*, but its tied to a singular and pretty damn BAD doctrine while also being heavily nerfed in the past.

I can not see how anyone could have any issue with it today.

Although we are discussing the brits so suppose im wasting my time drawing parallels between them and ost as if there is an ost version there is or has been a superiour british version for no reason other than its british...

Apples vs oranges really, UKF counter barrage is again, just a singular doctrinal ability while ost got counter barrage on all indirect fire units + ost indirect units do not need at least 280mp squad to fire directly and do not require muni for either, regular or counter barrage.

Its not really different flavor of the same thing, similarities pretty much end on the name as both barrages function completely differently.
23 Mar 2018, 12:02 PM

free ? It cost 30 mun,45 sec duration, has 90 cd and has very limited range
23 Mar 2018, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2018, 09:45 AMKatitof

Well, UKF counter arty isn't that amazing either, used to be godly, but not so much now, 45 sec duration, shoots every 4 seconds and ONLY if other arty piece is shooting, you hold fire, counter barrage does nothing, unlike ost one, which will just completely barrage the place after first shot.

well not using tithe barrage is better as it can switch targets instantly and work well if they move right after they fire but still it has limited range and block any production
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Russian Federation 28
United States 12
unknown 6
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L