Login

russian armor

Riflemen Sandbags

9 Mar 2018, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 17:32 PMVipper
All tank traps should have build time increased.

USF tank traps should be me moved to assault engineers, then sandbags could be moved to R.E.

UKF trench and sandbags should be moved to Ro.E.
Thats actually a nerf to USF
9 Mar 2018, 18:19 PM

Thats actually a nerf to USF

R.E. having sandbags instead of tank traps is nerf?
9 Mar 2018, 18:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 18:19 PMVipper

R.E. having sandbags instead of tank traps is nerf?
Of course tank traps build faster than sandbags and if they change it to RE havign sandbags and no longer tank traps they can no logner block tanks
9 Mar 2018, 19:05 PM

Of course tank traps build faster than sandbags and if they change it to RE havign sandbags and no longer tank traps they can no logner block tanks

R.E. should not be able to block tanks and lay mines.

Tank trap should be move to assault engineers.
9 Mar 2018, 19:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 19:05 PMVipper

But USF has only m7 light mines which are not that strong you just need to spam them its like you are telling me OKW doesnt need kuble wagen cuz they got strong volks behind cover and really strong sturms
9 Mar 2018, 19:57 PM

But USF has only m7 light mines which are not that strong you just need to spam them its like you are telling me OKW doesnt need kuble wagen cuz they got strong volks behind cover and really strong sturms

And this brings back to your original argument. If one faction has non doctrinal access to tank traps all of them should have.
9 Mar 2018, 20:48 PM

I'd personally make it so mainline make crappier (yellow) sandbags or dirt mounds and the engineer units make proper green sandbags.

Lets just make soviets even more vulnerable to spio cutoff rushes in the opening 3 minutes.
9 Mar 2018, 20:54 PM

Lets just make soviets even more vulnerable to spio cutoff rushes in the opening 3 minutes.

Doesn't being close to units negate cover bonuses? So isn't that already a moot point?
9 Mar 2018, 21:08 PM

You get there first and build a sandbag to defend against the possible cutoff/fuel rush from spios. No the cover bonus still exists but the range is what makes each unit more deadly so you stop noticing the cover as doing so much as it did. The bag is forcing to okw player to change its attack route giving time for the sov player to react by sending more men. Otherwise he risks 1-2 models getting dropped on the way to the bag.
9 Mar 2018, 22:06 PM

You get there first and build a sandbag to defend against the possible cutoff/fuel rush from spios. No the cover bonus still exists but the range is what makes each unit more deadly so you stop noticing the cover as doing so much as it did. The bag is forcing to okw player to change its attack route giving time for the sov player to react by sending more men. Otherwise he risks 1-2 models getting dropped on the way to the bag.

Cover Bonus is lost at point blank range.
9 Mar 2018, 22:15 PM

I dont want rifle sandbags. I want a reason to build fighting puts and RE not more reason only to spam rifles all game every game.

Reduce the price of the fighting pit and add it back on the MG upgrade. Then RE can make all round green cover. Its unique, its not just boring old sandbags
9 Mar 2018, 22:38 PM

I dont want rifle sandbags. I want a reason to build fighting puts and RE not more reason only to spam rifles all game every game.

Reduce the price of the fighting pit and add it back on the MG upgrade. Then RE can make all round green cover. Its unique, its not just boring old sandbags
This is the whole point no utility for riflemen and if my riflemen are hurt i need them to defend i want to make sure they are cover and if i dotn have RE around i cant protect them and you think IS and volks havign sandbags its a good idea riflemen cost 280 manpower and have the less versatility as other core main lien infrantry allthow all other main line infrantry at least have one type of defense
9 Mar 2018, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 19:05 PMVipper

Why? Because you said so?

And please, post the stats of these amazing mines RETs have.

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 19:57 PMVipper

And this brings back to your original argument. If one faction has non doctrinal access to tank traps all of them should have.

What an amazing idea!

Now, that about non doctrinal heavy tanks, non doctrinal weapon upgrades, non doctrinal reinforcement halftrucks and so on?

Sorry, this isn't how asymmetrical balance works.
Some factions have toy X, some have Y instead.
Its not communism, where everyone gets same stuff.
9 Mar 2018, 23:48 PM

Cover Bonus is lost at point blank range.

themoreyouknow.png
10 Mar 2018, 17:35 PM

themoreyouknow.png
So what do you think will they put them having sandbags?
10 Mar 2018, 19:46 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Cover doesn't apply within 10 units except for garrison cover.

Each of the tick marks is 2 units, so it's about the length of a medium tank wreck. IIRC.
That means you should never ever think you are in cover next to a building, like the green cover wall surrounding the building on kholodny. Does nothing. Use the tank wrecks near by.

Also green cover is 5% better than garrison cover, if y'all didn't know that.
10 Mar 2018, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2018, 19:46 PMTobis
Cover doesn't apply within 10 units except for garrison cover.

Each of the tick marks is 2 units, so it's about the length of a medium tank wreck. IIRC.
That means you should never ever think you are in cover next to a building, like the green cover wall surrounding the building on kholodny. Does nothing. Use the tank wrecks near by.

Also green cover is 5% better than garrison cover, if y'all didn't know that.
So USF should have riflemen sandbags withouth a commander cuz its hard to find a tank wreck for cover
10 Mar 2018, 20:32 PM

This is the whole point no utility for riflemen and if my riflemen are hurt i need them to defend i want to make sure they are cover and if i dotn have RE around i cant protect them and you think IS and volks havign sandbags its a good idea riflemen cost 280 manpower and have the less versatility as other core main lien infrantry allthow all other main line infrantry at least have one type of defense
what is wrong with your riflemen?! Ost Grens can only built a bunker (for MP not free) and only when in friendly territory and 150 MP is not available all the time especially early game. Instead they have to do something else... Play the game be micromanaged and FIND cover . Please don't start with cheaper unit quotes cause rifles have 1 extra man and 1v1 they win in all ranges.Best solution would be only engineers to be able to make green cover and mainline infantry should support and cover fire them if they want them to make one
10 Mar 2018, 20:37 PM

what is wrong with your riflemen?! Ost Grens can only built a bunker (for MP not free) and only when in friendly territory and 150 MP is not available all the time especially early game. Instead they have to do something else... Play the game be micromanaged and FIND cover . Please don't start with cheaper unit quotes cause rifles have 1 extra man and 1v1 they win in all ranges.Best solution would be only engineers to be able to make green cover and mainline infantry should support and cover fire them if they want them to make one
Res got tank traps and there are not only grenadiers at the game for exable volks 5 man squad on field upgrade with stgs OP Infnratry section sandbags 2 freakign LMG cons buffed accurance behind buffed sandbags and USF riflemen what nothing ifnrnantry section beat grens and cons now beat grens too grens advantage is their nade field lmg upgrade and their bunkers if they win enganements instead of paying for an mg put the mg unit in there and not only heavy mobile heavy cover but awesome tricks and OST has sooo many tools to make riflemen 4 man squad
10 Mar 2018, 21:01 PM

If ONLY there was a way you could make your riflemen not hurt, maybe on field, hell make it mobile so its adaptive... Something like idk the t0 ambulance. If your RE are not availible enough BUILD ANOTHER like the ost and the sov and tge brits do when they need to sweep and repair tanks, keep in mind that 2/3 of those options NEVER get a 5th man nor can sling AT aswell.

When in enemy territory you SHOULD be at a disadvantage, you SHOULD be using the environment not being able to fortify your way to the enemy.

The brits get sandbags because unlike the usf they are disadvantaged on the move. Usf pay 280 for their punching power not their utility. Theres no reason for them to have sandbags because it just reinforces shitty attack nove single unit tactics from shitty players and only shitty players could POSSIBLY think that a single do it all unit is in anyways a good balance choice. Diversity makes a good game, not spamming a single unit to fight infantry, to fight tanks, to build defences.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★