Login

russian armor

Is OKW dead? what's your opinion?

8 Mar 2018, 17:51 PM

They seem fine in terms of power if you lean on their strongest units. Their issue now is more a lack of variety. Both the OKW and USF tech forks have a clearly superior choice in 1v1 at the moment. Why would you ever go Luchs when you can get a better shock unit (the Flak HT) faster, cheaper and without giving up healing?
8 Mar 2018, 18:20 PM

Can somebody tell me why everything on this board is always BLACK or WHITE?

Either OKW is dead or OKW is OP AS HELL!!!

Why not asking: "Is OKW a bit too weak at the moment?"

that's why i don't react anymore to posts like this... i just randomly came back to see if anything changed but nope -_- but hey, lets react. is it me but are most posts like this posted by guys that haven't played allies yet or are top 6000, even tho the game is out for 5 years?
Is it me or are it those people that start telling things that aren't true. like is it that hard to accept that 250mp volks don't beat 280mp squads? is double cloaked raketen not good enaugh for you? but whatever.
8 Mar 2018, 19:56 PM

Even before last patch it was hard to play in random when it matches you a team of 4 x OKW vs mixed allies. IMO, the worst decision after many OKW nerfs tweaks is equalize 5th vet to 3rd vet of other factions.
8 Mar 2018, 21:56 PM

Each patch Reliq made this faction less enjoyable,one or two more and I leave the game,
8 Mar 2018, 22:03 PM

if OKW player sees lose screen then they're dead :snfBarton:
9 Mar 2018, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2018, 08:53 AMVipper

Was it double OKW?

it was 3 axis game of mixed.

Okw/okw team is not something we should want to strive for.

double okw dominating would have been the worst. We want variety and possibility like mixed wehr/okw team.

9 Mar 2018, 04:23 AM

that's why i don't react anymore to posts like this... i just randomly came back to see if anything changed but nope -_- but hey, lets react. is it me but are most posts like this posted by guys that haven't played allies yet or are top 6000, even tho the game is out for 5 years?
Is it me or are it those people that start telling things that aren't true. like is it that hard to accept that 250mp volks don't beat 280mp squads? is double cloaked raketen not good enaugh for you? but whatever.

Its a joke honestly, I learned to take my balance from the high-level streamers and tournament data over the Balance forum. There's a huge discrepancy between what the high levels players are saying and what you see on the forums now. IMO its just a bunch of OKW one tricks who used a broken faction and cant believe that they aren't roflstomping with minimal skill required.
9 Mar 2018, 09:22 AM

it was 3 axis game of mixed.

In that case it not safe to make conclusion about the OKW performance since it has more to do with the synergy of the 2 faction than the individual performance of each factions. (Better infantry from OKW better support weapon from Ostheer.)
9 Mar 2018, 13:01 PM

now okw is joke mg should be t0 or give as back kubel with supress option
9 Mar 2018, 16:20 PM

Its a joke honestly, I learned to take my balance from the high-level streamers and tournament data over the Balance forum. There's a huge discrepancy between what the high levels players are saying and what you see on the forums now. IMO its just a bunch of OKW one tricks who used a broken faction and cant believe that they aren't roflstomping with minimal skill required.

totaly true. is kinda sad they have to 'cry' on the forums.
9 Mar 2018, 22:46 PM

We must agree that since the beginning Relic are reducing the OKW capabilities, if we compare the present OKW with a two years ago one, it looks almost a new faction, Relic didn't changed any faction as they did with OKW, and I never saw nothing to improve it.
10 Mar 2018, 03:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2018, 09:22 AMVipper

In that case it not safe to make conclusion about the OKW performance since it has more to do with the synergy of the 2 faction than the individual performance of each factions. (Better infantry from OKW better support weapon from Ostheer.)

the nature of team game is synergy.

Dismissing the benefit of bringing in a mixed okw/wehr over a wehr/wehr or okw/okw is ignorant on the one of the major draw of having more faction and team game.

Except for grossly overpowered or underpowered faction, mixed faction is always going to be the optimal route. It is the nature of two different faction using their own strength to cover the other's weakness.

okw/okw team is not going to dominate a team tournament unless the wehr is vastly underpowered or the okw vastly overpowered. Pursuing okw/okw tourney meta is just seeking to make them overpowered.
10 Mar 2018, 08:35 AM

the nature of team game is synergy.

Dismissing the benefit of bringing in a mixed okw/wehr over a wehr/wehr or okw/okw is ignorant on the one of the major draw of having more faction and team game.

Except for grossly overpowered or underpowered faction, mixed faction is always going to be the optimal route. It is the nature of two different faction using their own strength to cover the other's weakness.

okw/okw team is not going to dominate a team tournament unless the wehr is vastly underpowered or the okw vastly overpowered. Pursuing okw/okw tourney meta is just seeking to make them overpowered.

simply use data from 1vs1 and not 2vs2.
10 Mar 2018, 12:07 PM

if püppchen didnt die in 1 hit from every single allied unit there is, half of okw problems would be gone
10 Mar 2018, 15:31 PM

okw died for brainless noobs, yes.
10 Mar 2018, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2018, 08:35 AMVipper

simply use data from 1vs1 and not 2vs2.

Culainn was complaining about 2v2 and 3v3, not 1v1.
13 Mar 2018, 20:21 PM

Judging the amount of wins OKW got from latest tournament thingy? Hardly.

Did OKW really get a high % of wins in the tournament?

Link? :)
13 Mar 2018, 23:40 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I've been playing more since I now have a computer that can play the game again.

I've got to say, OKW is the more frustrating faction to play against. Against an opponent of equal skill, it's a difficult early game with the sturmpio + kubel duo capping up the map and the kubel dishing out mp damage while only needing repairs.

The Volks StG. 44 upgrade makes them a fearsome contender against riflemen, conscripts, and penals, perhaps only outdone by Infantry Sections that stay at range. Adding the timer to flame grenades was a common sense change that hurt the Volksgrenadier's potency. Reducing their vet 5 buffs (and in general with every unit) is also a nerf, but a common sense change. Perhaps the best thing would be to revert their 5-level veterancy to the standard 3-level? Two and three years, ago, it was so frustrating playing against the OP 5-level vet. I played so many games where my opponent and I were equal but because the USF/Soviet vet was capped earlier and was less potent than OKW vet, I would start to lose in the mid to late game because, despite having an equal preservation of units between both sides, the OKW player was rewarded more. Now that the veterancy has been mostly brought in line, perhaps it would be best to change the 5-level veterancy to a 3-level.

As has been already said a couple times, the OKW players don't have super effective builds or units anymore. Would the OKW benefit from getting a real AT gun? Probably. Will it happen? Who knows. Maybe. It would be cool if there was a PaK38 AT gun or even, god forbid, another commander revamp or an addition where captured ZiS guns could be called in.

Does the strong USF Jackson make the late game harder? Yeah, but plant mines, buy an extra sturmpio for a schreck, and/or buy a Jagdpanzer. It's still very good.

Remember to #adapt and keep trying new stuff. Post a replay review, watch a few King of the Hill casts on A_E's YouTube, check out the Ultimate Team Tournament show-match and then the tournament next month... hell, ask Helping Hans to show you some nice OKW tricks in his training Tuesdays if he still does that! Oh yeah and sometimes you can just message a good player on steam and ask for advice.
13 Mar 2018, 23:58 PM

Edit: Oops
14 Mar 2018, 00:11 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Can somebody tell me why everything on this board is always BLACK or WHITE?

Either OKW is dead or OKW is OP AS HELL!!!

Why not asking: "Is OKW a bit too weak at the moment?"

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS