Login

russian armor

Crocodile is useless in team games since patch

6 Mar 2018, 16:21 PM

Crocodile is complete garbage in 80% of games now. Unless you are already winning hard or you are playing on a very urban map it can´t do anything. By the time it arrives vetted Pak40s and Raketenwerfer are everywhere. As well as multiple Stugs, JP4, Panther etc. Crocodile got more armour in last patch but it doesn´t help at all because most rounds still penetrate it.

The Crocodile nerf was completly over the top, you cant nerf DPS, HP and pop cap and expect it to remain a good tank. It still has good AI capabilities but it just dies way too fast now. Which means between repairing it for 5 minutes (thanks to Sapper repair speed nerf) you just cant get nearly enough out of it to make it worth spending 230 fuel on it. In fact I would argue that going for Crocodile is the best way to throw games as Brits in 2v2 now.
6 Mar 2018, 16:42 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Crocodile got more armour in last patch but it doesn´t help at all because most rounds still penetrate it.

Literally whats wrong with most axis tanks. Specifically the panther.
6 Mar 2018, 17:21 PM

Nerf everything down Eastern Front Armies level they said, it will be balanced they said.
6 Mar 2018, 18:10 PM

Literally whats wrong with most axis tanks. Specifically the panther.

Panther at least has good speed. Crocodile needs to be used in close quarter fights, has bad mobility and needs to be driven back from almost all fights after a few secounds because eating 2-3 rounds of AT-guns or tanks means you have to drive back to base or risk losing your 230 F piece of shit to a diving tank.

I understand that Crocodiles used to be very OP in 1v1 and still are good in 1v1 in this patch but they are just garbage in team games. I can´t even remember the last time an opponent used one in 2v2 or up against me. There is probably a reason for it.

The KT is probably a good comparison to the Crocodile in a way. Same as the Crocodile it arrives late game when there are numerous vetted AT-guns, TDs, several medium tanks, Ptrs/zooks blobs, etc. that render it useless in 80% of games. Same as Croc investing all those ressources into a KT is a good way to throw the game.
6 Mar 2018, 19:40 PM

Panther at least has good speed. Crocodile needs to be used in close quarter fights, has bad mobility and needs to be driven back from almost all fights after a few secounds because eating 2-3 rounds of AT-guns or tanks means you have to drive back to base or risk losing your 230 F piece of shit to a diving tank.

I understand that Crocodiles used to be very OP in 1v1 and still are good in 1v1 in this patch but they are just garbage in team games. I can´t even remember the last time an opponent used one in 2v2 or up against me. There is probably a reason for it.

The KT is probably a good comparison to the Crocodile in a way. Same as the Crocodile it arrives late game when there are numerous vetted AT-guns, TDs, several medium tanks, Ptrs/zooks blobs, etc. that render it useless in 80% of games. Same as Croc investing all those ressources into a KT is a good way to throw the game.

This is also a reason why I suggested 2 game balance modes, 1 for 1v1 competitive play and one for the larger more casual play.
6 Mar 2018, 20:23 PM

Gotta agree... Croc really is just a huge resource sink and if you have the res for a croc you might as well just get Comets.

It never really makes sense to me when things get nerfed and prices get don't get adjusted accordingly. Relic is famous for this.
7 Mar 2018, 00:34 AM

squishy tank that cant interact with mediums and above, super slow, penetrated by all AT sources

Performs slightly better than a regular Churchill in infantry killing, but lacks armor/HP/smoke/grenade

costs almost as much as a tiger., CP locked.

I don't remember if it was the community patches that ruined this unit or official Relic patch's though.

Don't buy.

7 Mar 2018, 01:58 AM

It just needs to be a lot cheaper. The tiger is almost as good vs infantry.
7 Mar 2018, 06:57 AM

lol?

you have problem with croco? Than try to play with flame hetzer....which has not that high HP and armor, no turrent and not this dmg...

WTF did i read here?
7 Mar 2018, 07:18 AM

lol?

you have problem with croco? Than try to play with flame hetzer....which has not that high HP and armor, no turrent and not this dmg...

WTF did i read here?

lol its like compare tiger and panzer4 very accurate

anyway croco is not bad with kiling infantry but in moment u have croco they have elefant so its useless
croco need to be cp 11 and thats it
7 Mar 2018, 07:28 AM

lol?

WTF did i read here?

How to spot someone who did not played with flame hetzer post patch.

Also, smart idea to compare Units that come more then 10 min apart.
7 Mar 2018, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2018, 00:34 AMUnited
squishy tank that cant interact with mediums and above, super slow, penetrated by all AT sources

Performs slightly better than a regular Churchill in infantry killing, but lacks armor/HP/smoke/grenade

costs almost as much as a tiger., CP locked.

I don't remember if it was the community patches that ruined this unit or official Relic patch's though.

Don't buy.

It was nerfed in the last patch which was a community patch, relic had nothing to do with it.

7 Mar 2018, 08:38 AM

It was nerfed in the last patch which was a community patch, relic had nothing to do with it.

Relic and Relic alone is responsible for any and every patch released.
7 Mar 2018, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

If you must bicker and drag things off-topic again, here's a quote:

Relic wrote:
This December Update is largely by the community; for the community and would not have been possible without your passionate commitment to COH2 and the countless hours of testing, tuning and integration of the balance mod from community members Mr. Smith and Miragefla.

Conclusion: The December update was a community patch. Relic agreed with the changes and released the changes the community agreed with. But even in Relic words, it is largely work done by the community. Now stick to the topic, instead of having to correct people over their choice of words again.
7 Mar 2018, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2018, 08:38 AMVipper

That is a nice theory you have there, but its false.
Relic is responsible for the scope of the patch and accepts final Iteration.
Other then that and actual implementation of patch, they have nothing to do with it.
They have a say in what can not be done, but that is it, rest is being done by modders with no relic influence.

Citation already provided.
7 Mar 2018, 10:25 AM

That is a nice theory you have there, but its false.
Relic is responsible for the scope of the patch and accepts final Iteration.
Other then that and actual implementation of patch, they have nothing to do with it.
They have a say in what can not be done, but that is it, rest is being done by modders with no relic influence.

Citation already provided.

Yes and no. The balance patches are official patches to a game owned by Relic/Sega, therefore they are ultimately responsible. To use hyperbole, if the patch caused your PC to kill you in your sleep, then Relic would be liable.
7 Mar 2018, 10:27 AM

Yes and no. The balance patches are official patches to a game owned by Relic/Sega, therefore they are ultimately responsible. To use hyperbole, if the patch caused your PC to kill you in your sleep, then Relic would be liable.

They are responsible for compiling and delivering the patch to steam as well as for the scope.
Modders are responsible for actual content and changes.
7 Mar 2018, 10:59 AM

Who gives a shit who is responsible? The community balance team decided on what to buff/nerf and that´s all that really matters.

Everything else is just arguing semantics.

All of this is totally off-topic anyways. But whatever. Vipper feels the need to derail every thread or bring the Puma into everything.

Why not discuss whether or not Puma is balanced based on it´s performance vs the Croc???
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment