Login

russian armor

OKW Handheld AT solution.

PAGES (7)down
1 Mar 2018, 17:15 PM

what? riflmen AI sucks? Bazooka has a much higher fire rate then shreks, lower cost and has splash damage and its very VERY effective vs light and medium vehicles, its only against heavies it will struggle but it will still force axis heavies back because of the fear of being snared

Splash damage? lol, they changed handheld AT gibbing eons ago.
1 Mar 2018, 17:19 PM

Sorry, but no. Volkschrecks were and are cancerous. I understand the frustration of the lack of reliable AT, but I(and alot of other people) don't like it.

/quote]

1. Volkschrecks "are" cancerous? what do you talk about?
2. Didnt you read my suggestion? i said 2 schrecks! TWO! wtf could this be cancerous? In which case this could be op or something? It is one(!!) Panzergrens squad. Not more.
Are Panzergrens op or cancerous?
Schrecks misses a lot in higher range..

3. Why should Okw with 2 schrecks OP, Cancerous, anyoing and so ...while allie faction run with 5-8 zooks/PRTS/piats around the field?

4. What is your fear? To lose your Tank to a Volks sqaud with one or maybe 2 Schrecks? Comon. It will be took than that.

5. What does bring you to tell that many other ppl wont like this idea? Are you the Manager/ student representatives of the anti volks party?

Please stop messing with quotes, i can barely read it.

Anyway, for your points:

1; Volksshrecks are cancerous because they encourage blobbing. Simple as that.

2; 2 Shrecks are still too much. This would lead to 2 volks with shrecks and 3 or more volks covering them, which once again leads to blobbing without effort. Not to mention the fact that volks still have snares which you haven't adressed in the comment or the OP.

3; Allied factions having AT on their mainline infantry is (more or less, still debatable) acceptable because those AT weapons like PTRS, PIAT and bazookas are not nearly as powerfull as a Panzershreck. Aside from costs, it outperforms all of the afformentioned in penetration and damage from what i have seen in my games. why would they cost more compared to the allied AT otherwise? The fact that you are trying to make it look like the Panzershreck is inferior to allied AT just because it is not available on your mainline is just ridiculous.

Hence why i argue that you get double Pzershreck upgrade on sturmpioneers; they are available early, and punish light vehicles or mediums that try to outflank your other units/stuff. they are also rather expensive to reinforce making any attempt at blobbing them with volks very manpower hungry and thus very punishing.

It's also why i am against Obersoldaten getting 2 panzershrecks because they come too late to make a difference.

4; My fear is that these disgusting volksshreckblobs will return in COH2. There is no reason to give mainline infantry the nondoctrinal capability to frontally penetrate all mediums at any range, regardless of low accuracy.

5; See point 4. I am no representative of the anti- volks party, but who are you? Did you ever fight against the ridiculous volkshordes? Please let me know what you thought of them in the past, if you found the balanced or not compared to what the allies fielded at the time.

Also a reminder: i agree that OKW needs better early- game AT, most notably the raketenwerfer but that's another topic.
1 Mar 2018, 17:51 PM

what? riflmen AI sucks? Bazooka has a much higher fire rate then shreks, lower cost and has splash damage and its very VERY effective vs light and medium vehicles, its only against heavies it will struggle but it will still force axis heavies back because of the fear of being snared

First, no handheld AT weapon is in any way useful against infantry with exception of guards PTRS.
Second, zooks have ~55% to pen P4 at max range as that P4 isn't going to be closer usually, while shrecks have 80+% chance to pen at the same distance, which means zooks will outperform shrecks only if there is MUCH MORE of them.
Spamming zook squads isn't exactly the best way to win either, because this thing called pop cap exists and regardless of how many zooks you have, not having any armor in late game or having upkeep so high to not be able to sustain this army isn't going to win you anything, so cut down on zook fantasy.
1 Mar 2018, 18:59 PM

The bazooka arguement doesn't really hold up either seeing as how 120 penetration bazookas have a lot more trouble with axis armor vs. 170 shreks (slightly less that a StuG's penetration) only bounce off heavy call-ins - which you don't want shreks against anyway.

For that it's worth shreks bounce off KV-1 now roughly 30% of the time.
1 Mar 2018, 19:52 PM

First, no handheld AT weapon is in any way useful against infantry with exception of guards PTRS.
Second, zooks have ~55% to pen P4 at max range as that P4 isn't going to be closer usually, while shrecks have 80+% chance to pen at the same distance, which means zooks will outperform shrecks only if there is MUCH MORE of them.
Spamming zook squads isn't exactly the best way to win either, because this thing called pop cap exists and regardless of how many zooks you have, not having any armor in late game or having upkeep so high to not be able to sustain this army isn't going to win you anything, so cut down on zook fantasy.

you forget to say that schrecks misses a lot more on far range than any other handheld AT...
1 Mar 2018, 20:44 PM

Just pick up PTRSes left from penals :snfPeter:
1 Mar 2018, 20:46 PM

you forget to say that schrecks misses a lot more on far range than any other handheld AT...

Yeah, there is a reason for that too.
Its very high effectiveness.
1 Mar 2018, 21:00 PM

Probably the best solution would allow Sturms to build both the shrek and sweeper upgrade (like every other RE or roya engi blob), and go from there.
1 Mar 2018, 22:32 PM

The repair speed bonus might need axed if they could get both (maybe tie it to the repair dudes on mech truck instead of the sweeper?)
2 Mar 2018, 06:43 AM

its awefull when you see RE equiped with double zooks AND sweeper

while your stpio can only equip one item
2 Mar 2018, 08:43 AM

Yeah, people do blob PTRS penals. One of the main reasons why shreks got removed was because it encouraged blobbing and created a frustrating experience for the one on the receiving end. The same applies here and lets not forget both riflemen and penals can snare which is what makes these blobs so dangerous, as this one one of the major weakness of volks shrek blobs in the past.

Yes people blob PTRS penals and zook rifles.

Guess what the counter is to that? STG volks.

2 Mar 2018, 09:09 AM

Yes people blob PTRS penals and zook rifles.

Guess what the counter is to that? STG volks.

it isnt really a very effective counter since this both unit have to good AI when equiped as AT unit.

yes volks have a better chance...but will still lose models unexpected fast.
2 Mar 2018, 09:14 AM

Volkshrek blobs were dark days for CoH2.

2 Mar 2018, 09:15 AM

it isnt really a very effective counter since this both unit have to good AI when equiped as AT unit.

Uh Rifles with zooks do little damage to infantry, same goes with PTRS penals.

If you are losing with stg volks to zook rifles or ptrs penals that's an l2p issue
2 Mar 2018, 09:26 AM

3 stg volks will steamroll 3 ptrs penals or 3 dual zook rifles every single time.

And since for whatever reason you seem to believe AT weapons are good vs infantry, here, have a read:

Anti-Tank Guns (AT guns, Piats, Bazookas, and Panzerschrecks)

Developer Comments: To alleviate the effects of some frustrating RNG from anti-tank weapons firing on infantry squads, we have decided to reduce the damage these weapons deal to infantry to prevent snipes on full health models.
•Damage set to deal only 25% against infantry.
2 Mar 2018, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2018, 09:14 AMGrim
Volkshrek blobs were dark days for CoH2.

and zook/prts/piats blobbs are the actuall status.It isnt even sunnier since the dark days...
2 Mar 2018, 09:34 AM

3 stg volks will steamroll 3 ptrs penals or 3 dual zook rifles every single time.

And since for whatever reason you seem to believe AT weapons are good vs infantry, here, have a read:

what is with mixing them? i never told that you must dumb enough to equip all your infterny only with AT handhelds..

but if u mix them...they are very effecitve vs all targets.

you cant steamroll them...because the AI is there through double bars.

or you euip you USF infnatery with one zook and one bar.

here you go you have good change to deal with volks. very good chance
2 Mar 2018, 09:35 AM

Its funny that i must explain this to very good player...means you playing dumb or...you dont know it better??
2 Mar 2018, 09:37 AM

Schrödinger's rifle blob. Both double BARed so it can chew through all infantry but also mixed with zooks so it can fontally assault a maus.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS