Login

russian armor

Make all Loiter plane abilities a lined strafe

23 Feb 2018, 13:41 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 12:55 PMzarok47

So bring back old CAS (commander and ability). Balance by giving both sides bullshit.
Throw in arty cover for good measure, since you can just leave the area.

It is not what i meant. Right now, it is that ALL AA Units are reliably taking down planes. You can punish the 180-240 Muni price with an AA Unit. If you know his commander, then adapt, to lower the effiency of the planes by far. Coh2 is about having right counters to your enemies units, or the better Army composition, besides micro and skill.

I think the planes are not a very big problem, if you actually counter them. Also CAS commander planes can be taken down now.
23 Feb 2018, 13:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 13:38 PMKatitof

He pointed out a bit of hypocrisy.
I giggled irl and agreed.
I am not talking about p47 because I havent used it for ages and, contrary to 90% of People around here, I do not like to talk about stuff I cant even properly remember or have not used for years(have not played with paratroopers for 2 years I guess).

KK, i undestand you opinion.
23 Feb 2018, 14:51 PM

In this path IL-2 cannot wipe full squad. That the different.

You never even faced the il-2, did you?

Or wait, maybe you support him in idea taht old CAS doc was balanced ?

And look at that, straight up lying.
Never change vasa.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 13:41 PMd0ggY

I think the planes are not a very big problem, if you actually counter them. Also CAS commander planes can be taken down now.

Ergo, bring back old CAS and tiger ace, since you can counter them now.
And air superiority, for good measure.
23 Feb 2018, 16:13 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 14:51 PMzarok47

Never change vasa.

No i didn't say that. I say in the current state, the CAS is counterable. Might need to retreat a little with tanks but then you can go back forward since after first loiter, the planes are pretty much shot down
23 Feb 2018, 17:16 PM

This is one of the few game mechanics I would get rid of because it just doesn't bring anything exiting to the game and doesn't require any type of tactical thinking or effort to use. It would be much more interesting if planes were all used in "strafe mode" which requires a lot more skill and timing to pull off, keeping this in mind these abilities would have to have a reduced cost or would have to have a damage buff.

I find it super funny how some people on other threads like, lets say, british emplacement threads say "just remove them" and then in this thread say "just use AA ht"...
23 Feb 2018, 19:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 14:51 PMzarok47

Never change vasa.

Faced, i get wipes when thay dont have full models (and i think its fine), but its was even not every time, same i dont see wipes where it was full squad, that the different compared to ju skill planes that wipe full tanks without chance for them. Hope now you see different or i can give you my glasses.

I wait posts about CAS i dont see any words from you about that, that is broken or not balanced. So pls, you cannot hold me in lie, coz i dont lie about it.

23 Feb 2018, 19:31 PM

Permanently Banned
This is one of the few game mechanics I would get rid of because it just doesn't bring anything exiting to the game and doesn't require any type of tactical thinking or effort to use. It would be much more interesting if planes were all used in "strafe mode" which requires a lot more skill and timing to pull off, keeping this in mind these abilities would have to have a reduced cost or would have to have a damage buff.

I find it super funny how some people on other threads like, lets say, british emplacement threads say "just remove them" and then in this thread say "just use AA ht"...

Tell me , what the problem you see or have with each types of planes. If thay are OP or bad, write why.

23 Feb 2018, 21:31 PM

Tell me , what the problem you see or have with each types of planes. If thay are OP or bad, write why.

The problem is the fact that most planes are loiters that last between 55 seconds and 75 seconds, that is 55 seconds, at least, that the map is denied to the enemy without any skill requirement and not to mention that it can kill units on top of that. Besides that these loiters don't follow a pattern, most have two planes while some have one, some are anti-tank or anti-inf and are expensive while others are anti-tank and anti-inf and are cheaper, sometimes the loiter is over and the plane decides to come back one more time and more stuff.

I think loiters should go not only because of the reasons said above but also because the factions themselves weren't designed with air play in mind. So in coh2 we have to work and make the game as balanced as we can with the things we have available and thus, as much as I don't want this, ignoring/reducing the relationship between air and ground units and removing loiters from te game is the only way to make air play balanced and skill based. If relic really wants that game mechanic we only have to hope they design factions with air play in mind for coh3 and give each faction a reliable mid game aa unit.
24 Feb 2018, 00:00 AM

Why not make loiter planes fly around abit before their first strafe? Then IF the player invested in AA they can counter it with minimal impact, but if not they reap what they sow. Loiters would be more efficient against an unprepared enemy but significantly less effective when the counter is present. Meanwhile the strafe would be cheaper and harder to use, but a skill shot which balances itself
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★