Login

russian armor

Make all Loiter plane abilities a lined strafe

22 Feb 2018, 09:49 AM

Reading this thread makes me sad. Not that don't agree with the complaint, it's just that it seems like it's impossible to have a game that is both competitively balanced and fun at the same time. :(

22 Feb 2018, 13:59 PM

I mean... At least you need LOS for them now eh? 180-240mu to contribute to/againat a push isnt something you can do all the time...
22 Feb 2018, 14:29 PM

Well stuka loiter can kill your aa units pretty fast so yeah..
22 Feb 2018, 15:14 PM
Donator 11

Is there a way to have the speeds of the plane varied depending on where the skill is called in on the map?

If we standardized the time it take for the plane to get there than we can balance single strafe runs, drop the costs of the abilities, and reduce their overvalue effectiveness. Another thing you'd have to consider is the use of AA vehicles since loiters are out or if they should serve as the main role.

I do love a good skill plane however.
22 Feb 2018, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2018, 09:49 AMzarok47

White's cheating! Fix bugs plz. Ban white.
22 Feb 2018, 17:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

White's cheating! Fix bugs plz. Ban white.

White opening OP.

Step 1: Make all loiter planes skill planes.
Step 2: Make all planes first arrive to target location and loiter around before delivering it's payload. Bombing runs might or not be included.
Step 3: Once the plane is on the called area, the player has X amount of time to select an area he wants to strafe. For the current loiter planes, it's a matter of increasing the loitering duration and setting a specific amount of times you can use the strafe.
22 Feb 2018, 19:58 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2018, 06:07 AMwuff
Just because something can be countered doesn't make it good design. And even with counters I've seen loiters last their entire duration.

The fact is loiters require almost no player input while basically being a full on assault on their own, denying large amounts of territory and normally causing a full on retreat.

Players can hope an AA unit will knock out the loiter but most of the time it is not reliable and you'll end up losing units waiting for the AA to do its job.

+1
23 Feb 2018, 00:06 AM

Permanently Banned
@@@I feel like a good example of this is the Advanced Warfare Doc for Soviets. This doc had a strafe for the IL2 Sturmovik attacks instead of a loiter. While this ability is still strong it is much more situational when compared to the loitering.@@@@

Yes, try to hit 1-2 models with that strafe taht cost 120 muni, that ability is even more broken than skill planes.

Adapt to patch and use AA units.
Loiter need change a litle, but with you changes, game lose all strafe.
How i must use Advanced Warfare Doc in big map ? What you can hit at Stepps map ? Better have planes like this, then dont have them.
23 Feb 2018, 00:08 AM

Permanently Banned
With all this changes, game will be empty, coz some players are lame to use counter units or ability.
23 Feb 2018, 08:22 AM

if plane was made to be controlled like any other unit in the game.
23 Feb 2018, 08:59 AM

Adapt to patch and use AA units.

You cried OP about old CAS and now it's "adapt" when il-2 is OP.
Never change vasa.
23 Feb 2018, 10:03 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 08:59 AMzarok47

Never change vasa.

He's right tho. When P47s were super sick, i always brought late game FLAK HT and got it to vet 3-5 easy, didnt even bother to move it out of save cover Kappa
23 Feb 2018, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 10:03 AMd0ggY

He's right tho. When P47s were super sick, i always brought late game FLAK HT and got it to vet 3-5 easy, didnt even bother to move it out of save cover Kappa

You are talking about the first Iteration of the ability?
I remember the one where to avoid it you had to press stop and watch almost all missiles miss to the sides.
23 Feb 2018, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 10:03 AMd0ggY

So bring back old CAS (commander and ability). Balance by giving both sides bullshit.
Throw in arty cover for good measure, since you can just leave the area.
23 Feb 2018, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 12:55 PMzarok47

So bring back old CAS (commander and ability). Balance by giving both sides bullshit.
Throw in arty cover for good measure, since you can just leave the area.

I would add first iterastion of Air Superiority for a good measure.
23 Feb 2018, 13:15 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 08:59 AMzarok47

Never change vasa.

Old CAS wipe full tanks, taht was the problem, i write about it. Also problem was that soviet before AA patch buff have 0 chance to shoot planes without is-2 or isu-152.
In this path IL-2 cannot wipe full squad. That the different.
I write about it, not cried, its you cry how OP are maxims, make them balanced, and than dont play with maxims, coz unit are perfectly balanced (c). So pls, you hypocrits are in same level like you maxim class play.
You look at problem from one side, i dont see any post from you taht need balance CAS or il-2 early, i dont see post that need change p-47. So pls, you politic of double standart are tupical like in politics.
Also we can back to old times, if you like so tru. Why soviet have only 1 plane, all another have 2. So waht plane are EZ to shoot ? I dont see that you write about it.
I dont see that you write about OKW AA at base.
So ye, Zarok never change with his lies.
23 Feb 2018, 13:19 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 12:39 PMKatitof

You are talking about the first Iteration of the ability?
I remember the one where to avoid it you had to press stop and watch almost all missiles miss to the sides.

That change fact that p47 was useless ? Why you mate Zarok dont talk about this problem ? Why you dont insult him liek another users for stupid words ? KappaPride brothership ? Or wait, maybe you support him in idea taht old CAS doc was balanced ?
23 Feb 2018, 13:24 PM

That change fact that p47 was useless ? Why you mate Zarok dont talk about this problem ? Why you dont insult him liek another users for stupid words ? KappaPride brothership ? Or wait, maybe you support him in idea taht old CAS doc was balanced ?

He is in the inner circle.
I Insult him personally through steam and discord.
Also, we aren't hive mind and have different issues with the game as well as different opinions on some Balance matters.
23 Feb 2018, 13:28 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2018, 13:24 PMKatitof

He is in the inner circle.
I Insult him personally through steam and discord.
Also, we aren't hive mind and have different issues with the game as well as different opinions on some Balance matters.

If you write about balance here and criticizing others, make same here with you friends i dont see different, we all here are same users levels exept mod abuse and people who have more rights here.
23 Feb 2018, 13:38 PM

If you write about balance here and criticizing others, make same here with you friends i dont see different, we all here are same users levels exept mod abuse and people who have more rights here.

He pointed out a bit of hypocrisy.
I giggled irl and agreed.
I am not talking about p47 because I havent used it for ages and, contrary to 90% of People around here, I do not like to talk about stuff I cant even properly remember or have not used for years(have not played with paratroopers for 2 years I guess).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★