Login

russian armor

OKW infantry anti-tank is not sufficient

PAGES (8)down
27 Feb 2018, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 10:06 AMEsxile

As a matter of fact, OKW is the factions with the most numerous dedicated AT options in the game, from Pzfaust to Jtiger and this not counting the KT or SturmTiger which counter pretty much everything with disregard of being on foot or on wheel.

you dont get the subject, right? we talk about lack of handheld at for okw. every verhicles is countert easily by AT guns. so okw need a NON-VERHICLE AT option.

REMINDER:

so lets fight 10 matches you get only jpz4 and i get only a jackson. and than we see who big the impact of skill will set to the fight.

I think this is how it's gonna go down... you'll see the enemy jackson, and you'll be able to fire 1-2 shots before it's my turn and flank you.

i bet 10 bugs
27 Feb 2018, 12:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 10:06 AMEsxile

As a matter of fact, OKW is the factions with the most numerous dedicated AT options in the game, from Pzfaust to Jtiger and this not counting the KT or SturmTiger which counter pretty much everything with disregard of being on foot or on wheel.

Guys, guys, it's fiiine for OKW's AT to suck ass because they get a lot of AT that sucks ass.
This sure is one strong argument and not misleading at all.

Oh, and KT and sturmtuger countering everything is definitely a spicy meme in itself.
27 Feb 2018, 12:52 PM

Guys, guys, it's fiiine for OKW's AT to suck ass because they get a lot of AT that sucks ass.

Oh, and KT and sturmtuger countering everything is definitely a spicy meme in itself.

Why do you think allied TDs got buffs and KT nerfs?
It actually WAS countering everything.

Now, since shrecks are not going back to volks, would you people be fine with them on Obers instead then spios if you complain that spios are so overburdened?

Modders already explained bazillion times that OKW is not getting shrecks on volks nor its getting regular ATG, because OKW and ost are already too similar to each other post all revamps.
27 Feb 2018, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 12:52 PMKatitof

Modders already explained bazillion times that OKW is not getting shrecks on volks nor its getting regular ATG, because OKW and ost are already too similar to each other post all revamps.

Patch decisions are made by Relic not the moders.

Can we have a quote either by Relic or the moders pls?
27 Feb 2018, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 13:02 PMVipper

Yes, if you will look for it.
Amoung Mr.Smiths posts if I recall correctly.

If you are lucky, you will have to go only through couple of hundred between his .org and official forum posts to find it.

If you need secretary, employ one.

Oh and if you have missed the memo, for over a year changes and reasons for them are being made and explained by modders, relic only sets and acknowledges the scope and agrees to changes.
27 Feb 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 13:02 PMVipper

What about you provide that quote instead of forcing others to do your bidding? It'll be more productive than luring people into having to go through MrSmiths posts one by one to just validate something that has already been debated by the modders to death.
27 Feb 2018, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 12:52 PMKatitof

Why do you think allied TDs got buffs and KT nerfs?
It actually WAS countering everything.

Now, since shrecks are not going back to volks, would you people be fine with them on Obers instead then spios if you complain that spios are so overburdened?

KT doesn't have the range to counter everything, but that's irrelevant for this topic.

Not a single person here is advocating for volk shreckblobs to return, the only people I see bringing it up are the ones who think current terrible OKW AT is fine because OKW used to have cancerous AT in the past.

Can't put em on obers scince they arrive way too late. Making a pgren clone unit with ober models should do the job just fine.
Also raketen needs to be changed into a proper ATG out of a sorry excuse of a unit only good for scouting and sniping artillery inside enemy's base.
27 Feb 2018, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 13:06 PMKatitof

Amoung Mr.Smiths posts if I recall correctly.

If you are lucky, you will have to go only through couple of hundred between his .org and official forum posts to find it.

Since according to you there are "bazillion", you should have no trouble finding one.

If you want to speak on behalf of Relic or the Modders you will have to quote them or it did not happen the same way the +25 fuel for OKW vehicles due to veterancy 5 did not happen.

What about you provide that quote instead of forcing others to do your bidding? It'll be more productive than luring people into having to go through MrSmiths posts one by one to just validate something that has already been debated by the modders to death.

I am not forcing anyone to do anything. I post my opinion on forum and back it up with arguments.

When I point out the intention of Relic I quote patch notes or other sources.

Others pretend to speak on behalf of Relic and modders.
27 Feb 2018, 13:59 PM

Get off your high horse, nobody pretends to speak on behalf of Relic or modders in this thread - that is a wild groundless accusation. If you say you back up arguments, there's countless you never back up yourself, including this one. You're just derailing the thread from its intended topic.
27 Feb 2018, 14:12 PM

1-Panzerfaust does suck ass? it works as any snare in game.
2-Mine used by OKW does suck ass? it works as any mine in game.
3-Panzershrek does suck ass? it pens majority of allied front medium tanks.
4-Raketen does suck ass? it pens majority of allied front medium tanks and has a gimmick camo to compensate lower range.
5-Puma does suck ass? it pens majority of allied front medium tanks while is main function is to counter light tanks.
6-Jpz4 does suck ass? it pens majority of allied front medium tanks and once vetted can counter anything field by the allies.
7-Panther does suck ass? it pens anything allied war machine can field.
8-Jtiger does suck ass? it pens anything allied war machine can field.
9-Pack41 does suck ass? it pens anything allied war machine can field.

OKW anti tank weapons are many and dedicated, that's how the faction is designed, of course it is completely different with USF or Soviet which have less AT solutions but more flexibility. You don't like it, well me too, so I play USF.

27 Feb 2018, 14:38 PM

OKW has not one single good non-verhicle handheld AT unit.
27 Feb 2018, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 14:12 PMEsxile

5-Puma does suck ass? it pens majority of allied front medium tanks while is main function is to counter light tanks.

Puma does not penetrate the majority of allied mediums frontally because it has low penetration and accuracy far and low moving modifiers.

It needs to close to range 30-10 to penetrate mediums frontally and even then does 120 damage.
27 Feb 2018, 18:21 PM

Puma should swap buildings with ir half-track.
27 Feb 2018, 23:51 PM

>Topic about the fact that OKW lacks proper AT and that's a real balance issue
>Instant reply that you can build a TD in T4 so it's somehow fine (lolwut?)
>jp4 is really lackluster and it doesn't even adress the topic's point. Also jackson is a thing
>lol just cover jp's flanks, it's ez pz if ur good
>The whole topic is literally about how OKW's non-vehicle based AT sucks therefore you can't cover anything properly

Welp, looks like the circle of braindead fanboyism is finally complete. Shall we start again then?

Never underestimate Katitof's ability to bring up something irrelevant to avoid buffing axis.
28 Feb 2018, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2018, 09:30 AMVipper

The vet bonus of M36 is at vet 2 not vet 3.

fair enough,

but since there's no vet 3 sight bonus, the original point still stand.

who make head on head fight with a jackson vs a jpz4? you can easily flank him and kill the jp4 with get only 1-2 hits.

and you get make the same argument about anything against anything. Even the t70 will kill a lone king tiger in a vacuum.

flank protection is one of the most fundamental part of gameplay.
28 Feb 2018, 03:07 AM

My suggestion would be to test giving the VGs the option (after unlocking their second truck) to upgrade with AT and to replace 2 of their K98 with panzerfaust that would be fired as normal AT weapon and not as ability.

The Panzerfaust should probably have to be weaker than bazooka long range but stronger in range bellow 20.

That would allow OKW to defend from medium/light rush while the AT VG would have very limited AI and they will not be not be easy to be bloded.
28 Feb 2018, 07:05 AM

and you get make the same argument about anything against anything. Even the t70 will kill a lone king tiger in a vacuum.

flank protection is one of the most fundamental part of gameplay.

i bet 10 bugs (again) that you only win vs a totally micro noob with t70 vs KT.. a noob who dont know that he can move the chassie from the KT and only turn the turrent....
1 Mar 2018, 00:12 AM

It sounds like Axis players arent ok with their 1st shot insta pen that is also the only AT that can go in building. The solution is not "give shrek to volks because we've seen that movie already. The tactic was blob volks together and give them shreks. With that they would hit vehicles and basically rush to vet 5. At vet 5 you now have a unit that can counter both tanks and inf, with their AT always landing the 1st shot at range. Combine that with blobing and you have a game that is way to uneven in favor of Axis.
1 Mar 2018, 02:59 AM

i bet 10 bugs (again) that you only win vs a totally micro noob with t70 vs KT.. a noob who dont know that he can move the chassie from the KT and only turn the turrent....

do you have any actual argument?

Ad hominem is not a valid argument.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment