Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger post-nerf

13 Feb 2018, 19:21 PM

It would of been fine if they just nerfed the range so it couldnt be fired from out of LOS. I mean it could one shot a pershing or comet if they had any damage at all and could one shot multiple mediums at once (if not they were badly damaged with engine crit easily moped up by any form of AT what so ever).

The biggest problem was just KNOWING it is on the field now I have to constantly worry about a squad/tanks wiping rocket going off at anytime because I have no idea where it is. Like you couldnt even fight the opposing teams infantry because you cant stay in one spot.

The avre is fine especially now it has to make a EXACT direct hit to wipe a squad, also the squad pretty much has to be bunched up and also I belive its health was nerfed a bit as well as the croc version why the regular church remained the same makes it easier to kill/defend against.

I havent really seen others using it in 2v2 now, but i mean i never see anyone using the kv2 either and its been that way for ages. I think both should be more like the current avre, either you utilize smart set ups by using LOS blockers, but at least it cannot fire directly on you from out of LOS that was what made the Sturm broken as shit, as well as the crit AOE was way too large similiar to the stuka bomb drop where everything in circle is insta wiped
13 Feb 2018, 22:40 PM

Normal Infantry and tank LoS: 35
ST pre nerf: 45
ST post nerf: 40

I would keep it's pre nerf cost for starter, but it will always remain a cheese unit due to it's nature.

Idk where you're getting your numbers from, I am sure I've had enemy inf spot my ST outside of its firing range and scatter.
13 Feb 2018, 22:41 PM

This unit, including AVRE, should not be in the game just like snipers and British emplacement should not be in the game. These units feel the same to me like the bought veterancy of the old Ost commander and the 0cp vet 2 riflemen call ins; complete and utter gimmicks that are bad for gameplay.

Let it stay exactly where it is now! Let's hope we never see it again.
13 Feb 2018, 22:56 PM

I don't know when the last time you played was, but for the last 6-12 months, the Sturmtiger has had a significantly lower firing range than any infantry LOS radius.

First of all its range was nerfed 2 months ago and that was from 45 to 40. Glancing at the changelog could've told you that. Then there's the fact that most infantry in the game have a sight range of 35.

Edit: Just saw someone else corrected you too. All you need to do is look at relic's changelog

Things like pathfinders can spot it from beyond its range. They have 50 sight range, but that's one of their essential purposes. If your ST got spotted from beyond normal infantry los than something else revealed it.
14 Feb 2018, 00:21 AM

First of all its range was nerfed 2 months ago and that was from 45 to 40. Glancing at the changelog could've told you that. Then there's the fact that most infantry in the game have a sight range of 35.

Edit: Just saw someone else corrected you too. All you need to do is look at relic's changelog

Things like pathfinders can spot it from beyond its range. They have 50 sight range, but that's one of their essential purposes. If your ST got spotted from beyond normal infantry los than something else revealed it.

I wasn't saying that the range of the Sturmtiger had been changed in this latest patch. I was saying that with the ST's current range, the only real way to use it effectively was to conceal it behind a building or other sight blocker, otherwise the unit is only effective against unskilled players.

I can however admit that maybe its range is slightly greater than infantry LoS radius, but not by a significant margin and even then in most situations the unit can be entirely countered with some basic noob-level micro.
14 Feb 2018, 05:20 AM

I wasn't saying that the range of the Sturmtiger had been changed in this latest patch.

You said it had been changed 6-12 months ago. In reality until 2 months ago, it could still fire through los blockers so it didn't matter about the range of the rocket with respect to spotting.

I can however admit that maybe its range is slightly greater than infantry LoS radius, but not by a significant margin and even then in most situations the unit can be entirely countered with some basic noob-level micro.

What do you mean maybe? It definitely outranges most infantry sight, when you claimed it was significantly lower. That was a major part of your argument, because no amount of micro will save your unit if the rocket is fired from beyond your los.

The last patched nerfed reworked a lot of units and abilities that involved cheesy wiping potential. Demo charges, Avre, SturmTiger, Gammons, Stuka dive bomb all changed. I hate blobs as much as anyone, but these things can be just as effective at erasing single full health vet 3 squads and its undesireable for everyone for single mouse clicks to delete units you've been spending the whole game trying to keep alive.
14 Feb 2018, 05:28 AM

The sturmtiger isn't unless lol, the sturmtiger before patch was OP and could fire it from max range without even being seen by your opponents. You could max range wipe tanks in the fog of war out of their LOS with ease and is considered unfair. post patch the sturmtiger is harder to use due the its new short range of 40 which was needed to bring it inline with all allied tanks. The St is still a useful tank saying its unless before the patch is a utter joke LUL.

https://youtu.be/sgbu_JKtxfA?t=54m5s that youtube link is to a game cast where i got the ST to vet 5, it took longer due to the map and its new nerfs. buts its still possible to use it if opponent has brain delay Kappa
14 Feb 2018, 06:44 AM

Normal Infantry and tank LoS: 35
ST pre nerf: 45
ST post nerf: 40

I would keep it's pre nerf cost for starter, but it will always remain a cheese unit due to it's nature.

Yeah...you only forget vets on unit which incrase the view range from most units...
14 Feb 2018, 07:38 AM

Yeah...you only forget vets on unit which incrase the view range from most units...

Not really. Infantry sections and volks are the only mainlines who get a sight buff, and they have to be in cover/buildings for it to take effect. Then after that its pretty much only scout infantry that get em, like pathfinders and jaeger lites and snipers. None of which are any threat to vehicles at all aside from acting as spotters.

Riflemen, conscripts, grens, pgrens, shocks, guards, paratroopers, US officers, obers, falls all get zero sight range buffs with vet. Care to explain how its most of the infantry? And it's all non-AT infantry who do get them.
14 Feb 2018, 12:36 PM

Most units, like what?
Only unit with sight range vet which have only 35 sight range are tommies.
14 Feb 2018, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 12:36 PMKatitof

Most units, like what?
Only unit with sight range vet which have only 35 sight range are tommies.

No tommies are not the only unit starting with sight 35 and getting a sight bonus via veterancy.

That include:
Volksgrenadiers
MG34 Heavy Machine Gun Team
Vickers HMG

Vehicles:
T-70
M5/M16 MGMC Halftrack(USF)
UC
M3 Half-track
Stuart
SdKfz 251 Half-track
OKW PzIV
OKW Panther
Luch
Sturmtiger

Bofors 'Ack Ack' Emplacement
Flammpanzer 38t "Hetzer"
14 Feb 2018, 13:10 PM
14 Feb 2018, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 13:03 PMVipper

No tommies are not the only unit starting with sight 35 and getting a sight bonus via veterancy.

That include:
Volksgrenadiers
MG34 Heavy Machine Gun Team
Vickers HMG

Vehicles:
T-70
M5/M16 MGMC Halftrack(USF)
UC
M3 Half-track
Stuart
SdKfz 251 Half-track
OKW PzIV
OKW Panther
Luch
Sturmtiger

Bofors 'Ack Ack' Emplacement
Flammpanzer 38t "Hetzer"

Why have you listed axis vehicles in an argument about allied units spotting ST?
Are you doing that many axis vs axis customs?
Point for the remaining allied ones.
14 Feb 2018, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 16:47 PMKatitof

Why have you listed axis vehicles in an argument about allied units spotting ST?
Are you doing that many axis vs axis customs?
Point for the remaining allied ones.

In responce of what you wrote which is incorrect:
"Only unit with sight range vet which have only 35 sight range are tommies."

I give you at least 15 unit that meet your condition and almost half of them are allied.

This would be much simpler if you simply admit that what you wrote is incorrect.
14 Feb 2018, 17:02 PM

Yeah, late game people use infantry and only infantry to spot.

It's not like there's a ton of units and abilities that perform recon in one way or another.

The stats that matter are the base sight range of select infantry squads at arbitrary points in the game. That way, the amount of forum posts you can rack up are SO. MANY.
14 Feb 2018, 17:10 PM

The ST can delete most vetted allied squads from beyond their sight range. That is a fact, and its all that's relevant to this discussion. The suggestion that MOST units get a sight range buff is just wrong, most of them cannot spot the ST without already being in range.

But beyond that I want to hear a genuine explanation of why we need these click-to-wipe units in the game. Blob busting is fun, but as I said they are more often used to wipe single unsuspecting squads. It could do that with ease up until 2 months ago. In live version it still can fire from beyond most infantry los.

14 Feb 2018, 17:18 PM

Yeah, late game people use infantry and only infantry to spot.

It's not like there's a ton of units and abilities that perform recon in one way or another.

The stats that matter are the base sight range of select infantry squads at arbitrary points in the game. That way, the amount of forum posts you can rack up are SO. MANY.

There are actually many units and abilities that perform recon, (for soviet stock unit probably there more units that can recon than those that can not) I will simply name the Soviet ones:

trip wire flare Conscripts/CE
Sniper/ sniper flare
M3a1
Pm-41 flare
Zis trucking
T-70 reckon mode/sight buff
SU-76 tracking
SU-85 tracking/ focus sight

On topic as I posted before ST and Avre need a redesign adding utility instead of one shooting things.

14 Feb 2018, 18:00 PM

I apologize, my sarcasm did not translate well into that above post. I should've known at least one of you would have responded in such a manner.
15 Feb 2018, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 11:17 AMVipper
ST can be redesigning to act more like in real life. A counter to fortification.

In game it can be redesign to counter emplacement and have bonus damage vs building as AVRE has.

Well, a 400mp mortar pit can survive a sturmtiger rocket without bracing so theres certainly room for improvement on that front
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★