Login

russian armor

Rebalancing Sniper Counter for Ostheer

5 Feb 2018, 21:53 PM

I guess, many people have seen 1 or 2 sowjet-snipers, who are unbeatable, no 222 can chase em, even the Ostwind cant rape em.

My Idea for better balance would be to let them get more dmg when retreating, or just remake some Acc. for the 222, its the classic sniper counter, but cant kill them.

Some fun for u:

[replay] thats-why-karl-is-number-one.rec[/replay]

:loco:
5 Feb 2018, 22:25 PM

5 Feb 2018, 22:59 PM

I mean, the 222 already got more accuracy against snipers if they didn't patch it out without any kind of noticing by myself.
6 Feb 2018, 02:42 AM

I'm afraid this is an l2p issue.
6 Feb 2018, 06:05 AM

Yeah, the 222 being better against snipers would really be a good idea.
And I say that as someone whos been recently having a lot of success, with one and later on two soviet snipers, protected by three cons
6 Feb 2018, 06:44 AM

Improve 222 anti-sniper capabilities and everything will be fine
6 Feb 2018, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2018, 22:25 PMmadin2
No, just no!

I found a sniper abuser
6 Feb 2018, 08:07 AM

Improve 222 anti-sniper capabilities and everything will be fine

Yea, exatly my Opinion..

To the Guys who think, its a rage Thread, watch the Replay, compare it to others, and tell me again thats fair.

U cant counter it at the moment
6 Feb 2018, 09:00 AM

The 222 uses a small AOE right? So accuracy would only help so much and then it might end up being OP (20 damage per shot iirc) so what about just having snipers take ~10% more damage from the 222 instead? See where that goes and increase/decrease as needed.
6 Feb 2018, 09:38 AM

The 222 uses a small AOE right? So accuracy would only help so much and then it might end up being OP (20 damage per shot iirc) so what about just having snipers take ~10% more damage from the 222 instead? See where that goes and increase/decrease as needed.

The cannon does jack shit vs infantry, it's the pintle mg that does the work.

Right now, the mg has a 0.75 accuray modifer vs snipers, ergo, it sucks.
6 Feb 2018, 10:07 AM

U cant counter it at the moment

I agree that the 222 deserves some additional anti sniper power buff. They have done it in the past already (along with all other scout cars), but it wasn't enough on 222 since it only affects the coaxial MG (I think), not the 2cm gun.

This "2x soviet sniper with inf wall in front of it" strategy is boring and cancerous, however it is not unbeatable. Imo the best counter strats are for OST: G43 gren spam and constantly flank with sprint burst. If you are afraid your micro isnt good enough, then just get a huge G43 gren BLOB and use tactical movement. (Lightning War Doctrine)

... and OKW: Valiant assault spam. Since the patch it is very accessible(70 mun only), and a duration of 45sec followed by 15sec cooldown is just insane.

Btw

watch the Replay

What replay? :snfPeter:
6 Feb 2018, 12:11 PM

The cannon does jack shit vs infantry, it's the pintle mg that does the work.

Right now, the mg has a 0.75 accuray modifer vs snipers, ergo, it sucks.

I think the main issue is that the 222 relies on the coax MG for doing damage for infantry, and its not very scary due to its nature of doing only incremental damage and you do not have to worry very much about dropping models. At the very least, the MG's moving accuracy should be increased to 0.75 from 0.5 to make it more useful as a chaser (right now it cannot hit anything when on the move).

Buffing the cannon's consistency against infantry in general could work for the 222 by increasing the the accuracy vs (chance to hit) vs infantry in open, light and negative cover by 3x (this would give it a chance of 9% to 15% to hit a model far/near) to but at the same time halving the damage modifier under these circumstances since each shot does 40 damage and halves a models health bar in one shot. This is needed since the 222 already has a high chance for a hit against vehicles and you cannot buff that directly.

It would buff/make more consistent the DPS against infantry by occasional direct hits by the 2cm (in COH1, the main 2cm cannon was contributing to the DPS by hittin now and then) and infantry would have to be more wary in its vicinity rather just yolo charging it for a snare.

The armor could also use a buff to 15/15 since its a largely a hit and run unit and once LMGs hit the field, it melts even to infantry fire.

I would also replace its useless Vet 1 ability with Blitz or something of the sort that boosts its speed/accuracy and reduces the chance to be hit, which would help it to get out of trouble or perform harassment more successfully.
6 Feb 2018, 13:06 PM

Btw

What replay? :snfPeter:

sry, was something wrong before, here:

6 Feb 2018, 14:19 PM

Bring back the old 221 with a munitions upgrade to 222.
6 Feb 2018, 14:37 PM

Bring back the old 221 with a munitions upgrade to 222.

That does not actually work because 90 munition it simply too much as an investment for a unit that dies very easily and especially for Ostheer who need all their mu just to stay competitive.

221 and 222 can be both build-able and/or the upgrade can cost manpower/fuel.

Then road will be open then for the 221 to serve as counter to armored cars/sniper and 222 as soft counter to light tanks.
6 Feb 2018, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2018, 14:37 PMVipper

That does not actually work because 90 munition it simply too much.

221 and 222 can be both build-able and/or the upgrade can cost manpower/fuel.

Then road will be open for the 221 to serve as counter to armored cars/sniper and 222 as soft counter to light tanks.

That's fine, these are just details. I think having the 221 as a sniper counter is better than messing around with the 222 any further.
6 Feb 2018, 15:01 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

sry, was something wrong before, here:

Thing is: Team games are a very bad comparsion for balance related issues
6 Feb 2018, 15:10 PM

That's fine, these are just details. I think having the 221 as a sniper counter is better than messing around with the 222 any further.

Well, maybe a 221 can be introduced separately as a cheaper variant in an earlier Tier, with little or no fuel costs, seeing how OST struggles with clown cars and universal carriers, not to mention early Allied OP infantry. But its a sensitive thing to do. The unit would have very little useful time and would get obsolate soon. Upgradeability however is a no-go IMO since if spammed, you would see sudden power spikes like Volks Stg44 upgrade, turning a lot of cheap and spammable weak units into something else.
6 Feb 2018, 15:25 PM

I think 222s already have +15% accuracy with its' MG against snipers.

The thing is, if it gets buffed the brit sniper will melt down insanely fast for example.

Making the unit more vulnerable in retreat would make other units too good against them.

Anyone got ideas to that which wouldn't actually effect the UKF sniper?
6 Feb 2018, 15:26 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Well, maybe a 221 can be introduced separately as a cheaper variant in an earlier Tier, with little or no fuel costs, seeing how OST struggles with clown cars and universal carriers, not to mention early Allied OP infantry. But its a sensitive thing to do. The unit would have very little useful time and would get obsolate soon. Upgradeability however is a no-go IMO since if spammed, you would see sudden power spikes like Volks Stg44 upgrade, turning a lot of cheap and spammable weak units into something else.

Actually not a bad idea. Funny thing that came to my mind aswell: Why not turn the SdKfz 250 into a counter for light vehicles by giving it a Panzerbüchse or something like that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★