Login

russian armor

Coh2 USF rifle company and E8

15 Jan 2018, 21:54 PM

What do you guys think of the us forces rifle company and E8 i think He is the best USF commander after DBP
15 Jan 2018, 22:10 PM

I think recon and airborne are the best usf commanders. Recon let's go lieutenant vs okw. Airborne let's get a 50 cal with captain. Recon has the greyhound which is like the luchs.
15 Jan 2018, 22:39 PM

team game: infatry rifleman, pershing
1 vs 1: pershing, recon,mecha
16 Jan 2018, 08:30 AM

Overall still a really good commander.
- RE flamethrowers are good on city maps
- Sprint to flank HMGs but I would like to see the debuff removed.
- White phosphorus barrage won me many many many games when correctly used. It comes so fast that usually your enemy cannot retreat fast enough his troops from the location without having then under 5-10hp/model. And its quite cheap (130mu)
- Rifle flare is good, I spam them on certain campy maps with dual Scott to clean enemy defenses.
- Ez8 is a great tank. Imo the error I see often from players picking this commander is to build a Ez8 as a first tank. If you are late/dominated and need a good generalist AT tank to counter already fielded tanks, yes build it first. But if the game is balanced and your opponent didn't build any tank yet, a regular sherman 10x more interesting, here again in combo with the white phosphorus barrage. WP barrage + sherman IA round and you'll clean anything that try to retreat in front of you. This is why I said WP won me many games :D
16 Jan 2018, 08:56 AM

I think recon and airborne are the best usf commanders. Recon let's go lieutenant vs okw. Airborne let's get a 50 cal with captain. Recon has the greyhound which is like the luchs.

:clap:
16 Jan 2018, 19:03 PM

I honestly find the E8 really awful, but I think I'm alone on that one.

Airborn is my go to.
16 Jan 2018, 19:27 PM

Infantry/Airborne(or recon)/rifle
17 Jan 2018, 16:50 PM

Personal opinion is that Rifle Company is probably the best/hidden commander for USF at the moment.

Removal of Smoke means sprint became that much better
Removal of Smoke means flares became that much better
Jackson can combo with new E8
White Posph comes in real early in CP for what it does
Flamethrowers are always useful and makes your Rear Echelon support that much better

I've been trying out tactics with Airborne, Pathfinder is still utterly worthless. Although the P-47 rocket strafe is amazing now, it's very situational. It apparently can't hit stugs (Which is what Ostheer spams) and you basically bank on 12 CPs and horde your muni's (which can be a bad thing for USF). On the flipside Airborne infantry are awesome and bypassing tier tech is nice.

Anyone feel like Airborne with LMG's actually suck? I don't know what it is but despite having 2 LMG's and firing on the move I don't seem to kill anything with them. Then on the flipside them with Thompsons destroy anything. It's like a contradiction I don't understand. Maybe I've just been getting unlucky. Haven't fooled around with Recon, but it seems pretty good.
17 Jan 2018, 17:38 PM

Personal opinion is that Rifle Company is probably the best/hidden commander for USF at the moment.

Flamethrowers are always useful and makes your Rear Echelon support that much better

I've been trying out tactics with Airborne, Pathfinder is still utterly worthless. Although the P-47 rocket strafe is amazing now, it's very situational. It apparently can't hit stugs (Which is what Ostheer spams) and you basically bank on 12 CPs and horde your muni's (which can be a bad thing for USF). On the flipside Airborne infantry are awesome and bypassing tier tech is nice.

Anyone feel like Airborne with LMG's actually suck? I don't know what it is but despite having 2 LMG's and firing on the move I don't seem to kill anything with them. Then on the flipside them with Thompsons destroy anything. It's like a contradiction I don't understand. Maybe I've just been getting unlucky. Haven't fooled around with Recon, but it seems pretty good.
Yeah personally i extremly like E8 combo with the durable jackson now they will be crazy and USF has lets just say better stuff without commadner than commander for exable m7 mines that rear echelons have are in my opinion are better than the m5 cuz are cheaper faster blanded doesnt ttake time for riflemen and they actually do a bit more damage if oyu plant 3 together that cost 30 than a one m5 mine or sandbags are worst in cover cuz they can be crashed and need more time to build
17 Jan 2018, 17:44 PM

Paratrooper lmgs are garbage on the move.
Most weapons do ~50% damage on the move, some semi auto weapons such as carbines and garands do even better.

Paratrooper lmgs do 15-20% damage on the move compared to stationary. Pretend they only fire when stationary and they will perform better as they are only as good as at best carbines while moving.
17 Jan 2018, 17:49 PM

LMGs combo well with the Pathfinder snipe, Paras up front and Pathdfingers behind, scouting let's you find good cover or angles to attack. Just hit them from max range, your Carbines, Cooked Grenades and Surpressive Fire can defend you from assault units, while using beacons to keep the Paratroopers in the frontlines and healthy once they self-heal at Vet2.
17 Jan 2018, 19:01 PM

if we talking about teamgames then if someone spam panzers in urban maps then yes this commander is awesome but in different scenerio i think this tank is decent because its not great against heavy armor or tank destroyers and not that great against infantry. Normal sherman and jackson is better combo i guess
Best commander is heavy cavalry if u want good armor
in super late 2 jacksons and pershing are great with that ability combined arms

For me e8 should get 45 range and costs something around 150 fuel that would be nice
17 Jan 2018, 19:15 PM

if we talking about teamgames then if someone spam panzers in urban maps then yes this commander is awesome but in different scenerio i think this tank is decent because its not great against heavy armor or tank destroyers and not that great against infantry. Normal sherman and jackson is better combo i guess

For me e8 should get 45 range and costs something around 150 fuel that would be nice

It might be time to buff the E8 a bit, since the Upgunned Sherman is here, I love the new Mechanized so much.
18 Jan 2018, 11:55 AM

yes but you just spam E8 and E8 kills stug and jagpanzer tank destroyers cuz it has fast rate of fire and good armor than can bounce stugs and jagpanzers shots and riflemen sprint is good now that you dont have smoke oh and E8 is better infrantry killer than regural shemran to make regural sherman better you need to keep switching sheels
18 Jan 2018, 11:57 AM

It might be time to buff the E8 a bit, since the Upgunned Sherman is here, I love the new Mechanized so much.
I mean E8 is really good i dont want it to be more expensive than OKW p4 and it got a scatter nerf in DBP
18 Jan 2018, 12:13 PM

This exactly what is wrong with the Patches. They buff one unit/ability and in the next patch the new buff on units are based on the previously buff ones.

Example:

Ostheer was the benchmark and not most of their unit are left behind. E8s should not be buffed because of M4C. Both unis should be balanced in comparison with the Ostheer PzIV.
18 Jan 2018, 12:26 PM

Paratrooper lmgs are garbage on the move.
Most weapons do ~50% damage on the move, some semi auto weapons such as carbines and garands do even better.

Paratrooper lmgs do 15-20% damage on the move compared to stationary. Pretend they only fire when stationary and they will perform better as they are only as good as at best carbines while moving.

25% and most lmg's do 0 damage on the move (except obers, because obers..) so para's lmgs are very good.

It's just that thompsons upgrade "instagib" ability is too good to pass up.
18 Jan 2018, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 12:13 PMVipper

This exactly what is wrong with the Patches. They buff one unit/ability and in the next patch the new buff on units are based on the previously buff ones.

Example:

Ostheer was the benchmark and not most of their unit are left behind. E8s should not be buffed because of M4C. Both unis should be balanced in comparison with the Ostheer PzIV.

Shouldn't doctrinal units be better than stock ones?
18 Jan 2018, 15:13 PM

Shouldn't doctrinal units be better than stock ones?

Depends but they should still be balanced compared to benchmark.

Comparing across faction and especially when it come to faction design no.

Example:
18 Jan 2018, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 12:13 PMVipper

E8 should be better than m4c i guess and it would be really intresting compare e8 with comet and not with standard sherman or panzer 4
Just imagine e8 as a premium and expensive medium tank similar to comet with range 45 still with 720hp but maybe slihty better armor with cost maybe even 160 fuel
Less spamable but with better quality something like that
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS