Build 3-4 raketen.
??
Problem sovled.
20 Jan 2018, 22:58 PM

See enemy takes that doctrine.
Build 3-4 raketen.
??
Problem sovled.

rakettens get one shotted by it. They also have a hard time penetrating it frontally. Inb4 hurrdurr flank isu152 with cloaked raketten hurrr.

I like the new ISU152, it is in a good spot finally.
20 Jan 2018, 23:31 PM

rakettens get one shotted by it. They also have a hard time penetrating it frontally. Inb4 hurrdurr flank isu152 with cloaked raketten hurrr.

I like the new ISU152, it is in a good spot finally.

Good Spot
21 Jan 2018, 00:29 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Post #22 and appendix invised. Flaming of other users as well as indirect insult to the moderation team - and support of such - is not tolerated.

Stay on topic and omit ad hominem.
21 Jan 2018, 00:38 AM
Donator 11

The Isu has a long ass reload time which makes swapping targets (armor to inf or vice versa) rather hard to do. Its armor is limited and can be EZ PZ blitzed by p4 or panther for counter.

The pen on the gun isn't that great either so don't expect it to really do all that much

As it stands the ISU is a fair unit, its expensive, slow as dirt forward and turning, long reload time, can't spot for itself, low armor (in relation to similar tanks in game), and also doesn't squad wipe all that much yet feels like its doing decent damage.

I see what OP is saying about OKW having issues removing ISU's as they don't really have a throw away tank or a long range AT gun (unless it gets to vet or you cloak move it forward). Best case to deal with it would be a mixture of a single armor unit and inf push. ISU has to keep switching round and either deals with inf or your tanks. use tank for flank, get one shot of and then snare.

Edit: As a side note you can us rektens to cloak attack as they do get 1000 pen out of cloak if you wish.
21 Jan 2018, 11:19 AM

Thx to Kharn - at least an constructive post. Well, maybe its my personal view, but rakketen is risky, because of lots of bouncing shots and same I see with JP4, despite the "50% at max range" hitchance. I don't see that, maybe because you have to move in with JP4 somehow to follow the ISU.

I will test the solution with HEAT shells, don't know if it gives enough punch.

The difficulty is that it will often come with an SU85 buddy. ISU for the infantry, SU85 for the long-ranged AT, cons for snare.

On this site there's many people always complaining about KT always say "KT is uncounterable, KT never unsupported". Well technically no heavy tank should ever be diving into enemy territory unsupported, but when you use the same argument on their biased faces they start using rubbish arguments.

ISU is almost uncounterable in 1v1. Raketens, lul. They get instant wiped by 1 HE shell. Great way to throw MP and feed more Vet to the ISU.

I've beaten the ISU only when way ahead in terms of army size and fuel - using Command Panther and JP4 to counter it. But realistically you don't want to use less than 960mp and 360/365? fuel to counter an ISU.
21 Jan 2018, 11:38 AM

Use JT man. Doc unit vs doc unit.
How i like axis lovers posts, every soviet unit are better then axis, this vanilla storys OpieOP.

how i love your comments, every one of them has pudding grammar
21 Jan 2018, 12:30 PM

Permanently Banned

how i love your comments, every one of them has pudding grammar

I care about my gramma level :banana:
21 Jan 2018, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2018, 00:38 AMMittens
The Isu has a long ass reload time which makes swapping targets (armor to inf or vice versa) rather hard to do. Its armor is limited and can be EZ PZ blitzed by p4 or panther for counter.

The pen on the gun isn't that great either so don't expect it to really do all that much

ISU armor is 340, panther armor is 320, p4 pen is 125/115/110, thats 40% chance to pen at close range.

And ISU got 50% deflection damage, so even if pen was bad (it fucking isnt) it always deals damage.

And it wipes sqauds at will, it's perverted to watch.

So ye, congratulations, everything you said about the ISU is wrong.
21 Jan 2018, 13:55 PM

lul, brummbär wipes better
21 Jan 2018, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2018, 14:53 PMVipper

1) JP Penetration is 50% at max range

2) ISU-152 can does not have to change munition before engaging armor, the HE have does deflection damage and should be fired before switching. One can actually fire HE, then fire concrete piercing and then switch AP if needed.

3) Reload on its own is misleading if the units in question do different damage per shot.
oh fuck i did not know that, i was using the ISU wrong the last 10 games
21 Jan 2018, 16:00 PM

lul, brummbär wipes better

Not at 70 range.
22 Jan 2018, 08:50 AM

rakten are not really good choice vs isu.

only noobs will drive the ISU to front without support, which can see the rakten first (since patch they nerfed the detection radius)

and rakten have not the range to attack the isu behind line 2-3.

they have the range from normal mgs and infanty...dont forget that.

and than the huge change to miss/ dont penetrate.

a isu with guards and SU85 is really strong....and u need much more skill to deal with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★