Login

russian armor

The new patch

1 Jan 2018, 11:04 AM
Donator 11

Statistics are reality? of course. Just why does no one use IS-2? On paper, this is the best tank, in practice the worst. Most of all I'm amused by the pseudo buff in the last patch, which did not improve performance at all. And the pseudo nerf King Tiger - he wiped the squad, and continues to wipe

I think the scatter changes may couse more and more people to try and use IS-2 in the future. KT already has a fame of a good tank so it is used much more. It is more accessible as well. It is also important to note that KTs high damage per shot contributes a lot to its AoE profile meaning it still has easier time wiping squads.
1 Jan 2018, 13:01 PM

Maxims still suck . In team games as well.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2018, 00:11 AMGrumpy

No, but players can't A-move maxims like they could before, and flanking a MG, particularly a maxim with the narrow arc, is much easier than trying to flank a JT with a spotter.

Can you give it a rest? If my soviet enemy plays Maxims I am glad as hell because I don't have to deal with schwarzenegger Penals and annoying snipers.

A maxim? So what. As Ost, I have a great mortar, as OKW I have Sturmpioneers and Kübels that can cap around the map and win against cons with ease.

A Soviet T2 means Medic HQ as OKW is a must. Flak HT is my absolute favorite unit after the patch, and LeIGs can deal perfectly with support weapons. Fire them up or smoke them, everything is possible.

Amazing, everything you guys say is incorrect.

8 maxims. a-move. every map, vs every faction.

You can't flank maxims when I have more maxims than you have infantry.

And if you go mortars/isg's, I'll cap the map and destroy you with a t70/t34.
1 Jan 2018, 13:17 PM

I find it amusing at least that the 120mm which hasn't been changed (IIRC), and been argueable worst than the 82mm (consider the worst mortar or it might be the USF one atm) it is now suddenly OP.

Old post which might still apply.

Unless there's a ninja change somewhere or i'm missing a change, if you can barely micro your mortar, the default 82mm should be better, specially if you use barrage and vet 0 flares.

you forgott one huge thing and this is the trajectory. Every indirect firing unit aims at the point the squad is standing and the 120mm git a very high trajectory so the time the shell is landing is significant higher than the time of other mortars.
1 Jan 2018, 13:40 PM

The 120 mm has the biggest auto-fire range and can take out OKW truck very easily.

OKW have little indirect fire option to counter it other than investing in Stuka (which in best case scenario will decrew it) (or off maps) and becoming open to tank rushes.

With nerfs to Lieg/mortar pit the unit need to be looked at.
1 Jan 2018, 17:14 PM

Still absurd that the ISG had its range nerfed to hell but didn't get an AoE buff to compensate.

It's like a delayed, half blind sniper. Each shell can kill off max one model, and only if it lands directly onto it. Crap damage against garrisons too. The incendiary barrage is basically the only thing worthwhile about it now, so get ready for Feuersturm spam...
1 Jan 2018, 17:32 PM

Amazing, everything you guys say is incorrect.

8 maxims. a-move. every map, vs every faction.

You can't flank maxims when I have more maxims than you have infantry.

And if you go mortars/isg's, I'll cap the map and destroy you with a t70/t34.

Yeah sure....

Maybe at your level it works, but at higher levels it won't, especially in teamgames.
1 Jan 2018, 18:39 PM
Donator 11

Yeah sure....

Maybe at your level it works, but at higher levels it won't, especially in teamgames.

Not that I agree with him on this one but I think there is little higher in term of levels of play than where zarok plays ;)
1 Jan 2018, 18:48 PM

Yeah sure....

Higher than rank 13 ?

[Insert epic facepalm meme here]
1 Jan 2018, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah sure....

Rank13 1v1 and rank 50 2v2 is not high enough ?

paper and reality are different things:
- IS-2 on paper the best tank in the game, in fact the worst
- 82-mm on paper is better than 120-mm, in fact worse.
all that makes 82-mm is to scratch units, if he killed more than 15 people for the whole game - you are a lucky man, the Wehrmacht mortar does not make less than 30 kills per game (this mortar - op, it wipes out a full squad of 5/6 people), 120-mm make about 20 kills and yesterday he helped me by hitting on Pz-4, destroyed his main gun.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2018, 09:09 AMShuko

OP or not, 120mm is used a lot in team games at least. XP requirement might be high, but it's basically unwipeable (6-man crew, 1 man retreat). It also has huge range, and the biggest issue (or thing going for it, whichever way you look at it), each of it's shot is like a stuka dive bomb so you get a lot of squad wipes.

IS2 is not the best tank in stats, i'll say it has been the T3485 for a while. IS2 is expensive and doesn't fulfil a role against the units it's gonna be facing to warrant using it. It also is part of only 2 commanders which have fallen from the meta for quite a long time.

Been able to survive with 1 man is a nice feature but it's drawback is the time it takes to reposition. Damage wise, it might bring a bit more of a surprise factor but it's more of the "animation and fx" rather than it's actual damage.

What i'll agree is that it's ease of use make it comfortable for a deploy and forget weapon with the extra 20 range, but i don't think it makes it worthwhile having such a slow RoF for cost. Take into consideration that once mortars vet, the barrage at vet 3 has more range than the 120mm mortar till it gets to vet 3 as well.

Since like 2+ years ago that they removed the OP precision strike and nerf on damage, i haven't seen the appeal on the 120mm when it cost 330mp against the more cheaper 240mp normal versions.

Nerf the AA range to 80, keep the barrage at 100, reduce vet requirements (which are absurd) and give it some flavour (anti-emplacement, better anti garrison?) cause for it cost, i'll rather have a 330mp OH mortar TBH.
2 Jan 2018, 04:11 AM

Funny thing about the IS-2 and the King Tiger, from the history of patching and debates on this "Forum".

The King Tiger shoots and wipes a squad, all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank.

The IS-2 shoots and wipes a squad, all the Axis players flood out the wood-work saying its bullshit, needs to be nerfed, pulling out Scenarios that never happened out of there imagination. We get some stupid historical debates and summed up to how the IS-2 is now, not used, or wanted to be used.

The King Tiger shoots and hits a tank for a good bite of damage. all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank.

The IS-2 Shoots and finally hits a tank with its 122mm gun doing nothing even close to the damage compared to the King Tiger. all the Axis players flood out the wood-work saying its bullshit, needs to be nerfed, pulling out Scenarios that never happened out of there imagination. We get some stupid historical debates and summed up to how the IS-2 is now, not used, or wanted to be used.

The IS-2 Damage gets nerfed to what it is now: all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank. Then some asking for player cards.

Its like clockwork for this place.

2 Jan 2018, 10:20 AM

Funny thing about the IS-2 and the King Tiger, from the history of patching and debates on this "Forum".

The King Tiger shoots and wipes a squad, all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank.

The IS-2 shoots and wipes a squad, all the Axis players flood out the wood-work saying its bullshit, needs to be nerfed, pulling out Scenarios that never happened out of there imagination. We get some stupid historical debates and summed up to how the IS-2 is now, not used, or wanted to be used.

The King Tiger shoots and hits a tank for a good bite of damage. all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank.

The IS-2 Shoots and finally hits a tank with its 122mm gun doing nothing even close to the damage compared to the King Tiger. all the Axis players flood out the wood-work saying its bullshit, needs to be nerfed, pulling out Scenarios that never happened out of there imagination. We get some stupid historical debates and summed up to how the IS-2 is now, not used, or wanted to be used.

The IS-2 Damage gets nerfed to what it is now: all the OKW players say its ok and fine and that you should git gud or some insane combo of weapons to counter one tank. Then some asking for player cards.

Its like clockwork for this place.

Its almost like one of those tanks has a much higher price and tech cost, and thus should be better.
2 Jan 2018, 20:20 PM

Still absurd that the ISG had its range nerfed to hell but didn't get an AoE buff to compensate.

It's like a delayed, half blind sniper. Each shell can kill off max one model, and only if it lands directly onto it. Crap damage against garrisons too. The incendiary barrage is basically the only thing worthwhile about it now, so get ready for Feuersturm spam...

The Leig got a buff in the form of smoke shells, allowing Volks to close in and chuck an incindiary grenade.

Not that some OKW mains would know how to do that, considering that they didn't need to do it for the last couple years.
2 Jan 2018, 20:22 PM

The Leig got a buff in the form of smoke shells, allowing Volks to close in and chuck an incindiary grenade.

Not that some OKW mains would know how to do that, considering that they didn't need to do it for the last couple years.

It's not a matter of factions, nobody beyond 1000+ knows what to do with it, pretty much like 3000+ scrubs with hotkeys.

2 Jan 2018, 22:41 PM

A support ability doesn't justify the unit's damage output being non-threatening.

This is the core of the balance problem between Axis and Allies in CoH2: EVERY SINGLE Allied unit is a threat to Axis units, but a good half of Axis units are not a threat to anything (Volks, 222, Kubel, etc.).

That isn't balance. You can't create units that don't pose a threat and then try to justify it by saying "use combined arms."
3 Jan 2018, 08:08 AM

Its almost like one of those tanks has a much higher price and tech cost, and thus should be better.

There is a difference between being better and not being useless. Because IS-2 is a piece of expensive uselessness. Yesterday I took IS-2 and four squads enemy blob advanced on my tank (my IS-2 stood still, which means it was the most accurate) and .... he killed only two people, brilliantly, and this happens to him constantly. Against tanks, it is just as useless: misses, non-penetration. This tank is preposterous. And it does not make sense to use it.

P.S. DhSK makes more kills than the main gun.
3 Jan 2018, 08:25 AM

The IS2 isn't as good as the KT (which is entirely reasonable since it has no tech requirements and is much cheaper), but it still has pretty good AOE and armour. Panthers bounce often against IS2, which reduces repair burden compared to T34-85 spam. The main appeal of the IS2 is getting to skip teching costs, which are pretty substantial.

IS2 has very decent stats, which are quite similar to those of the Tiger. Comparing it to the strongest unit in the game and claiming that "IS2 is useless" is intellectually dishonest.

Crecer13 scatter is very RNG dependent, even when stationary.

I've had games where Panther bounced twice vs KV1 while the KV1 penned the Panther 3 consecutive times. That doesn't make Panthers bad - my luck was bad. Nothing you can do about that, just play harder and pray harder to RNGesus.
3 Jan 2018, 09:21 AM

Is-2 has same armor as KT while being dirt cheap compared to it.

IS-2 is fine, the myth it's not is really getting old.
3 Jan 2018, 12:00 PM

Is-2 has same armor as KT while being dirt cheap compared to it.

IS-2 is fine, the myth it's not is really getting old.

This armor does not help, because almost all hits on the IS-2 are penetration. But at the same time he has a disgusting gun. That's why he has disgusting performance. Because this "armor" IS-2 does not buffed. Reduce the armor (it's almost always penetrated) and improve the performance of the gun. That's why I think Pershing is a very good tank: I don't expect armor protection, but great mobility and gun. IS-2: armor almost penetrated (it is rather a miracle that the armor is not penetrated), main gun is terrible, low mobility.
3 Jan 2018, 12:23 PM

This armor does not help, because almost all hits on the IS-2 are penetration. But at the same time he has a disgusting gun. That's why he has disgusting performance. Because this "armor" IS-2 does not buffed. Reduce the armor (it's almost always penetrated) and improve the performance of the gun. That's why I think Pershing is a very good tank: I don't expect armor protection, but great mobility and gun. IS-2: armor almost penetrated (it is rather a miracle that the armor is not penetrated), main gun is terrible, low mobility.

You do know that most stock allied TDs have more penetration than most axis TDs.

You do also realize that if is IS-2 does not have enough armor Panther is even in far worse spot.
3 Jan 2018, 12:32 PM

KT with 375 armour: This is Opie and needs nerfs nao.

Is2 with 375 armour: This has paper armour. Needs buffs!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★