Login

russian armor

[DBP] Recon Doctrine feedback thread

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 Dec 2017, 17:18 PM

Adding a Plane like the one that drops Paratroopers would go a long way to avoid people getting owned by this ability, it should be one of those "move or get wiped" skills, to help the Commander open up new openings to assault through.
6 Dec 2017, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

I would be for the plane coming through the map with visual on minimap and sound.
9 Dec 2017, 00:00 AM

Wth... americans using luftwaffe cluster bombs?! Swapping the cluster bombs for the wc51 truck (which has arti) would make a lot more sense.

It would be great if the cluster bombs could be used in the luftwaffe supply doctrine.
9 Dec 2017, 05:14 AM

The Greyhound has a lot of impact for a 280 mp 60 fuel unit. With its ability to quickly amass kills, It can quickly pay for itself. It may be underpriced considering it certainly compares if not exceeds the performance of the t70, stuart, luchs.

Got 4 built vs me in a relatively short game.

In a seperate game at 11 minutes, the greyhound dove my base and basically killed everything, despite several squads with panzerfaust and an AT gun, which was rendered ineffective by the greyhounds manueverability. 3:46:00 in video

Not that i played particularly well ect, but the unit is reaaaaaally good

3:35:20 for casts.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207894386
9 Dec 2017, 05:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wth... americans using luftwaffe cluster bombs?! Swapping the cluster bombs for the wc51 truck (which has arti) would make a lot more sense.

It would be great if the cluster bombs could be used in the luftwaffe supply doctrine.

Actually, this was originally a Ranger Ability for the Arden Assault.
9 Dec 2017, 08:48 AM

The Greyhound has a lot of impact for a 280 mp 60 fuel unit. With its ability to quickly amass kills, It can quickly pay for itself. It may be underpriced considering it certainly compares if not exceeds the performance of the t70, stuart, luchs.

Got 4 built vs me in a relatively short game.

In a seperate game at 11 minutes, the greyhound dove my base and basically killed everything, despite several squads with panzerfaust and an AT gun, which was rendered ineffective by the greyhounds manueverability. 3:46:00 in video

Not that i played particularly well ect, but the unit is reaaaaaally good

3:35:20 for casts.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207894386

Sorry, but it's not Greyhound. You were just caught off the guard :P You could easily switch rounds for HMG and deal with that Greyhound in seconds ;)
9 Dec 2017, 11:38 AM

Actually, this was originally a Ranger Ability for the Arden Assault.

And in real life those bombs were used by the luftwaffe, americans weren't known for using them.
I just think that they would fit the ost luftwaffe doctrine quite well.
9 Dec 2017, 12:32 PM

And in real life those bombs were used by the luftwaffe, americans weren't known for using them.
I just think that they would fit the ost luftwaffe doctrine quite well.

They used those in Italy i think.
15 Dec 2017, 13:40 PM

Out of interest why was a cluster bomb strike chosen as the new ability? The commander already has a munitions heavy offmap from the I&R Pathfinders which now is competing with the new off-map. When would you use Pathfinder arty instead of the cluster bombs?
15 Dec 2017, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 13:40 PMLago
Out of interest why was a cluster bomb strike chosen as the new ability? The commander already has a munitions heavy offmap from the I&R Pathfinders which now is competing with the new off-map. When would you use Pathfinder arty instead of the cluster bombs?

The original revamp idea was to have:
- Passive always-on light-vehicle capture ability (instead of raid-tactics)
- Forward observers and Rifle company flares bundled together

Nevertheless, this was deemed too underwhelming, and derivative. Light-vehicle became Raid tactics (which also encompasses the intent behind forward observers). Since the commander had no heavy armour, and no reliable on-map artillery, we thought about giving the commander decent on-demand off-map artillery (IR Pathfinders have a certain range).

Our fallback option was Rifle Company White Phosphorus artillery.

Cluster bombs deal next to-no damage vs non-infantry. Thus if you want to bust open an OKW truck, or you want to trial your luck wiping an enemy concentration, IR Pathfinders is the artillery call-in for you. Cluster bombs are meant to be more like an "oh-shit" off-map you can use to force the enemy player to relocate.

You probably want to keep away from using Cluster bombs, unless you have no other options available.
15 Dec 2017, 15:27 PM

That makes a lot of sense although it's a shame the passive Raid Tactics was ditched. There's a certain elegance to it and back capping light vehicles sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you think there'd be any merit in combining the two Pathfinder squads into one? You mentioned in the other thread you weren't keen on the USF's large amount of one-doctrine call in infantry and now I&R Pathfinders only really differ on the arty strike maybe they could both be just Pathfinders. I guess the question there is if Airborne could do with Pathfinder arty or not.
15 Dec 2017, 15:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2017, 15:27 PMLago
That makes a lot of sense although it's a shame the passive Raid Tactics was ditched. There's a certain elegance to it and back capping light vehicles sounds like a lot of fun.

Do you think there'd be any merit in combining the two Pathfinder squads into one? You mentioned in the other thread you weren't keen on the USF's large amount of one-doctrine call in infantry and now I&R Pathfinders only really differ on the arty strike maybe they could both be just Pathfinders. I guess the question there is if Airborne could do with Pathfinder arty or not.

IMO, I&R Pathfinders are a straight upgrade over Airborne pathfinders.

Sure, 1 sniper rifle as opposed to 2 sniper rifles sounds worse on paper. However, in practice, the vanilla rifles have better DPS that will help knock the squad down to the required 50% health for the snipe. Also, having only 1 slot item means that Barfinders on I&R Pathfinders will probably be less likely to drop their weapons.

So, if I&R Pathfinders really do turn out to be strictly better than Airborne Pathfinders, then it's worth making both versions a copy-paste of the new I&R Pathfinders. If, for whatever reason, it's decided that Airborne Pathfinders are actually more combat-capable than I&R Pathfinders, then it's probably worth keeping the two separate versions as they are currently.
14 Dec 2018, 16:08 PM

Make butterfly bombs explode on impact in enemy territory and become mines in neutral and allied territory?

Best of both worlds????
15 Dec 2018, 02:05 AM

15 Dec 2018, 02:08 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Ya'll know this was december 17' right? Not this month or patch.

/locked
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight