Login

russian armor

WBP V1.3 Stuka

PAGES (7)down
16 Nov 2017, 19:27 PM

Any possible solutions for Axis receiving way more friendly fire compared to Allies? This is an annoying factor in teamgames as well.

Yes, it's possible to solve this if you can provide us with your top10 list of units and off-maps that deal a lower amount of friendly-fire damage than they should be dealing. That way we can fix this.

I believe that you can do this for us, since you've twice-already mentioned the same problem on a thread about the Walking Stuka. So, I guess you have more free time than I do.
16 Nov 2017, 19:32 PM

The discrepancies between friendly fire has come up a number of times.

Except for a few oddities, mostly british, all allied artillery deals virtually no friendly fire. All axis friendly fire is like at least an order of magnitude higher.
16 Nov 2017, 19:35 PM
16 Nov 2017, 19:41 PM

Here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/52541/friendly-fire/page/1
well i guees mr smith might have a look at it right ?
16 Nov 2017, 19:55 PM

Hector has far more of a clue what hes talking about compared to you

Actually my impression is that he has not a single idea of what he is talking about, and this is likely not limited to COH2 balance issues only. But you are welcome to have your different opinion.

But since team game stats are important to you, I've got around 1600 games in 3v3 and 4v4, 10 rank <17s including two rank 1s.

Nice strawman, but its important to Hector as he has been starting asking for playercards, like many do when they loose an argument, akak 'mah playerkard shows you WRONG'. I have merely pointed out that he has played ONE ranked team matched with OKW, which points to that he has been, and still is, theorycrafting how OKW plays in team games.

Bottomline, if I were him, I would not have asked for playercards, lest somebody take a glance at it.

So, post your playercard please. Put your money where your mouth is :)

Nah, sorry, I don't wish to engage in playercard contest though I guess this is common you realize that you cannot put up a single coherent point on the subject matter. If you find this a matter of great importance to this discussion that makes mumbo jumbo valid instead of proper factual arguements, look it up if I have lied about its contents.

For what its worth, in all the games I have played recently, I'd say the landmatress has been in about 10% of them, but the stuka is probably around 50%, In 4v4 its always built.

And this is relevant to this discussion how?

The Stuka is a stock unit and is played against 3 out of the 4 major blobber factions (i.e. the Allies) and the Brits have a myriad of other OP things to abuse apart from the Land Mattress. The subject matter is that a 160 hp unit is far easily destroyed by anything, including counter battery fire, which is not even funny if its cost 100 fuel, 50 tech and you do not even have caches, and secondly, it does not improved AT ALL the Stuka's perceived wiping potential. All the other rocket artillery has the OPTION to stay in safe distance, hence they are more vulnerable.

As a matter of fact, it just giving easy mode for lazy allied players and nothing else.
16 Nov 2017, 20:01 PM

well i guees mr smith might have a look at it right ?

I doubt it. Someone they like will have to suggest it.

Hey Hector. You should present a brand new discovery you uncovered through extensive DBP testing: massive friendly fire discrepancies between allied and axis friendly fire values.

16 Nov 2017, 21:01 PM

To put things into right perspective...

Hey Hector. You should present a brand new discovery you uncovered through extensive DBP testing: massive friendly fire discrepancies between allied and axis friendly fire values.]

Dangerous Cloth is already doing a good job at adressing the right balance problems in the proper manner :)

Nice strawman, but its important to Hector as he has been starting asking for playercards, like many do when they loose an argument, akak 'mah playerkard shows you WRONG'. I have merely pointed out that he has played ONE ranked team matched with OKW, which points to that he has been, and still is, theorycrafting how OKW plays in team games.

Bottomline, if I were him, I would not have asked for playercards, lest somebody take a glance at it.

I already said multiple times stuff that proves that my single random 4v4 game is irrelevant, but you actually do not care, all you care about is your demagogism and your own truth. There is no help for you then if you ignore facts. :)

Garden you bro.

If you think that someone will listen to your balance ideas after you just humilate him on front of the others then you are very very mistaken.

Good luck with whatever you plan to do, though.

To put things to definitive from my side, I am not going to post anything or respond to any of you in this thread.

If you have not realised already, this thread is going down faster then Twin Towers were in 9/11.

It has turned into personal fanboyism bias and frog-mouse wars between fanboys. Good job coh2 community, you didnt fail again.

At least you have found a common enemy - Mr.Smith so you can finally hate together ;)

Bye, enjoy the last moments of this failthread without me.

:wave:

16 Nov 2017, 21:14 PM
16 Nov 2017, 21:26 PM
Patrion 14

Yes, it's possible to solve this if you can provide us with your top10 list of units and off-maps that deal a lower amount of friendly-fire damage than they should be dealing. That way we can fix this.

I believe that you can do this for us, since you've twice-already mentioned the same problem on a thread about the Walking Stuka. So, I guess you have more free time than I do.

It is literally every single indirect fire and explosive option that does less damage to allied units on the allied side than the axis side of things. You know this yourself, as you elude to it every single time ... .

He asked you to provide a list. You could have just gone and checked everything and come back to provide the list instead of going on a completely out of proportion rant that wasted 10 minutes of your time that you could have used to do something that would have helped you to get the change you are asking for.

So, with this in mind, I have gone through the mod tools and looked at everything that came to mind and you can find the excel sheet containing the values here (with my personal top10). If there are any units or abilities I forgot or if I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know.

This could have been your work, instead of two paragraphs of profanity ;)

In the grand scheme of things, these are minor things. They should be fixed for certain, but they are not what is upsetting balance at the moment, which is why I can understand that it isn't their number 1 priority.
16 Nov 2017, 21:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I got u smith. Make friendly fire damage = 1, to all units effected. All factions now are symmetrical in friendly fire department. Done.

As for the "top 10" list. Anything that is considered indirect, offmap, or rocket artillary.
16 Nov 2017, 21:38 PM
Patrion 14

I got u smith. Make friendly fire damage = 1, to all units effected. All factions now are symmetrical in friendly fire department. Done.

As for the "top 10" list. Anything that is considered indirect, offmap, or rocket artillary.

For team games, this is inadvisable. I agree that all values should be the same for all factions.

Not just coordination problems in random 2v2s and up but also trolling, miscommunication and pure accidents will lead to losses that should not happen, which is why there are friendly fire multipliers in the first place.
16 Nov 2017, 21:42 PM

He asked you to provide a list. You could have just gone and checked everything and come back to provide the list instead of going on a completely out of proportion rant that wasted 10 minutes of your time that you could have used to do something that would have helped you to get the change you are asking for.

So, with this in mind, I have gone through the mod tools and looked at everything that came to mind and you can find the excel sheet containing the values here. If there are any units or abilities I forgot or if I made a mistake somewhere, please let me know.

This could have been your work, instead of two paragraphs of profanity ;)

For the future, keep in mind that the "balance team" are basically similar people to you, but they put a lot of work into the game to make it better. In the grand scheme of things, these are minor things. They should be fixed for certain, but they are not what is upsetting balance at the moment, which is why I can understand that it isn't their number 1 priority.

+1
16 Nov 2017, 21:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

For team games, this is inadvisable. I agree that all values should be the same for all factions.

Not just coordination problems in random 2v2s and up but also trolling, miscommunication and pure accidents will lead to losses that should not happen, which is why there are friendly fire multipliers in the first place.

Good point. Was a bit of a troll post anyways. But yes should be equal across all factions.
16 Nov 2017, 21:59 PM

Good point. Was a bit of a troll post anyways. But yes should be equal across all factions.

Agreed. The significant disparity between friendly fire values has never made sense to me. They've always seemed like an error than intentional.
16 Nov 2017, 22:15 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Agreed. The significant disparity between friendly fire values has never made sense to me. They've always seemed like an error than intentional.

Well I just got a list of weapons so we'll probably start hammering away at that before 1.5, but after 1.4.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak