Login

russian armor

WBP V1.3 Stuka

PAGES (7)down
14 Nov 2017, 15:05 PM
Donator 11

Cause it still has the best AoE and is super accurate, and doesn't care about your fog of war.

IMO it is the artillery piece that is most dependent on your fog of war, because of the low amount of rockets and its precision. You cannot just click an area and be sure to hit something!

Additionally it allows the enemy to move their weapon and not get hit entirely, something that is impossible with every other rocket artillery in the game.

Combine that with the high price and the mediocre results against emplacements, i would say that halfing its HP is too steep!
14 Nov 2017, 15:24 PM

IMO it is the artillery piece that is most dependent on your fog of war, because of the low amount of rockets and its precision. You cannot just click an area and be sure to hit something!

Additionally it allows the enemy to move their weapon and not get hit entirely, something that is impossible with every other rocket artillery in the game.

Combine that with the high price and the mediocre results against emplacements, i would say that halfing its HP is too steep!

I don't like the 160 hp either. It will make it highly susceptible to tanks diving, random arty shots, etc. If they're going to do that, then it seems like the fuel cost should come down. I think it would have been better if they just made it scatter like all the other rocket artillery, instead of the laser-guided rockets that it has.
14 Nov 2017, 15:31 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2017, 15:24 PMGrumpy

I don't like the 160 hp either. It will make it highly susceptible to tanks diving, random arty shots, etc. If they're going to do that, then it seems like the fuel cost should come down. I think it would have been better if they just made it scatter like all the other rocket artillery, instead of the laser-guided rockets that it has.

You know that you can use the stuka on maxrange and still this unit is great or?

14 Nov 2017, 15:52 PM

We could give the unit the full-blown FBP treatment. However, given the other changes to the faction, DBP changes are Good Enough™. There are bigger fish to fry.
14 Nov 2017, 16:21 PM

You know that you can use the stuka on maxrange and still this unit is great or?

I always use it around max range. Weren't the other nerfs enough? The units in this game have gone from overnerf to overbuff so many times. Shouldn't they slow down?

14 Nov 2017, 16:22 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2017, 16:21 PMGrumpy

I always use it around max range. Weren't the other nerfs enough? The units in this game have gone from overnerf to overbuff so many times. Shouldn't they slow down?

Thats why it got not the full FBP nerf :)
14 Nov 2017, 16:23 PM

We could give the unit the full-blown FBP treatment. However, given the other changes to the faction, DBP changes are Good Enough™. There are bigger fish to fry.

Like nerfing the Comet, Cromwell, and Stuart into the ground?
14 Nov 2017, 16:27 PM

Thats why it got not the full FBP nerf :)

We'll see. TBH, I haven't got a chance to try it in a real game. There's nobody trying the mod when I can play.
14 Nov 2017, 17:12 PM

Mr smith how about 180 HP so that if I get surprised it doesn't get insta-gib but lowering the armor so mg of tank can pen ? A tank coming in would still kill it and inf could deal more damage to it too but at least I can react
14 Nov 2017, 17:20 PM

Mr smith how about 180 HP so that if I get surprised it doesn't get insta-gib but lowering the armor so mg of tank can pen ? A tank coming in would still kill it and inf could deal more damage to it too but at least I can react

The Stuka is the only artillery piece that can fire from max range and still get perfect results.

Thus, it needs to share the same existential threats as every other single rocket artillery in the game. Especially of the ones that come much later than it and need to go tip-toe to deal any damage.

320HP was ok back when OKW used to have resource penalties.
14 Nov 2017, 17:23 PM

Cause it still has the best AoE and is super accurate, and doesn't care about your fog of war.

cool
14 Nov 2017, 17:24 PM

The Stuka is the only artillery piece that can fire from max range and still get perfect results.

Thus, it needs to share the same existential threats as every other single rocket artillery in the game. Especially of the ones that come much later than it and need to go tip-toe to deal any damage.

320HP was ok back when OKW used to have resource penalties.
yes but at least it should be able to withstand at least 1 at gun shoot
btw all art pieces should withstand 1 at gun shoot maybe give them engine crit instead of 1 shooting them
15 Nov 2017, 12:30 PM

The 160 HP nerf is unwarranted as the Stuka has much shorter range do not get the option to stay away from the frontlines, as opposed to the Calliope, Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer. Its not so hard to reach and counter - a Stuart or T-70 can do that nicely. This massive nerf to health is unwanted, unwarranted, nobody has asked for it and is counter intuitive to boot - one halftruck has half the health as the other halftruck, nah.

If accuracy is a problem then fix accuracy - the walking barrage is something nobody will miss as its weird to use, weird to see and is predictable to be avoided. Give it the same random barrage as the Werfer etc, not some super-easy mode for lazy allied players to counter it which involves throwing one dispensable suicide T-34 at it or a bunch of penals to fire off one-or-two round.

Otherwise, what sort of counterplay options are there? Do not build the Stuka, do not fire the Stuka? Ridiculus.

15 Nov 2017, 12:45 PM

Fragile and (relatively) short-ranged artillery is the only type of artillery around which you can try to design counterplay opportunities and somewhat interesting gameplay. If you can use mobile artillery effectively across the map without needing to leave the base or the first sector, then you will only lose it if the game is already lost or you majorly f*** up.
Maybe the Stuka barrage needs to be changed as well, but I think making it (and the Calliope) more fragile is good for gameplay. And you got mines if you fear dives.
15 Nov 2017, 12:52 PM

Slash the range of all other rocket artilerry to half then and normalize them all at 160 HP.
15 Nov 2017, 12:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Guys relax.

stuka will still wipes weaponteams :)

And when your stuka got attack the last time in teamgames? Almost never. Until you are losing the whole game.
15 Nov 2017, 13:01 PM

The 160 HP nerf is unwarranted as the Stuka has much shorter range do not get the option to stay away from the frontlines, as opposed to the Calliope, Katyusha and the Panzerwerfer. Its not so hard to reach and counter - a Stuart or T-70 can do that nicely. This massive nerf to health is unwanted, unwarranted, nobody has asked for it and is counter intuitive to boot - one halftruck has half the health as the other halftruck, nah.

If accuracy is a problem then fix accuracy - the walking barrage is something nobody will miss as its weird to use, weird to see and is predictable to be avoided. Give it the same random barrage as the Werfer etc, not some super-easy mode for lazy allied players to counter it which involves throwing one dispensable suicide T-34 at it or a bunch of penals to fire off one-or-two round.

Otherwise, what sort of counterplay options are there? Do not build the Stuka, do not fire the Stuka? Ridiculus.

Of course they asked for it.
A lot of teamgamers (including balance team mods) asked for it.
Because if in teamgames each player can afford 3-4 arty pieces and still have the resources to protect those with frontline units, it's not because of the huge resource inflation (because who could have ever imagined that more resources in only slightly bigger maps and modes that don't have to be shared but are multiplied x players would have broken the game 1!!?1?), it's the unit itself...so they will ultimately nerf any unit to uselessness so any 1vs1 game will be panzerfus/volks into luchs and gren/mg into stug spam even more...BUT FINALLY...their 1 bridge map game artyfest is balanced...

Waiting for the "1vs1 patch" that will break teamgames again and so on ....
15 Nov 2017, 13:01 PM

And when your stuka got attack the last time in teamgames? Almost never. Until you are losing the whole game.

That would mean the nerfing of its health to be a loose-100-fuel-to-one-shot nerf is again, well, unwarranted, since as you say, it almost never gets attacked anyway, right? ;)

Stuarts can hunt them down really nice already. Engine block shot and its doomed. Its also very unlikely to get away from a medium if it finds it but at least there is a chance. There are possible countes already. Its health ain't broken, there no need to fix it.
15 Nov 2017, 13:06 PM

That would mean the nerfing of its health to be a loose-100-fuel-to-one-shot nerf is again, well, unwarranted, since as you say, it almost never gets attacked anyway, right? ;)

Stuarts can hunt them down really nice already. Engine block shot and its doomed. Its also very unlikely to get away from a medium if it finds it but at least there is a chance. There are possible countes already. Its health ain't broken, there no need to fix it.

Why you let the Stuart through your frontline at the first place ? Once a medium dives forward through your frontline it should kill rocket artillery in a single shot because the tank has miserable chances of survives as well (if you arent sitting on laurels and forgot to build proper AT before stuka).

Stuka doesnt need to go to the frontlines in order to be used to its full potential, so please
15 Nov 2017, 13:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

What can Katja or Panzerwerfer say xD

And btw ability from the stuart is useless vs stuka?

Btw i think stuka still can shoot normal barrage and then use the flamebarrage while the normal barrage is on cooldown...

But yes you can't drive with your stuka close the enemy base (and eat some shots) and shoot in his base when he retreats. I feel sorry KAPPA
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 24
Russian Federation 66

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %