Login

russian armor

Ranked System Clarification

4 Nov 2017, 01:32 AM

My assumption was that when you get your ladder rank, and ladder position, whether you move up or down the is entirely dependent on all the active players of your faction. If USF got completely kneecapped by balance patches or meta changes tomorrow there wouldn't be any real consequences 2-3 months from now after those on the ladder are either forced out due to inactivity or play a small number of games.

Let's say USF has a global win rate average of 35% across all skill levels. Even if this was the case, better players would win about 40% of the time, and the very best, top tier gimped USF players are the ones that can muster 50% win rates. My example here is to reiterate my impression that you compete with other active USF players, regardless of the state of USF vs Axis matchups.
4 Nov 2017, 08:14 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Not sure what you want to know... Yes, even if USF would be completely unplayble, there still would be a no 1 ranked player for that faction (and any other rank after that of course).

Maybe the "Basics" section this article helps?
4 Nov 2017, 08:19 AM

Not sure what you want to know... Yes, even if USF would be completely unplayble, there still would be a no 1 ranked player for that faction (and any other rank after that of course).

That is actually inaccurate there no rank 15 for most factions.
4 Nov 2017, 11:06 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2017, 08:19 AMVipper

That is actually inaccurate there no rank 15 for most factions.

Well, we are getting into semantics here, but strictly that's not true. There is a RANK 15 for each leaderboard. However, several faction/mode combinations indeed do not have a LEVEL 15 (the reason for this is explained in the article as well, although at the time that was the case only for a few factions/modes).
4 Nov 2017, 18:49 PM

Great article man, I always tune into your post tournament strategy/BO/Meta analyses. Having read through it would I be right to say that the present state of your chosen faction in the meta has minimal/zero bearing on your ability to climb up or down the ranked ladder? Well, besides your ability to adapt to balance patch changes I suppose, but the true "power level" of your faction at that state in time in 1v1s has little impact.
4 Nov 2017, 19:15 PM
Donator 11

Great article man, I always tune into your post tournament strategy/BO/Meta analyses. Having read through it would I be right to say that the present state of your chosen faction in the meta has minimal/zero bearing on your ability to climb up or down the ranked ladder? Well, besides your ability to adapt to balance patch changes I suppose, but the true "power level" of your faction at that state in time in 1v1s.

As long as you are not in that top 1% of the ladder, yes. And its a shame that so many players fail to realise that.
4 Nov 2017, 21:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Having read through it would I be right to say that the present state of your chosen faction in the meta has minimal/zero bearing on your ability to climb up or down the ranked ladder? Well, besides your ability to adapt to balance patch changes I suppose, but the true "power level" of your faction at that state in time in 1v1s has little impact.

Yep.

One could argue about what the effect of patches. Assuming your chosen faction is weaker after a patch: The effect of that will be that all players will loose ELO so eventually the ranks should stay the same. However, players that play a lot will have their ELO adjusted earlier, so they are more likely to lose ranks initially (although they should later climb roughly to their previous rank).
4 Nov 2017, 21:56 PM

It also depends on the effects of the patch on viable strategies.

Rankings over time are, for the most part, affected by how stagnant the metagame gets.
4 Nov 2017, 22:36 PM

Wasn't this why they introduced removing players who were inactive, because someone who played 50 games with the original tiger ace then stopped playing when it was nerfed was going to stay high up... Etc

5 Nov 2017, 03:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wasn't this why they introduced removing players who were inactive, because someone who played 50 games with the original tiger ace then stopped playing when it was nerfed was going to stay high up... Etc

More like too many smurfs clogging the top ranking on ladder.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★