Login

russian armor

Infos to the Major December patch

30 Oct 2017, 22:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2017/10/30/company-of-heroes-2-december-update

Attention loyal Company of Heroes 2 fans! We’re are super excited to announce some juicy updates coming this Holiday season. In a nutshell, you can look forward to a serious balance patch which will include a commander revamp, community map fixes, and new 2v2 maps! We will be implementing all of this in a major patch scheduled for mid-December.

Let’s kick things off with balance. We’ve been spending some serious time thinking about the Fall Balance Patch, and which aspects make the most sense. We plan to leverage all the great work done in the Fall Balance Preview by including some of its most popular and highly voted changes. For more information on this balance update, including our rational behind postponing the Fall Balance Patch, head here.

This balance patch will also include a commander revamp focused on revitalizing some of those neglected commanders currently collecting dust in your inventory. We’re aiming to revamp two commanders per faction, and we’ll be reaching out to the community to find out which doctrines are most in need of this TLC!

We’re also stoked to be implementing a meaty map balance update which will affect many of the maps within the game. Serious credit goes to SoE-Sturmpanther for coordinating the effort, and to map making experts Capiqua, Siphon X, Pigsoup, Lord Rommel, MonolithicBacon and Whiteflash. Their time and expertise have made this fantastic update possible. The result will be more fun, balanced and competitive maps. A huge win for everyone. Get ready to reset your vetoes!

The 2v2 Map Making Contest is nearing an end, and the overall quality in this event has been genuinely spectacular. Our community map makers have clearly mastered their craft, and we have some serious contenders for the 2v2 automatch pool!

If you’re not taking part make sure to catch the 2v2 Map Making Contest Cup, which starts November 4th. You’ll be able to scope these brilliant new battlefields as they play host to some top-level play. The best teams in the competition will be voting for their favourite maps, and soon after we will announce the overall winners of the contest!

We are stoked to see these updates coming to the live game, and we hope you are too! Make sure to follow Company of Heroes on Twitter or Facebook for all the latest.
30 Oct 2017, 22:20 PM

Nice I might actually come back to CoH2 because the meta won't bore me to death anymore :hyper:
30 Oct 2017, 22:23 PM

Nice I might actually come back to CoH2 because the meta won't bore me to death anymore :hyper:

30 Oct 2017, 22:24 PM

I'm most curious about the commander revamp since most of those under used commanders are part of Ostheer and soviets.
30 Oct 2017, 23:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Long time I have waited for this moment of vengeance!

31 Oct 2017, 05:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hopefully this patch will include all the good/QOL stuff the Fall Balance patch had. Alot of sweat and a little bit of vodka was put into that, let me assure you. I especially want to see the formation and squad-ai improvements.

31 Oct 2017, 10:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, time for me to try to push for parts of my mod to come live.
*I have been preaching about commander change a recently, and hopefully some of my basic suggestions will be heard.
31 Oct 2017, 16:32 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I like the part where the name all the people and I'm not there, like I didn't make videos for map makers in the worldbuilder or go over any of the changes with anyone. SeemsGood
31 Oct 2017, 17:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 16:32 PMTric
I like the part where the name all the people and I'm not there, like I didn't make videos for map makers in the worldbuilder or go over any of the changes with anyone. SeemsGood

As far as i see the thx going for the reworks maps.

There is nothing about the 2vs2 Mapcontest.
31 Oct 2017, 17:49 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Yep, you are right :)
31 Oct 2017, 18:00 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

And that's what I mean, ive worked on several of the 2v2 maps... you yourself have had conversations with me about it. But its okay. I talked to kyle about it, I hurt Andy_RE's feelings so I don't get thanked.
31 Oct 2017, 18:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 18:00 PMTric

And that's what I mean, ive worked on several of the 2v2 maps... you yourself have had conversations with me about it. But its okay. I talked to kyle about it, I hurt Andy_RE's feelings so I don't get thanked.

I think there will maybe something when the finale maps are picked.
I mean there is nothing about the Strategy team, who took alot of time to look into 18 maps to cut them down to 9 :), as well for example, etc.

Actually i'm happy, when the Mapcontest is over and we have really 3 new good maps for 2vs2 in automatch

31 Oct 2017, 18:57 PM

Looking forward to the north cutoff on Moscow Outskirts getting fixed :)
31 Oct 2017, 20:01 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I think there will maybe something when the finale maps are picked.
I mean there is nothing about the Strategy team, who took alot of time to look into 18 maps to cut them down to 9 :), as well for example, etc.

Actually i'm happy, when the Mapcontest is over and we have really 3 new good maps for 2vs2 in automatch

That's my point, they don't give credit where credit is due. Where is hooligans thanks? Hes helped too?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight