Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
18 Nov 2017, 12:51 PM

What's the point of a demo charge now? can someone explain?

It is visible to every unit now and cannot be placed in capping circles

So this leaves it as an ambush weapon behind cover/sight blockers/garrisons/abandoned weapons and tank wrecks
18 Nov 2017, 13:39 PM

This game is priceless. One must watch it in order to realise HOW BROKEN ned demo is :)
18 Nov 2017, 13:56 PM

i just noticed now not only did jackson get a reload buff but also its moving accuracy was changed back to 0.75 lel. "Moving accuracy changes reverted for main gun and HVAP". i like how he tried to be as prestige as possible thinking no 1 would notice hahaha
18 Nov 2017, 15:01 PM
Patrion 26

What's the point of a demo charge now? can someone explain?

Good question. I think the main purpose for it now is to clear trees. It has gone from being an essential hard counter, to only being useful when playing a 1vs1 against Mr Magoo.
18 Nov 2017, 15:24 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Rather not go back the comet being incredibly good vs. everything while surviving more than a Tiger... and not being doc-locked... or limited to 1 on the field.

I'm not saying buff them to pre nerf levels, but they're no where near their price value compared to the T34s and shermans.
18 Nov 2017, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2017, 13:56 PMAlphrum
i just noticed now not only did jackson get a reload buff but also its moving accuracy was changed back to 0.75 lel. "Moving accuracy changes reverted for main gun and HVAP". i like how he tried to be as prestige as possible thinking no 1 would notice hahaha

No one would notice?
The mods explicitly told me they were gonna either revert the cost increase or undo the nerfs if the Jackson would remain at 160 damage and 200 with HVAP.
18 Nov 2017, 18:45 PM

Stand fast - nerf
Vehicle repair - small tweak
Command vehicle - some changes (buffs and nerfs), with biggest one being removed speed penalty
A-B mortar support - buff (or rather fix)
AVRE - nerf (nerfing unit which is already rarely seen and tricky to use).

If you can't see a synergy forming around the 4 new non-stand-fast abilities, I don't think I can help you :O

Mr Smith can verify but I think the team is going for a UKF that is a Shockrifle-esqe breakthrough style of play. Basically you cue up a Command Vehicle (personally I think Command Churchills have TONs of potential now that they can actually keep pace and Anvil is more viable) and can kick down the front door with your buffed army with the AVRE and off-map incendiaries to nuke support weapons walls and create chaos. (Side Note) - Mr. Smith I think you might want to increase the spread of the incendiary shells - right now they seem to clump in a small area and don't do much for area denial.

IMO the Stand Fast nerf was needed - it's supposed to support Emplacement repairs... not replace them and be a global F*ck You that Sim City players can use during brace to make it annoying as hell to counter. Vehicle Repairs are also great and much more than a small tweak - easier to use without blowing your Munitions float to repair a single vehicle (early-mid game) or totally f*ck yourself over by accidentally freezing a mostly healed tank mid-combat and then being stuck there while the ability times out.
18 Nov 2017, 19:09 PM

No one would notice?
The mods explicitly told me they were gonna either revert the cost increase or undo the nerfs if the Jackson would remain at 160 damage and 200 with HVAP.

jackson is garbage.

Its not stand alone TD as all other faction TD.

It was always glass cannon you could use as Hit and Run (Hit Hard) . But in the patch you cant do it anymore. It has lower DPS now (so you can't really use hit and run) and +160 doesnt allow it to fight directly . Due to slow Rate of Fire.

I tested all patch version - Jackson loses to rushing p4 in any patch (1.0-1.4)

dealing with tanks are complex problem compare to others faction due to very slow snare and lack of mines.
18 Nov 2017, 19:29 PM

jackson is garbage.

It was always glass cannon you could use as Hit and Run (Hit Hard) . But in the patch you cant do it anymore. It has lower DPS now (so you can't really use hit and run) and +160 doesnt allow it to fight directly . Due to slow Rate of Fire.

dealing with tanks are complex problem compare to others faction due to very slow snare and lack of mines.

They decreased the Jackson reload time in 1.4, while keeping all the buffs and old things, just with increased cost and reduced damage, I think it's far better off.
18 Nov 2017, 19:31 PM

They decreased the Jackson reload time in 1.4, while keeping all the buffs and old things, just with increased cost and reduced damage, I think it's far better off.

jackson dies absolulty the same fast as before.

I prefer glass cannon (and cheaper)
18 Nov 2017, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2017, 09:57 AMzarok47

Clicking twice is tricky for you?

Sorry, it's not about Sturmtiger but AVRE in case if you didn't notice :luvDerp:
18 Nov 2017, 20:58 PM

No one would notice?

did they say buffing its reload speed too? no
18 Nov 2017, 21:01 PM

I'm not saying buff them to pre nerf levels, but they're no where near their price value compared to the T34s and shermans.

But why does a brit non-doc heavy need to be good vs. infantry? The OKW panther costs 15 more fuel and is just as bad vs. infantry, while having almost identical stats. I could see the cost of the comet being lowered to around 480/175, but that's about it.

18 Nov 2017, 21:31 PM

Sorry, it's not about Sturmtiger but AVRE in case if you didn't notice :luvDerp:

Same difference. Now try answering my question.
18 Nov 2017, 21:40 PM

Hmmmmm... Not exactly thrilled to see that the 17 Pounder can no longer be garrisoned. No longer can I bypass the 17 Pounder by garrisoning it and coming out the other end. It's rather needed at times when built in ruined urban areas.

I remember how excited I was when I played the British in CoH2 for the first time and saw you can garrison it. It made sense to me and gave a sense of immersion that the soldiers could take advantage of their sandbags rather than stand outside the 17 Pounder emplacement, potentially fighting out in the open.

Why on earth was this change made?
18 Nov 2017, 21:55 PM

Welp no one is ever going to use a demo charge again? Also limiting conscript weapon slots? Wow.
18 Nov 2017, 22:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2017, 20:58 PMAlphrum

did they say buffing its reload speed too? no

It's to justify the increased cost, also they nerfed it's veterancy.
18 Nov 2017, 22:10 PM
Patrion 26

Also limiting conscript weapon slots? Wow.

It seems totally needless considering they don't have any default weapon upgrades at all. So have to scavenge whatever they can.
Meanwhile other squads can upgrade their weapons AND have two slots.
18 Nov 2017, 22:33 PM

It seems totally needless considering they don't have any default weapon upgrades at all. So have to scavenge whatever they can.
Meanwhile other squads can upgrade their weapons AND have two slots.

Volks not :D
18 Nov 2017, 22:47 PM

jackson is garbage.

The problem with the jackson lies in usf design. Relic fucked with what worked in coh1 simply because they cannot resist changing things simply for the sake of change.

M10's should be stock units and usf go to at unit. Allied tanks are meant to outnumber axis and are meant to flank. Its simple coh mechanics.

The jackson could simply stay as is.

PAGES (85)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak