Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
17 Nov 2017, 08:13 AM

Regardless the demo changes, I'm curious what the envisioned usage of them is with this patch. Basically, how do you see Soviet/USF players laying them and activating them over the course of a given average match? Clearly, they retain the ability to destroy garrisons preemptively, as well as their usage against OKW buildings as the like, but it seems like it's now nigh impossible to kill squads with them unless you place the demo along a retreat path or something (or, again, the opposing player sends their unit somewhere without paying attention, but this is significantly less effective if they can't be placed on capture points). The timer version felt like it had a clearer design purpose and synergized better with the other changes as a means of punishing garrisoning without being too harsh on infantry, whereas this one leaves the impression that the intent of this change is simply to lower their usability tremendously.

We want to completely avoid the no-brainer effect that occurs in 1v1 late-game, where demo planted on a flag = free wipe.

We wanted to make demos only possible to hide in certain locations (e.g., heavy cover). However, when we tried implementing the feature, it didn't work. In order not to delay the release of the update on account of demos, we chose the implementation that you currently see.

17 Nov 2017, 09:03 AM

And the new Jackson that is now also turbo firing, but has 640 health, buffed pen, will hit you regardless of chasing or fleeing while sitting on the same popcap as a Panzer IV is well balanced now, yes? With a just gimme 50% more damage button, just in case?

The buffs remain and the orginal balancing nerfs that made the change acceptable are slowly disappearing patch version to patch version.

The sum of the all the changes is that the unit has pretty much the same DPS as previously (considering that the combined buffs to pen and ROF basically negate the DMG nerf), but it has now 640 health, and is just as spammable in large team game as ever (popcap).

Something's gotta give. Popcap, range, moving accuracy are top contenders IMO.
17 Nov 2017, 09:35 AM

We want to completely avoid the no-brainer effect that occurs in 1v1 late-game, where demo planted on a flag = free wipe.

We wanted to make demos only possible to hide in certain locations (e.g., heavy cover). However, when we tried implementing the feature, it didn't work. In order not to delay the release of the update on account of demos, we chose the implementation that you currently see.

I take it the plan is to work on a better implementation for a future update and/or the final release?
17 Nov 2017, 09:48 AM

But Obers Booby trap remains the same?
17 Nov 2017, 09:49 AM

Jackson cost too much.

Its survivility may be increased but it's firepower decreased significantly
We got expensive sherman with slower reload.

If you lost the first vs Ostheer after that snowball unstoppable
17 Nov 2017, 09:50 AM

Obers booby traps dont wipe if you are paying any attention and there is counterplay.
17 Nov 2017, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2017, 09:48 AMLatch

Obers booby traps don't wipe, they trigger as capping start, which means only a few models get killer, unless the player effectively delay capping with a unit inside the circle.

Nice troll tho..
17 Nov 2017, 10:00 AM

Jackson was fine (or even a bit OP) in v1.3 why but if even more ...
17 Nov 2017, 11:28 AM

Emplacements
To increase vulnerability of emplacement to their counters, the following changes have been made:
[...]
Incoming repairs reduced by 75% while brace is active

I got a question: Does this also affect "Stand Fast" from the Royal Engineers doctrine? :) The description of the Royal Engineers commander revamp was a little bit unclear there.

UKF Artillery Commander Concentration barrage
* Can no longer fire through the FOW

FINALLY!

* Now always fires Airburst shells, regardless of Anvil tech

What is the reason behind that tho? I know that Airburst shells got nerfed in their accuracy(thankfully), but I feel with the buff of the 25 pounder base howitzers, this ability might be insane keeping in mind how early you can use it already, and especially if you push with comets at the same time, it will still one-shot weapon crews and blind enemy tank crews

Royal Engineer Regiment

Vehicle Repair
* Recharge time from 120s to 45s
* Cost from 100 to 40
* Effects end when the vehicle is fully healed.

So does that mean, now you spend 40 munitions on an ability that can be used every 45s and that now fully repairs all vehicles? That sounds pretty broken in case I didnt misunderstand anything

EDIT: I misunderstood something :snfPeter:
17 Nov 2017, 11:34 AM
Donator 11

So does that mean, now you spend 40 munitions on an ability that can be used every 45s and that now fully repairs all vehicles? That sounds pretty broken in case I didnt misunderstand anything

Above it was clarified that its only for one tank and has a cooldown
17 Nov 2017, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2017, 11:34 AMArray

Above it was clarified that its only for one tank and has a cooldown

my bad, sry
17 Nov 2017, 11:37 AM
Donator 11

my bad, sry

not a problem
17 Nov 2017, 11:55 AM

UKF Artillery Commander Concentration barrage
* Can no longer fire through the FOW
* Now always fires Airburst shells, regardless of Anvil tech

YES. YES. YES. THANK YOU. Oh my God, I have been wanting this for so long. Bless you!
17 Nov 2017, 12:09 PM

Permanently Banned

Obers booby traps don't wipe, they trigger as capping start, which means only a few models get killer, unless the player effectively delay capping with a unit inside the circle.

Nice troll tho..

2 booby traps from obers or jager and thay wipe, thay even can kill t-70, we test it.
17 Nov 2017, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2017, 09:48 AMLatch

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but obers booby trap comes really late, doesn't wipe and there is an audio cues and delay.

OT what's the rationale behind the buff to bren reload speed? Won't that just encourage more bren blobing?
17 Nov 2017, 12:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Still no buff for valenteine, waht popcap he have guys, no buff for british priest. Now you kill the doc wihtout buff :clap:
17 Nov 2017, 12:12 PM

I just noticed that Tommies' health kit hotkey changed from H to Q. Is there a reason for this? Bug?

I mean, if we're going to change hotkeys, can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the reverse gear hotkey from U to something reachable, like V?
17 Nov 2017, 12:13 PM

Permanently Banned

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but obers booby trap comes really late, doesn't wipe and there is an audio cues and delay.

What about jager booby trap, waht about that now in patch you get obers faster coz price change, waht about that is good in late game (like with demo in VP).
17 Nov 2017, 12:19 PM

What about jager booby trap, waht about that now in patch you get obers faster coz price change, waht about that is good in late game (like with demo in VP).

Did you read the rest of my post?
17 Nov 2017, 12:41 PM

Permanently Banned

Did you read the rest of my post?

you write it after when i write to you, there was no nothing about brens. And we talk about booby trap not brens, that fact taht you dont know that you can pust 2-3 trap in one point talk a lot.
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Germany 17
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L