Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
31 Oct 2017, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2017, 00:38 AMLuciano
Oh, why not just give normal mine to res? And why changing the smoke from rifles to rear echelons? I dont get what is the point on that

I'm guesssing so AssEngs and Rifle mines still have some value, personally I don't mind, 50% MS debuff can help land an attack and a Snare.
31 Oct 2017, 00:49 AM

I get the thing with the smoke, can someone add the ability to all the engineers/res to equip/unequip the sweeper like sturmpioneers? And im talking about normal mines on REs, i think it is a good way to stop luchs rush or give light vehicle engine damage to m7 mines?
31 Oct 2017, 00:54 AM

The new OST Panther is now way better when it comes out at Vet0, which invalidates all the points you've just presented.

Vet2 bonus was BS anyway, and popcap won't matter if you don't try to spam it.

Way better how? cca 1 sec faster rof is "way better"?
Even that was compensation for removing vet 2 bonus.

U know what would be way better? To keep this faster reload and make it more accurate! I mean, its expensive, its late tier, its tank hunter, cant do anything else, if any tank deserves high acc its this one.
Only thing that you did is to make it miss faster than before and to die easier with vet. GG, yea way better, keep telling yourself that darling.
31 Oct 2017, 00:57 AM

Panther rate of fire is a problem, my full healt vet 0 okw panther cant kill vet 3 engine damaged firefly from the front, is that intentioned?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QxXmBY3ONI

min 33.30
31 Oct 2017, 01:12 AM

Way better how? cca 1 sec faster rof is "way better"?
Even that was compensation for removing vet 2 bonus.

U know what would be way better? To keep this faster reload and make it more accurate! I mean, its expensive, its late tier, its tank hunter, cant do anything else, if any tank deserves high acc its this one.
Only thing that you did is to make it miss faster than before and to die easier with vet. GG, yea way better, keep telling yourself that darling.

Way better as in the tighter reload (0.3 secs, as opposed to an entire 1 second of variance) will allow you to micro your Panther stop-shooting better.
31 Oct 2017, 01:18 AM
Patrion 14

OST spamming panthers? What game are you playing. Cuz I don’t ever see that in 1v1s, and by the time you have 2 of them in 2v2. You have plenty of allied tanks to be worried about. Including FFs/Coments/Jackson’s that are actually used correctly, and 85s. So please tell me where this spamming panthers is coming from. Oh wait 4v4 right?

If you're only playing 1v1 and 2v2 then the pop cap increase doesn't even effect you since you won't be in a situation where you'd have the resources for 2 panthers but lack 4 pop cap to get both out or you'd be already winning the match anyhow ;) So what if the pop cap nerf is only for bigger team games? I only play 2v2 and below but I don't see why team game players should not see their game improved if it does not affect me at all (which is the case here).

So the only change that concerns anyone playing 1v1 and 2v2 is that the panther receives a nice buff to its fire rate, which is among its biggest weaknesses, which is a great change.
31 Oct 2017, 01:27 AM

If the callin meta doesnt change ostheer players will keep going tiger instead of teching and going panther.
31 Oct 2017, 01:27 AM

Way better as in the tighter reload (0.3 secs, as opposed to an entire 1 second of variance) will allow you to micro your Panther stop-shooting better.

Way better ? Thats being generous.

The panther has abysmal accuracy and will be forever locked out of 1v1 until that is rectified.
If spamming is a problem then increase the pop cap to 25 for all I care but make it worth the cost.
31 Oct 2017, 01:28 AM

Soviet changes are nice, I really like using conscripts so it looks like this may bring them back into the fold. The PTRS satchel change is fair. Doesn't seem right penals can do everything with no trade offs. I wonder if the new HMG buffs actually make a difference? It doesn't seem so on paper.

USF is a bit iffy. I hope the callopie isn't overnerfed (From what I saw in the earlier patch preview it became hot garbage). What does the Priest AOE mean? That it got buffed or nerfed? I Like the idea of making Rear Echelons more "support", but I feel assaulting as USF is going to be far more difficult then it used to be, which that's their whole point as a faction.

Brits, trenches feel pointless to make now, brits aren't good at dislodging opponents so why would you give them a free trench in a tug of war game? Smoke on pit is good, just wish it was cheaper/squishier. Firefly being a stationery damage monster fits more with it's design.

OKW Kubel nerf thank god. Forward retreat point nerfs across the board. I don't think people see that the panther itself is pretty good and making it fire faster is the spot it should be buffed, it's just too far out of reach (on ostheer). Why would I tech up to get a panther when I can just save up and call in a Tiger? So far patch is looking good.
31 Oct 2017, 01:29 AM

Way better --->X

Better --->X

overall same --->✓ (nerfs with buff)

Worse --->X

If this is way better panther than before, how much is better jackson?
Waaa(ad infinitum)y better?

Meh, il just keep playin brits and okw, why should i bother and play more micro with anything else, especially Ostheer.

31 Oct 2017, 01:37 AM
Patrion 14

Could someone explain the conscript changes? To me it seems that cons with those changes will do the same or less damage on average as they do now and cons will have 5% less received accuracy which decreases their survivability at vet 3 compared to now. Am I missing something?
31 Oct 2017, 01:41 AM

Could someone explain the conscript changes? To me it seems that cons with those changes will do the same or less damage on average as they do now and will have 5% less received accuracy. Am I missing something?

Yeah, the long-range damage buff, plus the +10% accuracy at Vet3. Also the fact that they scale a bit more smoothly, starting from Vet1 onwards.

31 Oct 2017, 01:45 AM
Patrion 14

Yeah, the long-range damage buff, plus the +10% accuracy at Vet3. Also the fact that they scale a bit more smoothly, starting from Vet1 onwards.

I see, I'll have to test and see how it plays out. Thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure about the reduced survivability though, but the 10% at vet 3 and the long range dps are indeed significant, thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for the work you guys are putting in and the time you take to answer questions :)
31 Oct 2017, 02:03 AM

yiss can't wait

31 Oct 2017, 03:05 AM

IMO to replace the panther's missing 10% vet from armour, it should be replaced with a bonus, say 15%, to accuracy. This would make it more in line with UKF and OST tanks which seem to have a ubiquitous +30% to accuracy.

Currently neither OST or OKW have any accuracy bonuses from vet, which makes them a pain to use vet 0 to 3.
31 Oct 2017, 03:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

On the complaints about the Panther nerfs, there will likely be a look at other things revolving around the unit for both OKW and Ost variant.

Remember this is V1 and there is already stuff planned for V2 with Commander changes going to come at some point down the pipeline as well.

I mean the intro post from Relic themselves:

31 Oct 2017, 03:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I am so happy about this patch! Great work guys! Especially QoL and bugfix section! :)
31 Oct 2017, 03:42 AM

What about the differences between mgs, the mounted mg42 is the same but the coaxial and the hull machine guns are better in the okw panther but kinda meh in the ostheer one, why not make a machine gun that has the same stats in between variants?
31 Oct 2017, 04:05 AM

Remember this is V1 and there is already stuff planned for V2 with Commander changes going to come at some point down the pipeline as well.

Keeping that train movin'.

Curious how commander changes will result in alternatives for what's being proposed here with these "not final" changes.
31 Oct 2017, 04:23 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Give both panther the ability to have panzerschreck in pintle position :hyper:
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak