Login

russian armor

Need help to kill Advanced Emplacement Regiment

16 Sep 2017, 20:21 PM

Hven is mainly a British player and an average one at that. He will have a counter answer to every situation you post. He is just one of those guys.

It's well known, the doctorin is broken on top of a broken faction, anyone who refuses to accept or simply defends it just lowers their own credibility on this site, in particular, Hven.

It's simply not fun, it's cheesy, brace is flat out broken, no micro=intense micro, boring, static play. Add that with a well synergy teammate, with docirins/maps. Sim city becomes hell.

Don't bother replying to that morons post, there is no arguing with him.

As for OP. I'm sure you'll find Some suggestions within these post. Try to take it from there.

/thread

To you i'm wrong because i play brit. We are about same ranks, what right do you have to say i'm wrong and you are not ? Everything i said so far is reasonable. Atleast i'm proposing something. Unlike you i tried the thing to build my opinion by mylsef. I ain't just going with the widespread uninformed gossip. i'm not mugging anyone, not like someone. how hard is it to build 2 isg and use it's barrage exactly ? how much micro ? Find me a good players replay where simcity is actually op or scram (i know u won't, u just here to slander random ppl up).
16 Sep 2017, 20:46 PM

The problem is that you need a pit and a bofors to go up at pretty much the same exact time in order to cover each other, both in relevant positions to do so and make the enemy come to you, and it will still lose to indirect spam or a well coordinated combined arms attack anyway. You also have to have a contingency foeve in case they force a brace on your bofors, which means hardly any capping power between repairing REs and a defending army, and if you fuck it up or get caught in a bad place, you can't retreat or reverse your emplacements like a squad or a vehicle. So basically, you need to be playing against an opponent with the activity level, field presence, and strategic prowess of a pebble for it to work. Personally, I'd much rather use commandos and light vehicles than a sim city to support my army, and that's what I do.

i did, both set up. the 2 enemies raped it in 1 go while my randumb mate was taking a empty map or building more cashes than squad like it was the most important thing to do. It happened 8/10 matches.

Yes dat's my usual style too, it's sooo much better. I only tried dat simcity bs because ppl are bitching about it for years now. it make me sick to see player my rank like Intelligence209 taking me high when i say simcity is wretch. Maybe they are bad and say simcity are op to excuse their lack of decision making. I have hard time figuring if they are lying or really believe it. I should stop trying to reason with ppl, not dat i do it often. They won't try to be constructive anyway so they don't matter. CptOps seemed to want to know more about simcity and i was curious myself about it but i'm done with it now unless someone come with solid explication which aren't refuted by previous enunciated facts.
16 Sep 2017, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 20:21 PMHven

To you i'm wrong because i play brit. We are about same ranks, what right do you have to say i'm wrong and you are not ? Everything i said so far is reasonable. Atleast i'm proposing something. Unlike you i tried the thing to build my opinion by mylsef. I ain't just going with the widespread uninformed gossip. i'm not mugging anyone, not like someone. how hard is it to build 2 isg and use it's barrage exactly ? how much micro ? Find me a good players replay where simcity is actually op or scram (i know u won't, u just here to slander random ppl up).

I'm ranked 30~. Not sure how 30 and 110~ is close in your book but whatever floats your boat. Oh I just seen. You just be talking about 1v1 rank. Well I'm mostly a 2s player and very recently getting into 1s. Give it time. I'm not being a dick about this either, your simply talking paper when everyone else is talking reality. Your talking 1s, everyone else is talking teams. Your in denial. It's gravy
17 Sep 2017, 00:08 AM

I'm ranked 30~. Not sure how 30 and 110~ is close in your book but whatever floats your boat. Oh I just seen. You just be talking about 1v1 rank. Well I'm mostly a 2s player and very recently getting into 1s. Give it time. I'm not being a dick about this either, your simply talking paper when everyone else is talking reality. Your talking 1s, everyone else is talking teams. Your in denial. It's gravy

man, ya ~30 and u loss vs simcity ? comon there is just no way. pls stop bsing ppl about simcity being op :lol:
17 Sep 2017, 06:25 AM

Lol imo sim city is even worse in teamgames. There's almost always so much artillery flying around and almost rarely ever very coordinated teammates that sim cities usually get rekt real fast or get built on some stupid spot where they don't cover anything.
17 Sep 2017, 08:22 AM

Lol imo sim city is even worse in teamgames. There's almost always so much artillery flying around and almost rarely ever very coordinated teammates that sim cities usually get rekt real fast or get built on some stupid spot where they don't cover anything.

+1
17 Sep 2017, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 22:34 PMHven

they don't have it right away plus FHQ cost 250mp + 200 mp for repair yet again giving a even bigger mp "advantage" to enemy army. the key is speed, destroy it b4 it's rentable. it's not hard in early due to lack of strength on ukf part and it's not really harder in late considering arty ability and stukastufus/lefh etc.

Ho do you know it's not hard? You don't play axis
17 Sep 2017, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 14:14 PMCptOps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG7EpnII3Dk this is the perfect example but they countered it,but as you can tell they had micro their hand off.

1- Leave 1 squad just capping backflags. Getting into good position/garrison early on >> capping. Or kill first, then cap.

OH basically didn't fight for the first 3 mins of the game. He basically send the MG to fuel and park it on house doing nothing. Still he made his pio decap it.
OKW guy basically fend off 2v1 situation and won.
OH goes for a 3min bunker (Pio + Gren) and then proceed to go for mid. Pio goes into pocket strat point which on most cases is defended by base bunkers and forced to retreat. Gren gets focused fire without cover at point blank against IS + Rifles at range. He also goes for a double Pio early which is weird for this map, specially if he didn't get flamers (which the munition was prolly used for MG bunker).

2- Discuss with your partner and plan ahead what tech you are going.

OKW goes for a fast T1 with 3 units built and then proceed to play till 7mins with just 3 Volks and 1 Spio. He gets medics but then he also proceeds to tech for some reason mech. When pairing with OH, he can easily put a base bunker to get medics without spending a tier. If you don't rush T2 for P2 or late tech for Stuka, i think it's just better to get T3 for late game Obers and tanks.

3- Floating resources
I don't find floating munitions early on a good idea. After you get upgrades or you are in the late game where you have access to powerful offmap, that's another story. Get STG on Volks, plant mines or use more nades. Win more.

4- Don't idle your units. Idle means popcap which translates into passive bleed.
OKW: this is mostly going back prior to teching. IF you don't plan to put a semi forward medic truck for reinforce or you are not planning to rush a P2/FlakHT there's little point on fast teching. If you need fast healing, there's other more efficient ways (medkits/medic bunker). He could had lock down that game in the first 5 mins if he had any earlier support from OH. 4 Volks + Kubel/MG34 and they wouldn't had any chance of deploying any simcity. Building only 3 Volks and sitting back for teching 2 tiers is what allowed UKF to deploy simcity at all.

OH: early on the backbone of your army is MG42/mortar/sniper. He basically didn't make use of anything of it for the first 5 mins. MG was just parked in the house. He also used grens at the wrong range (remember that small arm fire ignores non garrison cover at >10 ranges).

MG42/Sniper/Mortar supporting Volks early on into a fast P2 => GG before Bofor/Mortar is even deployed at the 7 min mark. You need 110f (-10f from initial) to rush it. At 5:50 he would had enough fuel to start building it. At 6:30 he would had a P2. Sooner if he had gotten more units to fight/decap the other fuel point.

Nevertheless, after he made his decisions, the OKW took the right approach at first since he just went for the "late" game solution of going double ISG but the wrong execution. He started blobbing his 3 Volks/SP into basically MG fire + double mortar pit + Bofor barrage. Don't go into the meatgrinder unless you have the tools to kill the simcity*. Never cap on the middle circle of points, since those provide vision for the enemy (which means getting your units been shot automatically by indirect).
Don't start with the mortar pits. Kill either the forward assembly or the Bofors (which means your ISG are safe from mortar pit most of the time).
He still proceed to win later when he used the offmap barrage. After Bofor died, all the simcity crumbled easily.

*PD: you don't sit on base but you don't keep bashing your head into MG positions. Keep whatever you can from strat point in "safe" positions, don't get over your head the VP bleed if you have at least 1 and just wait it out. Buildings are not going to move from their positions.
17 Sep 2017, 15:21 PM

Does anyonce here realized that the guy bleed MP so hard just to fight simcity honestly the brit and us had the upper hand but they waste their armor.If US get a decent blob up,or brit take out the time to get bren,then they will destroy the entire axis front line which had no SMG or LMG.And allies don't seem to care to get just 1 AT in order to fight off jappanzers,or anytype of armor.
How can you kil a forward assembly or the Bofors first if the mortal pit can destroy both of you Supp gun by then?
And nobody feel like simcity is hard to break?After that replays you guy keep sending out idea about early rushes.I deploy that panzer 2 and puma rush and you all know how that end up.
Does anybody here who post a 6 line long reply about countering it ez and early ever truly tested their fact before?
Untill now the only thing i got that made sense is doctrial,and rush tier 3 beside that some of you just running around saying Simcity is weak or ez to counter.
17 Sep 2017, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 18:03 PMHven

3.30 no idea why he didn't just rush enemies fuel like every okw does. ez win mechanic. he said he would operate on mid, prolly to support wehr against overly aggresive brits in early (:nahnah:). edit: allies changed side (echelon caped their fuel side so i thought ukf would be on wehr side). going mid was just the safe choice.

4.10 we can see yellow sturmpio and 1 volk winning 2 green core infantries and a mortar. great exemple of how strong and dominering okw is in early. Volk bleed 30mp more which is few concidering it's 2v3 (with yellow vs green cover) for a value of 250 mp actually bought by okw vs 520 for allies. Wehr could cap territory without doing anything and okw got 2 fresh volk whom which could to contest usf side (1echelon defending).

11.30 we can see upgraded pit gettin asswhooped by a single isg
he keep packing his isg, dat's bad but he do not get punished as much as he should

19.48 we see forward HQ very low, barrage it with isg and it's -450mp for ukf. he didn't, it was top objective tho. he chose to barrage bofors.

21.17 he goes for barrage bofors, incendiary and jagd' it. it's always a good pick up to avoid bofors' barrage on mid vp. if he doesn't profite of the opening to attack pits then it won't be as good as destroying FHQ. => he attacks but pull back, the intent was there so it's ok choice.

35.00 he got a pit with same strat, not much work to do. he ho FHQ at some point, didn't notice when.

the whole game okw dude kept his ammo for incendary and plane stike, dat's well done. he went jadg to avoid getting mp bleed and have it decrewd when he need AT. the range of jagd allow him a couples of shots on emplacements dat's well played too.

he didn't micro more than he would if he played against something else than simcity. it was all about decision. Basically we saw simcity fail and 2 isg winning over it. when there was no emplacements anymore isg could still bleed allies when ukf had no arty anymore to fight dat mg. if ukf made squad in place of emplacement then okw would have done one more mg to block ukf, used isg to screw vickers and bought p4 in place of jagd to hammer infantry. it's the same micro.
To me it's just another example of the fact simcity sucks.

11:30 dude that supp started bombarding since the 10 min mark and after 1 min that what it got,50% hp down only to go back to full later.( and at 10:08 he started to bombard it and you can see the pit wasn't upgraded back then)
4:10 that 1 strumpionner and 1 volk wining against 1 rifleman(mainly it was the strum),later pionner had to retreat and 2 volk come in which lead to tommy retreat and 1 volk almost got wipe)250mp vs 520 can you explain this parts?
17 Sep 2017, 18:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 15:21 PMCptOps
Does anyonce here realized that the guy bleed MP so hard just to fight simcity honestly the brit and us had the upper hand but they waste their armor.If US get a decent blob up,or brit take out the time to get bren,then they will destroy the entire axis front line which had no SMG or LMG.And allies don't seem to care to get just 1 AT in order to fight off jappanzers,or anytype of armor.
How can you kil a forward assembly or the Bofors first if the mortal pit can destroy both of you Supp gun by then?
And nobody feel like simcity is hard to break?After that replays you guy keep sending out idea about early rushes.I deploy that panzer 2 and puma rush and you all know how that end up.
Does anybody here who post a 6 line long reply about countering it ez and early ever truly tested their fact before?
Untill now the only thing i got that made sense is doctrial,and rush tier 3 beside that some of you just running around saying Simcity is weak or ez to counter.

As i said before, if you can't believe anyone of the posters here, then upload a replay of your own for the strategist to analyse them and give further more specific tips on how you can deal with it.

https://www.coh2.org/forum/2/state-office
https://www.coh2.org/replay

1-You kill the Bofors first cause ISG have 100 range (105 at vet1 and 140ish with barrage at vet3) and the mortar pit gets 115. The Bofors has to be in front of the mortar pits in order to protect and due to hitbox and size, you can shoot at it without getting retaliated by mortar pits.

2-You rush a P2 to END the game. The idea on beating simcity players is before they are able to start constructing it because they are going to be playing with a smaller army on the early game, specially if a third or quarter of his army has to be building something in the front.

3-What IF the guys get's supported by USF you say? Well what is your partner doing at the same time. That's one of the biggest mistakes people make on 2v2 by treating it like it was 2 1v1s going at the same time and slowly capping their side of the map while the other guys is getting double teamed.

4-Puma rush is unnecessary on the current meta. T70 arrives later and it isn't as scary as before. LT openings means either M20 or AA HT which can be dealt with P2. Stuart/AEC is more light AT-ish this days with their AI been nerf (and bofor means no aec).

Beating simcity is more annoying than hard, cause you need to be methodic in how you approach it. If you can't put pressure on the first 7mins of the game, just think that you are in that game for an extra 20mins. If you are confident, you can smoke + FHT but good players can use attack ground. Still, if you attack it while its at low health, it's doable.
17 Sep 2017, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 17:29 PMCptOps

11:30 dude that supp started bombarding since the 10 min mark and after 1 min that what it got,50% hp down only to go back to full later.( and at 10:08 he started to bombard it and you can see the pit wasn't upgraded back then)
4:10 that 1 strumpionner and 1 volk wining against 1 rifleman(mainly it was the strum),later pionner had to retreat and 2 volk come in which lead to tommy retreat and 1 volk almost got wipe)250mp vs 520 can you explain this parts?

250mp vs 520mp:
1 riffle + 1mortar =520 mp. i don't count the free tommy.
1 volk = 250mp. i don't count the free sturmpio.

just presented it like dis to point the fact that okw win every very early engagements where sturmpios are present (dat's why i'm surprised he didn't rush enemy fuel concidering he is sure to be able to take and hold it).
having sturmpio as starting unit always seemed off to me, they beat the crap out of everything in earlyafter all they don't have to build tiers. starting with volk would fix that problem (even if sturm is built as 1st unit it will come a bit later and okw would have to paying a bit more would slow the unit coming after).
Just sayin okw is dominant, if tommies are fighting they cannot build anything. if u got 3-4 volk he won't be able to afford a pit. either he does more unit or he lose. if he pit later then just do what was advised by everyone until now
18 Sep 2017, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2017, 21:44 PMHven

250mp vs 520mp:
1 riffle + 1mortar =520 mp. i don't count the free tommy.
1 volk = 250mp. i don't count the free sturmpio.

just presented it like dis to point the fact that okw win every very early engagements where sturmpios are present (dat's why i'm surprised he didn't rush enemy fuel concidering he is sure to be able to take and hold it).
having sturmpio as starting unit always seemed off to me, they beat the crap out of everything in earlyafter all they don't have to build tiers. starting with volk would fix that problem (even if sturm is built as 1st unit it will come a bit later and okw would have to paying a bit more would slow the unit coming after).
Just sayin okw is dominant, if tommies are fighting they cannot build anything. if u got 3-4 volk he won't be able to afford a pit. either he does more unit or he lose. if he pit later then just do what was advised by everyone until now

Strum is really fragile and need to get close to be good.And you can see he retreated a full HP rifleman i am not sure why ,but if he move them to fight the pionners then they would had die really fast and volk will had to hold untill 2 more volk came.Not sure if it would be enought to force them back.
18 Sep 2017, 03:25 AM

As i said before, if you can't believe anyone of the posters here, then upload a replay of your own for the strategist to analyse them and give further more specific tips on how you can deal with it.

https://www.coh2.org/forum/2/state-office
https://www.coh2.org/replay

1-You kill the Bofors first cause ISG have 100 range (105 at vet1 and 140ish with barrage at vet3) and the mortar pit gets 115. The Bofors has to be in front of the mortar pits in order to protect and due to hitbox and size, you can shoot at it without getting retaliated by mortar pits.

2-You rush a P2 to END the game. The idea on beating simcity players is before they are able to start constructing it because they are going to be playing with a smaller army on the early game, specially if a third or quarter of his army has to be building something in the front.

3-What IF the guys get's supported by USF you say? Well what is your partner doing at the same time. That's one of the biggest mistakes people make on 2v2 by treating it like it was 2 1v1s going at the same time and slowly capping their side of the map while the other guys is getting double teamed.

4-Puma rush is unnecessary on the current meta. T70 arrives later and it isn't as scary as before. LT openings means either M20 or AA HT which can be dealt with P2. Stuart/AEC is more light AT-ish this days with their AI been nerf (and bofor means no aec).

Beating simcity is more annoying than hard, cause you need to be methodic in how you approach it. If you can't put pressure on the first 7mins of the game, just think that you are in that game for an extra 20mins. If you are confident, you can smoke + FHT but good players can use attack ground. Still, if you attack it while its at low health, it's doable.

Not everydays you run into this but the next time i will be sure to let you know how you advised work.
I did rush the p2 and almost ended the game,they called for a surrender but the brit beat me with simcity,so i am not sure why you would recommend me this.
Pit was close to bofor that the idea you see they build 2, and pit can get Garrison Bonus with infantry so that 1 royal afking, and they barrage ability which can do exactly what the supp gun can(only 2x time).And i clearly remember somebody here pointed out that Pit out-range supp guns.
This thread served it purpose i got what i need.Ty to those people that point out to me about LEFH arty,Zeroing,and Panzer4 rush vs brit.From now on it just a disscusion about gameplay.
18 Sep 2017, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2017, 03:25 AMCptOps

Not everydays you run into this but the next time i will be sure to let you know how you advised work.
I did rush the p2 and almost ended the game,they called for a surrender but the brit beat me with simcity,so i am not sure why you would recommend me this.
Pit was close to bofor that the idea you see they build 2, and pit can get Garrison Bonus with infantry so that 1 royal afking, and they barrage ability which can do exactly what the supp gun can(only 2x time).And i clearly remember somebody here pointed out that Pit out-range supp guns.
This thread served it purpose i got what i need.Ty to those people that point out to me about LEFH arty,Zeroing,and Panzer4 rush vs brit.From now on it just a disscusion about gameplay.

About the isgs vs bofors and pit - what elcino was saying is that due to the fact that the bofors hit box is very large, an isg with 100 range can hit it even if the bofors is super close to the mortar pit with 115 as 15 range isn't that much, don't quote me on this but I believe 15m is 1.5 Molotov impact circles, do not that big, and certainly smaller than the diameter of a bofors. You just have to be careful though, as the isgs will be right on the edge of the pit's range. Once the bofors is gone (or even just braced) the sim city is easy pickings.
18 Sep 2017, 06:18 AM

to get the first ISG out you need minimun 5-6min...
to get a vet 3 isg need minimun 12-15min after the building...

so the brit has around 20min to build up with no fear ...

after the 20min mark he can bring out the first tanks while u stay there with 2-3 isgs and no tanks

18 Sep 2017, 08:08 AM

The mortar pit doesn't belong into the game.

If you want to tell me that this thing is even remotely fair, watch this video. No micro from the British players part, yet full effect. And it's not only that map. The mortar pit ruins gameplay in about half a dozen 2vs2 maps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ysPdW_E5FY
18 Sep 2017, 12:38 PM

Some of you are pathetic and blind to think the pit isn't a problem.
18 Sep 2017, 13:57 PM

Some of you are pathetic and blind to think the pit isn't a problem.

Some people are very protective of seeing their 2003 era victory screen graphics. :D
18 Sep 2017, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Some people are very protective of seeing their 2003 era victory screen graphics. :D

More like people are more prone to just QQ even if OP is just asking for advice. Is the mortar pit design stupid? Absolutely. But since this is 09/2017 and there is no patch on sight, i found people's tear amusing at most when they keep repeating the same thing over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ysPdW_E5FY

Double old OP arty cover + comet spam

IF OP sees this video, here you can see how much more effective is playing without a "pure" simcity style of play. Bren carrier and more units fielded instead of just rushing the whole simcity combo with forward assembly and bofors.
You can also check how the Sturmtiger fails when used while braced is been active. If Floyd had spend time wiping squads n tanks instead of going for fog of war shots, they would had had a better time. Cruzz basically carried that game till the UK players throw it by sending tanks to die in order to kill the ST.
If you use Elite armor, remember that the officer upgrade has access to artillery as well. Which is crap against moving targets but useful against emplacements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★