Login

russian armor

Need help to kill Advanced Emplacement Regiment

15 Sep 2017, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 15:25 PMHven

pre doc3 is before he reach 3 level or doctrine or w/e it's called. just attack with yer infantry. If he was planning a early pit, then he will be under manned and u will overpower him (bleed and force full retreat).
He shouldn't be able to build pit or if he does it will be on a less interesting spot leaving you room to just play around it (or double mortar it if ya cant get near). If the early pit is set then mortar /mg at rounds / smallarms it cuz he won't be able to fight back consistantly. he may overstay with his squad in a desesperate attempt to defend it, leading to squad wipe.
If he does his first pit later then it's harder to destroy it but still managable. if u are in 2v2 communicate with your mate to do a joint attack on it. the earlier the better, when it's not vetted and ukf may not have done all the layout he wants (mines, pit upgrade, fp, fprepair). imo destroying a pit should be top priority if he is on a annoying position, it's a 400 mp sitting duck.

so far the only thing i appreciate in the AER is repair on FP. it make it feel worth it.
So far early pit works only vs passive opponents. will experiment more and report.

It work on everyonce,then force you into a standstill or wrost crazy assault that can depend on alot of thing in order to succeed like hmmm where is his mg and AT at,will RNG bless me,what flank is the best flank but like they said no plan survine first contact with the enemy.This is risky tactic.But better risky then let the fucker campt and said GG
15 Sep 2017, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 15:31 PMCptOps

It work on everyonce,then force you into a standstill or wrost crazy assault that can depend on alot of thing in order to succeed like hmmm where is his mg and AT at,will RNG bless me,what flank is the best flank but like they said no plan survine first contact with the enemy.This is risky tactic.But better risky then let the fucker campt and said GG

there is no real risk in early but it scale with time . Often u will find him with his pants down. He will be tempted to not just hug his pit with his whole army. If you spot squad(s) somewhere then u know it ain't hugging the pit.

i know theory is easier said than done. while playing we cannot think as clearer as if we were watching a video. imo pit isn't as op af as everyone seems to believe. it got it's strongs and weaks points. multiple pits just strengten/weaken those points. When a 200 mp 221 blow a 400 mp pit thru a edge in like 5sec without taking any danger, it really feels like it's just a unavoidable waste.

15 Sep 2017, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 16:17 PMHven

there is no real risk in early but it scale with time . Often u will find him with his pants down. He will be tempted to not just hug his pit with his whole army. If you spot squad(s) somewhere then u know it ain't hugging the pit.

Does it matter if the squad it hugging it or not?
15 Sep 2017, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 16:18 PMCptOps

Does it matter if the squad it hugging it or not?

i edited my previous post while u wrote this one*
well if it ain't then the pit is open. not having his squad in the path just push your already existant advantage further. as i experiment pit with AER i will see how pit help against assault against itself but so far it's not of much help. just get rushed while infantry is outnumbered.
15 Sep 2017, 16:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 16:31 PMHven

i edited my previous post while u wrote this one*
well if it ain't then the pit is open. not having his squad in the path just push your already existant advantage further. as i experiment pit with AER i will see how pit help against assault against itself but so far it's not of much help. just get rushed while infantry is outnumbered.

Build a bofor with full upgrade, no infantry can take a bofor head no matter how many 1000% sure of that, use AT gun to shoot at it and you will know why i call it churchill.Use the cheat mode to test this.
Only strengten never weaken,and i swear to you if you fortication it the 290MP blow a 400mp you talk about will be like a cruel joke.
15 Sep 2017, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 16:35 PMCptOps

Build a bofor with full upgrade, no infantry can take a bofor head no matter how many 1000% sure of that, use AT gun to shoot at it and you will know why i call it churchill.Use the cheat mode to test this.
Only strengten never weaken,and i swear to you if you fortication it the 290MP blow a 400mp you talk about will be like a cruel joke.

someone on this tread said to not do bofors. just got my fp-pit destroyed easily by arty commanders ability and stukastufus. had fp repair and 2 RE. the more i play it the weaker it looks. so u advice to make a bofors then a pit then a fp ? can try it. it will make the whole thing even weaker to arty. atleast it's only 280 mp.
15 Sep 2017, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 12:48 PMHven

i already said those players were bad.
ukf bleed equaly while repairing.
it's funny how in your eyes me, a brit player, is necessarily biased. i dare you to find a goodplayer (both side) replay with brits simcity winning (in which axis side lose cannot be explained by stupid choice), so i can judge for myself. i will be waiting. i'm curious to see it, dat pit which is trash in my hands (vs player dat know what they are doing) being so op.

Ukf doesn't bleed equally when they have their forward assembly that repairs for free
15 Sep 2017, 22:34 PM

Ukf doesn't bleed equally when they have their forward assembly that repairs for free

they don't have it right away plus FHQ cost 250mp + 200 mp for repair yet again giving a even bigger mp "advantage" to enemy army. the key is speed, destroy it b4 it's rentable. it's not hard in early due to lack of strength on ukf part and it's not really harder in late considering arty ability and stukastufus/lefh etc.
16 Sep 2017, 06:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 17:57 PMHven

someone on this tread said to not do bofors. just got my fp-pit destroyed easily by arty commanders ability and stukastufus. had fp repair and 2 RE. the more i play it the weaker it looks. so u advice to make a bofors then a pit then a fp ? can try it. it will make the whole thing even weaker to arty. atleast it's only 280 mp.

fp-Pit?Dude i don't know if wheither you just defening the brit faction or that i don't get you sentence the right way.If you are talking about pit being destroyed easily by arty commanders ability and stukastufus(don't even know what this it) then that was in the late game,all arty call in and heavy air strike only come online asleast mid -late game stuka can take out ONE unbrace pit,arty can wipe all depending on which arty the heavier the later to come online.Please no more short word type,alot of this don't made sense.
You had to post a gameplay of you doing this for me to belive it is ez to destroy a fully upgrade simcity campt.
Positioning a pit it also once of the thing that made this simcity thing OP.Never seen a pit out in the open before in my life.
16 Sep 2017, 06:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2017, 22:34 PMHven

they don't have it right away plus FHQ cost 250mp + 200 mp for repair yet again giving a even bigger mp "advantage" to enemy army. the key is speed, destroy it b4 it's rentable. it's not hard in early due to lack of strength on ukf part and it's not really harder in late considering arty ability and stukastufus/lefh etc.

I will said this right now UK is not weak in early game,their infantry just get to cover and all axis forces will had a hard fight and that not even mentioning MG which they can build right away withought having to tech up.Wehrmacht work the same way except that grenadier is weak and vulnerable.And there is even a regiment that let them had their normal buff outside of cover and got an advanced buff inside cover what regeiment was is? oh is this once Mobile Assault Regiment
16 Sep 2017, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 06:42 AMCptOps

I will said this right now UK is not weak in early game,their infantry just get to cover and all axis forces will had a hard fight and that not even mentioning MG which they can build right away withought having to tech up.Wehrmacht work the same way except that grenadier is weak and vulnerable.And there is even a regiment that let them had their normal buff outside of cover and got an advanced buff inside cover what regeiment was is? oh is this once Mobile Assault Regiment

i was the one how dared guys who say sim city is op to post a replay of equal skilled axis who lose to simcity without it being due to badplays. I say ukf is weak in early if they go for a pit or any emplacement (dat exactly why i say pit ain't great) => they aren't weak if they don't. vickers get rekt by best mortar of the game wehr one (btw both axis got mg without tech up aswell). grenadier is weaker only if there is greencover for brit. if brits lose some health before reaching cover then they are equal footed. dat commander cover ability is only worth it when infantry got brens plus it's expensive so only late game thing.
16 Sep 2017, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 06:34 AMCptOps

fp-Pit?Dude i don't know if wheither you just defening the brit faction or that i don't get you sentence the right way.If you are talking about pit being destroyed easily by arty commanders ability and stukastufus(don't even know what this it) then that was in the late game,all arty call in and heavy air strike only come online asleast mid -late game stuka can take out ONE unbrace pit,arty can wipe all depending on which arty the heavier the later to come online.Please no more short word type,alot of this don't made sense.
You had to post a gameplay of you doing this for me to belive it is ez to destroy a fully upgrade simcity campt.
Positioning a pit it also once of the thing that made this simcity thing OP.Never seen a pit out in the open before in my life.

commander artys are a late game thing but it easily prevent any acces to stock arty for brit. it's as if wehr automatically lost his mortars/pzwerfers at 25min. ok pit may have paid itself by then but so does wehr mortar or okw isg (and those can move out of arty strike). once axis mg are set in late game then is nothing ukf can do about it exept flank with tommies (lololol) or snipe (big chance of counter snipe vs wehr as they got best snipe and he will be on their side with easy cover/camo). there is doctrinal but yet again a faction shouldn't have to rely on doctrinal to have a chance to win.
16 Sep 2017, 12:51 PM

Hven so you agree that with 2 tommy and 1 mg brit í good in early that mean if a guy want to build he will get started right after he got his main line up.
Wehr mortar idk but okw supp gun won't paid for themself after seeing their poor prefomnce against this regiment muti-time.I had stoped getting supp gun,stuka.Spend all of the MP on Doctial counter,or spam panzer 4.
Btw the Mobile Assault Regiment buff i think it passive active or does normaly tommy inside cover can take on 2 volk and strumpionners?
16 Sep 2017, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 12:51 PMCptOps
Btw the Mobile Assault Regiment buff i think it passive active or does normaly tommy inside cover can take on 2 volk and strumpionners?

once actiaved
Advanced Cover Combat

Out of cover bonus with ability active:-20% reload, normal cooldown.
In cover bonus with ability active: -40% reload, -20% cool-down.
16 Sep 2017, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 13:06 PMVipper

once actiaved
Advanced Cover Combat

Out of cover bonus with ability active:-20% reload, normal cooldown.
In cover bonus with ability active: -40% reload, -20% cool-down.

That explain alot time to lusch rush.
16 Sep 2017, 13:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 12:51 PMCptOps
Hven so you agree that with 2 tommy and 1 mg brit í good in early that mean if a guy want to build he will get started right after he got his main line up.
Wehr mortar idk but okw supp gun won't paid for themself after seeing their poor prefomnce against this regiment muti-time.I had stoped getting supp gun,stuka.Spend all of the MP on Doctial counter,or spam panzer 4.

Man, i tried everything, every build and it just cannot work. i don't agree dat 2 tommies and 1 mg is good, dat's exactly why it cannot work. it's not enough to survive the incoming spam. your 2 tommies 1 mg crumble, leaving a expensive useless pit which is destroyed by anything (it last some time vs small arms but is destroyed anyway cuz brits cannot retake. if there is anything else than small arms helping then it's destroyed real fast). if you somehow reach mid game (only because enemies are stupidly passive) then they will just teamup and walk all over you.

Ukf got no arty to fight hgm, good luck against the 2 hmg closing half the map. Do the same with vickers will you say. Wehr mortar barrage kill 1 crewman with each shell (just happened). If you try to reposition it then a grenadier is ready to walk up to it.

About Advanced cover bonus: i was wrong it's not expensive, it's 75 ammo.
Here is what Hector says about it in his guide: http://puu.sh/xB6pV/0c81d022ff.png
=> it's a late game thing. Even if it's only 2 cp brits don't get much effect out of it in early/mid plus brits are ammo starved by medic upgrade, mines/sweeper and then brens.

Anyway, i'm now pretty sure it's a l2p issue on axis part. I didn't play with premade (only with randoms, spamming cashes fgt lol) so maybe 2 guys actively working together to have the simcity setup, work and last is better but unlikely imo. If anyone provide a replay/video of simcity working without axis help then i'm willing to apologize lol.

The only good things in the commander are repair station and barrage. i stop trying this s**t. I go back to my usual style to get back those 2xx ranks i lost :D
16 Sep 2017, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 13:43 PMHven

Man, i tried everything, every build and it just cannot work. i don't agree dat 2 tommies and 1 mg is good, dat's exactly why it cannot work. it's not enough to survive the incoming spam. your 2 tommies 1 mg crumble, leaving a expensive useless pit which is destroyed by anything (it last some time vs small arms but is destroyed anyway cuz brits cannot retake. if there is anything else than small arms helping then it's destroyed real fast). if you somehow reach mid game (only because enemies are stupidly passive) then they will just teamup and walk all over you.

Ukf got no arty to fight hgm, good luck against the 2 hmg closing half the map. Do the same with vickers will you say. Wehr mortar barrage kill 1 crewman with each shell (just happened). If you try to reposition it then a grenadier is ready to walk up to it.

Here is what Hector says about it in his guide: http://puu.sh/xB6pV/0c81d022ff.png
=> it's a late game thing. Even if it's only 2 cp brits don't get much effect out of it in early/mid plus brits are ammo starved by medic upgrade, mines/sweeper and then brens.

Anyway, i'm now pretty sure it's a l2p issue on axis part. I didn't play with premade (only with randoms, spamming cashes fgt lol) so maybe 2 guys actively working together to have the simcity setup, work and last is better but unlikely imo. If anyone provide a replay/video of simcity working without axis help then i'm willing to apologize lol.

The only good things in the commander are repair station and barrage. i stop trying this s**t. I go back to my usual style to get back those 2xx ranks i lost :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG7EpnII3Dk this is the perfect example but they countered it,but as you can tell they had micro their hand off.
16 Sep 2017, 17:04 PM

Hven is mainly a British player and an average one at that. He will have a counter answer to every situation you post. He is just one of those guys.

It's well known, the doctorin is broken on top of a broken faction, anyone who refuses to accept or simply defends it just lowers their own credibility on this site, in particular, Hven.

It's simply not fun, it's cheesy, brace is flat out broken, no micro=intense micro, boring, static play. Add that with a well synergy teammate, with docirins/maps. Sim city becomes hell.

Don't bother replying to that morons post, there is no arguing with him.

As for OP. I'm sure you'll find Some suggestions within these post. Try to take it from there.

/thread
16 Sep 2017, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 14:14 PMCptOps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG7EpnII3Dk this is the perfect example but they countered it,but as you can tell they had micro to hand off.

3.30 no idea why he didn't just rush enemies fuel like every okw does. ez win mechanic. he said he would operate on mid, prolly to support wehr against overly aggresive brits in early (:nahnah:). edit: allies changed side (echelon caped their fuel side so i thought ukf would be on wehr side). going mid was just the safe choice.

4.10 we can see yellow sturmpio and 1 volk winning 2 green core infantries and a mortar. great exemple of how strong and dominering okw is in early. Volk bleed 30mp more which is few concidering it's 2v3 (with yellow vs green cover) for a value of 250 mp actually bought by okw vs 520 for allies. Wehr could cap territory without doing anything and okw got 2 fresh volk whom which could to contest usf side (1echelon defending).

11.30 we can see upgraded pit gettin asswhooped by a single isg
he keep packing his isg, dat's bad but he do not get punished as much as he should

19.48 we see forward HQ very low, barrage it with isg and it's -450mp for ukf. he didn't, it was top objective tho. he chose to barrage bofors.

21.17 he goes for barrage bofors, incendiary and jagd' it. it's always a good pick up to avoid bofors' barrage on mid vp. if he doesn't profite of the opening to attack pits then it won't be as good as destroying FHQ. => he attacks but pull back, the intent was there so it's ok choice.

35.00 he got a pit with same strat, not much work to do. he ho FHQ at some point, didn't notice when.

the whole game okw dude kept his ammo for incendary and plane stike, dat's well done. he went jadg to avoid getting mp bleed and have it decrewd when he need AT. the range of jagd allow him a couples of shots on emplacements dat's well played too.

he didn't micro more than he would if he played against something else than simcity. it was all about decision. Basically we saw simcity fail and 2 isg winning over it. when there was no emplacements anymore isg could still bleed allies when ukf had no arty anymore to fight dat mg. if ukf made squad in place of emplacement then okw would have done one more mg to block ukf, used isg to screw vickers and bought p4 in place of jagd to hammer infantry. it's the same micro.
To me it's just another example of the fact simcity sucks.
16 Sep 2017, 18:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 13:43 PMHven

The problem is that you need a pit and a bofors to go up at pretty much the same exact time in order to cover each other, both in relevant positions to do so and make the enemy come to you, and it will still lose to indirect spam or a well coordinated combined arms attack anyway. You also have to have a contingency foeve in case they force a brace on your bofors, which means hardly any capping power between repairing REs and a defending army, and if you fuck it up or get caught in a bad place, you can't retreat or reverse your emplacements like a squad or a vehicle. So basically, you need to be playing against an opponent with the activity level, field presence, and strategic prowess of a pebble for it to work. Personally, I'd much rather use commandos and light vehicles than a sim city to support my army, and that's what I do.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
Peru 10
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %