Login

russian armor

Need help to kill Advanced Emplacement Regiment

12 Sep 2017, 22:28 PM

Centaur (the aa tank) will shred infantry really fast, but I don't believe I remember it suppressing. I think your best bet in these situations is to avoid the simcity as much as you can but failing that, getting a Stuka and sniping his at guns and mgs while forcing a brace on the bofors primarily and the pit if possible, which should be very doable with one barrage, and then rushing in with the rest of your army should end his sim city in the mid game before tanks even start rolling out. Flamenades and automatic weapons or at guns and any kind of armor (if you have it) will be your best friend when fighting a braced sim city. If you're wehr, don't forget about smoke, as it will block mgs and at least level the field a little with the bofors, which will have to use attack ground. If they're not that good, they might not even know how to attack inf with attack ground either.
12 Sep 2017, 22:41 PM

pathetic how with a push of a button you can pop alien technology force field and self repair. legit 0 micro. meanwhile the opponent is ripping their hair out trying to deal with it.. British was effectively the nail in relics coffin
12 Sep 2017, 23:18 PM

Centaur (the aa tank) will shred infantry really fast, but I don't believe I remember it suppressing....

Normal fire does not suppress the vet 1 ability does.
13 Sep 2017, 06:29 AM

pathetic how with a push of a button you can pop alien technology force field and self repair. legit 0 micro. meanwhile the opponent is ripping their hair out trying to deal with it.. British was effectively the nail in relics coffin

Is not the faction it just this "Advanced Emplacement Regiment" alone that had lose to often,lose 5 match since i start playing because of this shit.
13 Sep 2017, 06:31 AM

Centaur (the aa tank) will shred infantry really fast, but I don't believe I remember it suppressing. I think your best bet in these situations is to avoid the simcity as much as you can but failing that, getting a Stuka and sniping his at guns and mgs while forcing a brace on the bofors primarily and the pit if possible, which should be very doable with one barrage, and then rushing in with the rest of your army should end his sim city in the mid game before tanks even start rolling out. Flamenades and automatic weapons or at guns and any kind of armor (if you have it) will be your best friend when fighting a braced sim city. If you're wehr, don't forget about smoke, as it will block mgs and at least level the field a little with the bofors, which will have to use attack ground. If they're not that good, they might not even know how to attack inf with attack ground either.

dude the simcity take no damg even when not braced,stuka only scrat them asleast.Then when my infantry move in they will get rape no matter what.
13 Sep 2017, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2017, 23:18 PMVipper

Normal fire does not suppress the vet 1 ability does.

Ah that's good to know.
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2017, 06:31 AMCptOps

dude the simcity take no damg even when not braced,stuka only scrat them asleast.Then when my infantry move in they will get rape no matter what.

This is obviously just a rage post. You don't actually want constructive ideas, just a way to vent, which is fine. Yes, advanced emplacement regiment is the premium way for brits to sit back and have some dinner while they "play" and it sure is annoying, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to deal with. Braced weapons and wiped at guns and mgs won't fire back.
13 Sep 2017, 14:05 PM

Ah that's good to know.

This is obviously just a rage post. You don't actually want constructive ideas, just a way to vent, which is fine. Yes, advanced emplacement regiment is the premium way for brits to sit back and have some dinner while they "play" and it sure is annoying, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to deal with. Braced weapons and wiped at guns and mgs won't fire back.

Dude i am not raging, you think i will still be here if i am.I had done the thing in your idea and that the outcome.I got "constructive idea" that i had agree with that it the LEIG arty peice,as well as lock down you ground to stop the camping spread,as for you idea,sooo many holes you call me rage and ungrateful for pointing that out?
They don't need to brace to survine,try to stuka them if you want
Wipe mg and at team won't fire back,of course they won't but can you even get close to them in the 1st place is the question,not to mention wiping them out.And even if you wiped them out,won't made much a huge impact cause i not asking how to kill an at or flank an MG here.
p.s I never said they were impossible to deal with,i just don't know how that why i am here,but you idea won't work cause i already tried it,that where you go wrong.
13 Sep 2017, 14:19 PM

Ah that's good to know.

its funny hwo some player reumee that the brit can play with a cup of tea ...in both hands...and the axis enemy need a 3 hands to micro vs this units...

and have no problem with that discrepanz...must be a brit player..
13 Sep 2017, 16:59 PM

Always found mortarpit badly designed (&weak).

Wehr can burst it in 5sec with mg AT rounds or 221 (brace won't save it, 221 can even destroy it thru edge, sneaky or not).
wehr can destroy it by simply building the static howie lefh (which is rentabilized simply by destroying pit, all the free bleed/wipe is bonus). pioFT (in a house next to pit or not) can do the job too. I don't remember seeing a pnzrwerfer shoting at pit but it's not expected, brit won't brace so it could do substantial damage to it.
I think brumbar can nuke thru edge, a sneaky missile and pit or w/e is blown.

Okw can build a single ieig and outrange pit. it won't always lead to destruction but pressure will be there and RE gon have te repair pit, leading to possible RE wipe or bleed. RE will have to stay around pit meaning there will have less mines for him and more for you (yer are lesslikely to be removed).
Pioshrek (in house or not), volk incendary do great vs pit (the more incend u throw, the more damage there is). I don't remember if okw got AT rounds but like previously said, mg at rounds wreck pit).
stuka/cmdr artyes etc work too.

I never play simcity general but brit forward hq is even more vulnerable. cannot brace, got less health (i think). just bombard it or do anything u would for any other empacement. it's yer top priority if it's built.

To me building mortpit is like destroying schwerer HQ, doing it is asking to be raped. Destroying Schwerer HQ is drastically increasing chance to face onetankarmy konig and building pit increase chance to face 221FT which is super strong (moreover vs brit). or have pit destroyed by lefh which will braindead wipe squad in base or on vp when pit is no more).

ukf will have to play around pit to protect it. => less pressure around the map. if pit is far the front then even less pressure (just ignore it then). if it's too advanced then it's reached and big assault can destroy it.

i have less experience with bofors, it cost fuel and will be pressured/destroyed by even simple mortar.

As u are lowgrade, keep in mind that your enemy is not good. There is nothing he can do dat is unbeatable.

Here is a game in which Helping Hans (top10 player) play against simcity:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQg

Here Helping Hans make a tutorial about how destroying sim city:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVxsYNab0s
13 Sep 2017, 18:26 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2017, 16:59 PMHven
snip

This might be true in 1v1 but in 2v2 it's a bit harder particularly for wehr. Many of the 2v2 maps are more confined and if you do switch sides to avoid it the Brit can Take the key resources that side and out tech you whilst flanking your attempts to double their partner. The flame half track is often the only real counter and it's common to build it only to discover that a bofors is waiting near the pit or just an engineer wielding a piat or if a soviet partner a penal squad rendering it no go.

Mortars can work but every mortar is one less unit required to fend off the invulnerable IS sections that laugh at grens and can sit in my fire long enough for the pit to wound your mg. Your only hope is to aggressively push the Brit from the word go so they don't have the ground (almost impossible unless you double team them) or hope they are bad enough that they don't capitalise on the advantage and you get a stug or pack in range with a bit of support and take them out later in the game.
13 Sep 2017, 18:57 PM

Wehr can burst it in 5sec with mg AT rounds or 221 (brace won't save it, 221 can even destroy it thru edge, sneaky or not).
wehr can destroy it by simply building the static howie lefh (which is rentabilized simply by destroying pit, all the free bleed/wipe is bonus). pioFT (in a house next to pit or not) can do the job too. I don't remember seeing a pnzrwerfer shoting at pit but it's not expected, brit won't brace so it could do substantial damage to it.

Okw can build a single ieig and outrange pit. it won't always lead to destruction but pressure will be there and RE gon have te repair pit, leading to possible RE wipe or bleed. RE will have to stay around pit meaning there will have less mines for him and more for you (yer are lesslikely to be removed).
Pioshrek (in house or not), volk incendary do great vs pit (the more incend u throw, the more damage there is). I don't remember if okw got AT rounds but like previously said, mg at rounds wreck pit).

I never play simcity general but brit forward hq is even more vulnerable. cannot brace, got less health (i think). just bombard it or do anything u would for any other empacement. it's yer top priority if it's built.

To me building mortpit is like destroying schwerer HQ, doing it is asking to be raped. Destroying Schwerer HQ is drastically increasing chance to face onetankarmy konig and building pit increase chance to face 221FT which is super strong (moreover vs brit). or have pit destroyed by lefh which will braindead wipe squad in base or on vp when pit is no more).

ukf will have to play around pit to protect it. => less pressure around the map. if pit is far the front then even less pressure (just ignore it then). if it's too advanced then it's reached and big assault can destroy it.

i have less experience with bofors, it cost fuel and will be pressured/destroyed by even simple mortar.

As u are lowgrade, keep in mind that your enemy is not good. There is nothing he can do dat is unbeatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQgh

Leigs don't outrange the mortar pit.
13 Sep 2017, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2017, 14:56 PMCptOps
So basically i had no idea what to do now.Early game we were winning against the Brit and Soviet with Luchs and Puma my teamate got brumbar but then the brit guy just spam Bofors and hold back my armor forces and infantry and then he build mortal pit and the Soviet spam SU-76M to def them.I try to supp gun,arty,stuka rocket,even shoot at it with AT but with the bonus and the mortal pit you can guess what happen(Not even scratching it),it not the loss that get me ,it the way he mock about being so good and love to win,so yeah need help to rape this type of player guys.I lose more man to re-crew AT team than to enemy.Need help.

Do you still have the replay of a game, where you did lose against this ?

Sometimes a replay is better than a thousands of "theorycraft" words. If we are able to see how you did in the game, we would be able to tell you what you should have done better.

There are many departments at which you can improve in the future, naming few of them:

a)capping most of the map, if he builds a simcity he cannot hold most of the map. Just move your squad at capping points circle so you do not get hit by mortar shells.
b) Holding at least 2 VPs - Su76 and emplacements cannot push a strong combined army near VPs
c) Waiting for enemy to chose doctrine, then chose one that hardcounters emplacements (jaeger armor, defensive + special ops [if you call in flares on a sim city and then you call in there zeroing arty, all emplacements will die to 30 seconds of ramping artillery, not even brace can save the] all harcounter emplacement play)
d)Not overdoing it with light vehicles.
e)Acquiring AT guns sooner, so you can destroy his su76s before he can reach a critical mass
f)Stalling for the late game and then pushing with KT and JT, su 76 and bofors cannot stop that (not even pounder emplacement, because jagtiger outranges pounder emplacements)
g) etc etc etc...
13 Sep 2017, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2017, 06:29 AMCptOps

Is not the faction it just this "Advanced Emplacement Regiment" alone that had lose to often,lose 5 match since i start playing because of this shit.
Nope. The problem lies in emplacements themselves. Try playing "Trois Ponts", "Ettelbrück Station" or "Road to Charkow" versus a Brit. All these maps have safe zones where the mortar pit can hardly ever be countered while still being able to cover one (or even two) of the maps most important points.
13 Sep 2017, 22:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO6wQzOTSQg

1st. Player to player I respect you due to you approaching in a helpful way/you show your player card.

2nd, honestly most of your feedback is textbook, but not actual. A lot of what your saying does counter yes, but it's same thing as saying "well flank an elephant and you should destroy it" easier said than done

3rd, the amount of micro player A uses vs player B. Makes both "even skilled players" lopsided.

And you point out counters than come with a tier 4 and such, as if the motor pit hasn't wiped units microless since.

4th, and most important. The video with hans actually playing vs sim city. Is the best example on why it's broken,
-Hans is one of the best players, struggling and having to produce high micro to counter little or no micro against a nobody.
-his opponents did not do the usual "sim city" strat, which doesn't involve a bofers. Sim city is multiple Pits supported by fireflys/comets/LMG blobs.
-his teammate did not also chose a doctorine nor play style that helps sim city
-most important, land mattress was not used which counters leigs outright, yet you can see how often Hans lost his.

That was a poor example of the actual sim city which is a problem, the map wasn't even a good map such as crossing in the woods.

Sim city is a 2v2 problem.
13 Sep 2017, 22:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Only with vet and barrage.

OP:
First of all, it's always better to save replays, specially when you have difficulty or are uncertain on how you could had won a game or done better. Words can't describe how you micro your units, how aggressive/passive you are playing, timing, teching, units built, etc.

I'll start by saying that real simcity is at least 3 buildings or a mortar pit + bofor which are built REALLY early on. 2 Mortar pits, while annoying, can't defend themselves against an "all in" attack. This is juts to make a difference against someone playing combined arms or just putting a single mortar pit (which is IMO a more effective way of playing). Not accounting for the situations Butcher is describing.

Stage A: early game pre simcity
The moment which a simcity player is the most vulnerable. With Advance Emplacement Regiment (AER from now on), he can skip building a RE and start deploying something immediately with IS but he still needs to float 400mp for a mortar pit or tech for the Bofor. If you play offensively, you would deny aggressive location of simcity or force him to change his plans.

Stage B: first building deployed
Generally it's a mortar pit. You want that thing to die fast. Either you commit to killing it or ignore it (go to stage C). Flamer Pio, MG, lava nades can kill or force brace. As i said before, you don't want to engage on a bleeding long fight most of the time. If the maps allow it, ignore it and just go for a 2v1 against his ally. Once you force one player out you can then proceed to swipe the UK player.
If it's a Bofor first, you can try using smoke (not to many players go full cancer and know how to attack ground) or kill it with indirect fire but been careful of the barrage (needs a forward assembly or units inside). Unless you are heavily bleeding the UK, a Bofor generally forces to ignore that zone or go for the long game.

Stage C: terminal cancer or full simcity.
What AER provides is an upgrade to make it more resilient to small arms fire, IS been able to build/repair (expensive bleed wise), forward assembly with engineer upgrade and a pseudo counter to indirect fire with base howitzers (doesn't work on small maps).
Once the simcity is completed, it will basically look like forward assembly with engineers, mortar pit/s and a bofor defending. Your focus is either the forward assembly or disabling the bofor.
As OH, you are basically relying on doctrinal choices or late game vehicles/tanks. The best/most effective non doctrinal options are early on with flamer pios, mortar (before forward assembly with repair or Bofor) and the flamer HT. Doctrinally you can use mortar HT, LeFH or any heavy offmap (if you are playing offmeta close air support, the AT strafe is REALLY good against it).
As OKW, you can try to shut it down early on with lava nades, Sturms and Luch. Once simcity is set and you can't approach it or you want to drag it for the long game, double ISG or Stuka (first you need to force a brace). Doctrine wise, Volley grenades or any heavy offmap can shut down a simcity.

The worst thing you can do at this point is trying to kill or decap anything with single units, staggering bleed and half committing to any attack. If you can't ignore it due to map layout, you have to be patient enough in order to get whatever units and resources you need and then make a full on attack. This means full useage of offmaps and/or smoke to disable automatic attack from the Bofor. If you can defend 1VP and practically 50% of the map you can delay the game enough in order for you to get whatever tools you need.

IB4 QQ: yes, mortar pit/simcity is stupid on how few micro it requires in order to be effective but on the same way it doesn't have any high skill ceiling on usage which means it's effectiveness is limited once you know how to play against it. Still annoying to play agains it.

14 Sep 2017, 03:17 AM

Good suggestions above. Remember that on some maps SimCity is problematic and hard to counter (Crossing). You should keep a doctrinal counter in your backpocket at all times.

You should also keep in mind that SimCity counter play will feel like a chore, and it is. You need to try to get enough long range guns together that you can force him back without bleeding out too much.

If he goes for SimCity you definitely won't need the puma anytime soon. You probably would have been better off forcing a brace and then using a Stuka to kill the repair team and damage the FHQ.
14 Sep 2017, 05:28 AM

Your posts are always so thorough and you have a lot of potential to give a genius masterpiece to community.

I think you should spend more time in state office or even create a guide. You have what it takes to move this community forward
14 Sep 2017, 05:33 AM

Ok i will said it right now since i am only level 60 in this game,i didn't save any replay,just found out that the game only save the last game replay and i had play 2-3 game since when this topic was posted,my micro it not 100% but pretty decent still got all my volk and pionner alive and vet.Most manpower bleed was due to recrew weapon team,and me running around the simcity trying to break it with lead to heavy loses.Loss all early light armor forces too.
And one thing i am sure is LEIG supp gun and mortal,flame haftrack,stuka,will not deal damg to simcity,the brit only need this 3CP - Improved Fortifications
"Upgraded emplacements gain +40 armor and +30% health." and paid 75 munitions

Here the only thing i haven't try but belive will work.StrumTiger,JagTiger,Stuka AirStrike,Zeroing,LEHT arty.
I always had one AT just for the safe keeping in early game,but when i move it up to get in range of a bofor instant suppress and wipe, need to had something for the bofor to hit why my AT shoot,i used my infantry for that,which was a horrible idea since with the upgrade the damm thing it tanky like a churchill and that is when it is not even bracing.End up pretty stupid and waste alot for nothing.
14 Sep 2017, 08:15 AM

+1
14 Sep 2017, 11:36 AM

then ieig can just sidestep to avoid barrage but pit cannot
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak