Login

russian armor

USF weapons should be on field upgrades

26 Aug 2017, 19:09 PM

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind forcing usf units to go back to base to pick up weapons instead of making it an on-field upgrade? Isnt like the main theme of usf mobility? Dont weapon racks cripple usf mobility? I understand that BARs popping in a middle of a CQC fight would be a big problem but thats how volks stgs pop. The so caled benefits of instant weapon grab dont really appeal to me because the moment I make ambulance I tend to stay constantly on the field with my infantry without retreating it to hq. So I would much prefer no to be forced to do that.

If balance team has a problem with this lets just make it so the weapon itself can only appear while out of combat, thats all.
26 Aug 2017, 19:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

An issue I can see with this is the USF simply have too many upgradeable weapons and equipable weapons for certain squads. Take assualt engineers, you'd then need to assign a button for them to get 1x BAR, 2xBAR, flamer and 1x BAR, flamer zook, 2x zook and sweepers for REs. I also didn't include M1919s.
26 Aug 2017, 19:49 PM

Weapons Racks are fine, as you can double up and can give any infantry unit a BAR or a Bazooka, the issue once again lies with OKW more than with USF.
26 Aug 2017, 21:05 PM

An issue I can see with this is the USF simply have too many upgradeable weapons and equipable weapons for certain squads. Take assualt engineers, you'd then need to assign a button for them to get 1x BAR, 2xBAR, flamer and 1x BAR, flamer zook, 2x zook and sweepers for REs. I also didn't include M1919s.

That
Weapons Racks are fine, as you can double up and can give any infantry unit a BAR or a Bazooka, the issue once again lies with OKW more than with USF.

And that.

And usf has much worse problems than weapon racks lol.
27 Aug 2017, 07:34 AM

Another modder made it so there would be another weapons truck or whatever you wanna call it that setups and infantry could grab weapons from it's racks that it spawns on field, similar to the British.
27 Aug 2017, 17:02 PM

I always thought it was because the weapons aren't just for rifleman? I like giving zooks to REs more than Rifles. BARs on Pathfinders are legendary, etc.

Would be kinda weird if every single USF infantry squad had the same on-field upgrades to click on.
27 Aug 2017, 17:19 PM

I always thought it was because the weapons aren't just for rifleman? I like giving zooks to REs more than Rifles. BARs on Pathfinders are legendary, etc.

Would be kinda weird if every single USF infantry squad had the same on-field upgrades to click on.

no it would be pretty normal
27 Aug 2017, 21:26 PM

Because you can equip any squads with those upgrades. Its not just OKW that has on field upgrades btw, even some USF units have it
27 Aug 2017, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2017, 21:26 PMAlphrum
Because you can equip any squads with those upgrades. Its not just OKW that has on field upgrades btw, even some USF units have it

Exactly, Rangers and Paras of course have Thompsons/LMGs field upgrade.
27 Aug 2017, 21:56 PM

Exactly, Rangers and Paras of course have Thompsons/LMGs field upgrade.

Yeah so whats the problem with adding few buttons for the rest of usf infantry so you could upgrade on field? How is that unfair compared to other factions or too much work?
27 Aug 2017, 23:01 PM

Yeah so whats the problem with adding few buttons for the rest of usf infantry so you could upgrade on field? How is that unfair compared to other factions or too much work?

will it be fair too if OKW had STG's and shreks racks in ther base too? which any squad can pick up?
27 Aug 2017, 23:12 PM

Again, it's because any usf inf unit can pick up a bar or zook (or 1919 with doctrine) as opposed to grens and pgrens being restricted to their specific upgrades. There's much better things to bitch about in regards to usf than this anyway.
28 Aug 2017, 01:01 AM

It's a gimmick that works well with the USF.

Do you want to spend time upgrading your infantry? Sure. If you have the munitions for it, you're good, but the real cost is the time spent for the infantry getting said weapons.

It is a gameplay balance for the USF's mobility in slowing down and re-arming one's self. Firepower vs field presence.

Due to the fact that the USF has a strong frontline unit, leaving it as a field upgrade would simply reduce the tactical decisions that most USF players usually encounter mid/late-game.
28 Aug 2017, 06:21 AM

Again, it's because any usf inf unit can pick up a bar or zook (or 1919 with doctrine) as opposed to grens and pgrens being restricted to their specific upgrades. There's much better things to bitch about in regards to usf than this anyway.

I think removing racks would strongly help the USF balance. As much as I like to equip my Pathfinders with double BARs, having squads a bit more dedicated would help to consider if a squad type is OP or UP and correctly define their price.

ie:
RE are a piece of trash until you equip them with BARs where they become too good for their initial investment leading the balance team to make their reinforcement price 25mp.
So you ended with a squad at the same level of Soviet Engineer but costing 30mp more and expensive to reinforce just because you can equip them with BARs.

Remove rack, make USF infantry a bit more dedicated and that's it. make each upgrade adding only 1 weapon so if you want 2xZook you need to click 2 times on the zook button.

Rear Echelon: Flamethrower, zook, minesweeper
Riflemen squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Assault engineer squad: Flamethrower, zook, minesweeper
Pathfinder squad (all variant): no upgrade but adjust their stat, cost and CP
Paratrooper squad: M1919, zook, Thompson
Ranger squad: Thompson, zook, BARs
Lieutenant squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Captain squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Major: BAR, Zook, M1919

28 Aug 2017, 07:09 AM

no it would be pretty normal

Will cost you dearly then lol. Or do you want it to be the current price and get every single infantry unit an upgrade on field?
28 Aug 2017, 08:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Aug 2017, 06:21 AMEsxile

I think removing racks would strongly help the USF balance. As much as I like to equip my Pathfinders with double BARs, having squads a bit more dedicated would help to consider if a squad type is OP or UP and correctly define their price.

ie:
RE are a piece of trash until you equip them with BARs where they become too good for their initial investment leading the balance team to make their reinforcement price 25mp.
So you ended with a squad at the same level of Soviet Engineer but costing 30mp more and expensive to reinforce just because you can equip them with BARs.

Remove rack, make USF infantry a bit more dedicated and that's it. make each upgrade adding only 1 weapon so if you want 2xZook you need to click 2 times on the zook button.

Rear Echelon: Flamethrower, zook, minesweeper
Riflemen squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Assault engineer squad: Flamethrower, zook, minesweeper
Pathfinder squad (all variant): no upgrade but adjust their stat, cost and CP
Paratrooper squad: M1919, zook, Thompson
Ranger squad: Thompson, zook, BARs
Lieutenant squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Captain squad: BAR, Zook, M1919
Major: BAR, Zook, M1919

This is a good starting idea. USF would finally be designed around their sole purpose which is mobility. You wouldnt have to go back to base after you made ambulance which is how usf should be and is played by a skilled player. Weapon racks is just a useless gimmick slowing usf down. Because most of the time you are forced to go back in an inconvienient time to pick up weapons or you just forget to do that and fight without them wasting a lot of your power spike.

@all the people who disagree
Its not like Im asking to make weapons for free or anything. You would still have to pay for the upgrade but you would be able to upgrae on the field. And ofcourse the upgrade would take time like instead of being an instant pick up. This is fair.
28 Aug 2017, 08:12 AM

really? look to the axis...which only can upgrade what the unit is given per devs.

USF can equip every weopaon to every unit...in mostly cases 2 off them...wtf are wrong with you?

axis would be change with you every secound...
28 Aug 2017, 08:20 AM

really? look to the axis...which only can upgrade what the unit is given per devs.

USF can equip every weopaon to every unit...in mostly cases 2 off them...wtf are wrong with you?

axis would be change with you every secound...

Are you retarded? USF can already equip every weapon on every unit so whats the big deal if they can do it on field with a delay instead of instant from weapon racks?
28 Aug 2017, 09:40 AM

Are you retarded? USF can already equip every weapon on every unit so whats the big deal if they can do it on field with a delay instead of instant from weapon racks?

He is retarded, just ignore him.
29 Aug 2017, 04:37 AM

I think the M1919A6 in particular should be a field upgrade for Riflemen squads, similar to how Grenadiers get their single MG-42, rather than a weapon rack. After all, who the heck gives it to the Captain or Lieutenant, who are already optimized for short-mid AI (Lt) or light AT (Cpt).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★