Login

russian armor

Kick out 1vs1 maps

8 Aug 2017, 09:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Why u touching Halbe, its such a great map - big open, not some fckin braindead buildings. Its variaty, Im tired of same old city maps, where u can't use your sniper properly (saying this as mainly okw player).

Dont fckin touch Halbe u morons, same for westwall. I finally got some great fckin maps, with few shotblockers and u want to take em out.

Thats a really aggressive response...

Anyway, you act as if halbe doesnt have a host of other issues.

If youre playing usf against okw, kubel spam will absolutely destroy you and there is little you can do. Using the WC51 as a counter would not only lock you into a commander, but also doesnt do enough against massed kubelwagons.

Also, anti infantry light vehicles are much stronger on the map because of all of the red cover. Vehicles are generally not balanced around a retreating squad's path including that much red cover that consistently.

Factions with infantry that can create cover (especially mainline infantry) are at a significant advantage because of all of the red cover otherwise. Its difficult to do anything against a brit player who is able to get trenches down, for example.

The point is that the way the halbe is designed means that certain factions and strategies are made much stronger. I personally believe that a map being an autoloss in certain matchups (which, out of all of the maps, i believe the halbe to most resemble) is a compelling reason to remove it, even if people may like it because its not a city map.
8 Aug 2017, 09:16 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Brynask Forest, La Gleize Breackout, Semoisky, Minsk Pocket 4 sho

they are beyong salvageable
8 Aug 2017, 09:18 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Brynask Forest, La Gleize Breackout, Semoisky, Minsk Pocket 4 sho

they are beyong salvageable

Didn't you forgot caen?^^
9 Aug 2017, 00:49 AM

Thats a really aggressive response...

Anyway, you act as if halbe doesnt have a host of other issues.

The point is that the way the halbe is designed means that certain factions and strategies are made much stronger. I personally believe that a map being an autoloss in certain matchups (which, out of all of the maps, i believe the halbe to most resemble) is a compelling reason to remove it, even if people may like it because its not a city map.

Have won it with any matchup, actualy having highest winning percentege in it, as in any other map. Kubel spam... lol. I thought u will complain about OST snipers, except both things can be countered by fast m20. Axtualy SOV T1 is what excels here.

Cover can be built by any faction, if thats the case, anyway, road is still full with spots for green/yellow cover, and actualy u have to finally utilise it, cause cover vs red cover gives much advantage. USF is weakest factions now, so its useless to use it as primary matchup, it fails in 99% of maps, still better player will win weaker in any situation.
9 Aug 2017, 08:06 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Have won it with any matchup, actualy having highest winning percentege in it, as in any other map. Kubel spam... lol. I thought u will complain about OST snipers, except both things can be countered by fast m20. Axtualy SOV T1 is what excels here.

Cover can be built by any faction, if thats the case, anyway, road is still full with spots for green/yellow cover, and actualy u have to finally utilise it, cause cover vs red cover gives much advantage. USF is weakest factions now, so its useless to use it as primary matchup, it fails in 99% of maps, still better player will win weaker in any situation.

I like halbe too, but if the most community hates it, and Relic sees the same problem about: how often this map got played --> its possible that this map fly out
9 Aug 2017, 08:11 AM

A good 2/3rds of all map currently in the pool are not universally useful. In fact, quite a few maps generally held to be decent are completely unbalanced for specific matchups. Kholodny summer for example, as OH East vs US is borderline unwinnable.
9 Aug 2017, 19:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Right, and people have won against release day Brits, doesn't mean its not a skewed matchup.

And yes, kubel spam. You say "fast" m20, but against kubel spam, the enemy should have such a large fuel advantage that their luchs comes out only slightly later than your m20, if not at the same time. Nevermind the fact that the luchs just countered your m20, but you also have nothing that can even damage the luchs except AT nades and weapon rack upgrades because you were forced into lieutenant (and, again, using zooks against a luchs is just asking to get wiped with all of the red cover).

You're right, every faction can create cover; I shouldn't have said "factions with infantry that can create cover," since thats all of them. Still, I did say that factions with mainline infantry that can create cover are especially favored. You have the ability to build more infantry section sandbags and volks sandbags than you do pioneer sandbags and rear echelon tank traps because of how much more mainline infantry you have. This results in a cover disparity in certain matchups which isnt present or this extreme on most other maps (namely the ones most people like). I present this cover disparity as a negative aspect because mainline infantry arent balanced around infantry squads reliably forcing this large of a difference in cover. Also, I can recall two points on the middle road that have cover on them (the left munitions point has a crater, and the middle vp also has craters), all of the others have strips with neutral ground, and the rest red cover (again, this is just from memory). These few points of yellow cover are nowhere near as useful as green cover that is creatable on any point. To summarize my issue with your response: a faction having yellow cover while capturing on two of the middle points and netrual ground + red cover on all of the others is a large disadvantage against factions that can create green cover on all of their points. And thats all to say nothing of trenches, which are absurdly strong on this map.

tl;dr: the m20 is hardly a counter, and the cover availability on the capture points on the road is the issue

10 Aug 2017, 10:07 AM

Right, and people have won against release day Brits, doesn't mean its not a skewed matchup.

And yes, kubel spam. You say "fast" m20, but against kubel spam, the enemy should have such a large fuel advantage that their luchs comes out only slightly later than your m20, if not at the same time. Nevermind the fact that the luchs just countered your m20, but you also have nothing that can even damage the luchs except AT nades and weapon rack upgrades because you were forced into lieutenant (and, again, using zooks against a luchs is just asking to get wiped with all of the red cover).

tl;dr: the m20 is hardly a counter, and the cover availability on the capture points on the road is the issue

I actually have never had problem vs kubel spam as USF. Kubels wont scale well into mid game, and luchs is managable. What i would suggest u is to make second RE, dont spread out your main army too much, and rush some rifleman to key covers, (and let 2nd Re cover other side of map), and rember always to focus fire sturms first (and anythig else whats coming), kubels will die eventualy, when your rifles will reach vet1, and will be upgraded. If u are in godo position, just take captain.

The key is not to get into bloodrage, and mindlessly chase shit around map, use USF long range to your advatnage - Priest doc is my choice, and u can use M1911 LMG to your favor, to rip schreds on any axis infranty, or u can take armour, and rape him later, cause, all these open fields mean - no chokepoints, so your m10 horde can roam pretty easly.

If u go with M 20 - dont overextend, make mines (try to bait luchs on em), and always keep vet 1 rifleman close, make AA HT later, and get yoru zook squad out, it will be enough to manage 1 side of map till 8cp (if luchs dont die on mines).

But best way to learn, is - just take okw, try to do kubel spam, and watch how others crush it, then just do the same as usf.
10 Aug 2017, 10:41 AM
Donator 22

I really like Halbe, the red cover in mid could be reduced but other than that I always had fun matches on this map. Not like La Gleize, or Bryansk. Halbe should really stay.
10 Aug 2017, 11:54 AM

I refuse to vote.
Every time i automatch 1V1 i get these flippin 2V2 maps. *upset*
11 Aug 2017, 09:46 AM

Given the current meta I refuse to play on latest community maps.

I may give westwall a chance after patch if they update the map, however If jackson buffes go through I will be vetoing all open/large maps.
11 Aug 2017, 20:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2017, 10:07 AMArnoLaz

I actually have never had problem vs kubel spam as USF. Kubels wont scale well into mid game, and luchs is managable. What i would suggest u is to make second RE, dont spread out your main army too much, and rush some rifleman to key covers, (and let 2nd Re cover other side of map), and rember always to focus fire sturms first (and anythig else whats coming), kubels will die eventualy, when your rifles will reach vet1, and will be upgraded. If u are in godo position, just take captain.

The key is not to get into bloodrage, and mindlessly chase shit around map, use USF long range to your advatnage - Priest doc is my choice, and u can use M1911 LMG to your favor, to rip schreds on any axis infranty, or u can take armour, and rape him later, cause, all these open fields mean - no chokepoints, so your m10 horde can roam pretty easly.

If u go with M 20 - dont overextend, make mines (try to bait luchs on em), and always keep vet 1 rifleman close, make AA HT later, and get yoru zook squad out, it will be enough to manage 1 side of map till 8cp (if luchs dont die on mines).

But best way to learn, is - just take okw, try to do kubel spam, and watch how others crush it, then just do the same as usf.

Are you really going to give me tips on how to play the game? and suggesting that i try okw and do kubel spam...? Acting like this is a l2p issue isnt really the best approach. And frankly, kubel spam at my rank is a different thing compared to kubel spam at your rank.
11 Aug 2017, 20:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

made a copy of my previous post
11 Aug 2017, 23:54 PM

Are you really going to give me tips on how to play the game? and suggesting that i try okw and do kubel spam...? Acting like this is a l2p issue isnt really the best approach. And frankly, kubel spam at my rank is a different thing compared to kubel spam at your rank.

Dont know your rank mate, and whats wrong with tips anyway, I'm open to them anytime, and so should be everybody.

Just saying - never had any problems with kubels in masse, and I dont see why we need to take out the few open maps, which differ from most building/ shotblocker full maps, I must be only one whose tired of house rushing, and lame house in-out jumping. The houses slows the pace of game to the crawl, so i dont see why there cant be some open area maps, if one doesnt like em - there is always a veto.
12 Aug 2017, 00:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2017, 23:54 PMArnoLaz

Dont know your rank mate, and whats wrong with tips anyway, I'm open to them anytime, and so should be everybody.

Just saying - never had any problems with kubels in masse, and I dont see why we need to take out the few open maps, which differ from most building/ shotblocker full maps, I must be only one whose tired of house rushing, and lame house in-out jumping. The houses slows the pace of game to the crawl, so i dont see why there cant be some open area maps, if one doesnt like em - there is always a veto.

The issue is that the fact that you're giving out tips means youre dismissing this as an l2p issue when it isnt.

Though my message probably came across as unnecessarily hostile, sorry about that.
12 Aug 2017, 01:31 AM

I've always loved how Angoville was split between open territory and contained areas with shot and sight blockers.

I just miss the original territory points that actually made the map work right. :(

22 Aug 2017, 18:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Update:

Kyle / Relic got all this stuff and they are working on it.

But it will take time.

So it's not forgotten.
16 Nov 2017, 07:00 AM

Really hope Kholodny Ferma gets reworked. East side is borderline unplayable.

Significantly worse retreat paths consisting of far more roads than your opponent, spawns further from all VPs, a highly vulnerable cut-off, retaking your own cut-off consists of crossing a road vs enemy in green cover, your opponent has a defensible muni point and you don't.
16 Nov 2017, 09:14 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Really hope Kholodny Ferma gets reworked. East side is borderline unplayable.

Significantly worse retreat paths consisting of far more roads than your opponent, spawns further from all VPs, a highly vulnerable cut-off, retaking your own cut-off consists of crossing a road vs enemy in green cover, your opponent has a defensible muni point and you don't.

Hey,

As you can see nobody was for kicking out this ma tho.

And I agree right side has more problems to cap the vps.
Thats why in cups allies are right side and axis are left side. Soviet have a very high winrate on this map. Even from right side.

About the cover on the muni.
Left muni has a house yes. But enemy can rush your house as well or stay in on of the 2 green covers.

So yes right side has some problems, but other maps were way more unplayable!
16 Nov 2017, 14:56 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

To clear that out:

This poll is closed.

Wait for Decemberpatch :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %