Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
18 Jul 2017, 23:40 PM
Donator 11

Just played a match using maxims - they behave like an mg42 but with a narrower arc - very useable
18 Jul 2017, 23:43 PM

Well i find the calliope even worse^^

yea i gta agree whole heartedly on that
18 Jul 2017, 23:47 PM

i'm not. this is possible for artillery weapons (time fuse) due to the long time of flight to target (relatively). from a tank it is not done.

AA time fuses are very accurate because the need to be able to detonated at the altitude the planes are flying. So it does not have to howitzer gun.

The technique was used by 88 flak crew in WW II often. There are even reference in "Band of bother" series (that comes from the experiences of USF paratroopers)during the Baston encirclement.
19 Jul 2017, 00:02 AM

Overall I think the changes that made it are the ones I agreed with. Glad relic is keeping the mod from going a tad overboard. They did miss some good changes however but I can't complain. I prefer fewer changes at a time as opposed to loads all at once. Thank-you relic for staying fairly conservative with the changes

I still disagree with the elephant and pwerfers changes. Funny how the nerfs to Pwerfer and elephwnt came through but not the buffs :D.

Very happy about the maximum buff and dhsk/penal nerf. I wish SU mortar got its buff tho.

Good changes to Brit mortar.

Good change to Jackson as well.

19 Jul 2017, 01:13 AM

Personaly i don't think that the changes made on the penal is good. You are limiting the player capability. Not improving them.
19 Jul 2017, 03:12 AM
Patrion 14

Of course you can't. Smith and miragefla were smart to break the mod into smaller pieces, which were then cut into the Fall Balance mod. Everything would be heading in the right direction, except the amount of changes that slipped in the Fall Balance is unjustifiably small. The scope doesn't include pieces of balance that do not interfere with each other; why is the scope 'teamgames' and not 'teamgames and conscripts for example which are in dire need of help and would arguably help balance the teamgames even more which are the damn scope by the way', I don't know. There are a lot more things that could be packed into the patch and not doing harm, but: the scope.

Unavailability of resources is not an excuse for scrapping a lot of good (not all of them of course) changes made by the community team, which made a complete package ready to be delivered (let's skip the validity of changes for dopehaircut's sake).

Note that I did not claim CoH2 is a failure; the patch and scope system is a failure because of execution. The game has potential which could be greatly utilized if the interval between patches decreases. CoH2 is also not doomed; see that what I wrote is doomed to be spoiled. And when it spoils, will the population drop? Not likely as the game is unique at this moment. And while it's good it can be made better so

kyle pls come on don't do this to me let them add more thx

that is subjective, except for things like removing collision on flag poles. I for one thought micro managing so much infantry stats at once was and is a bad idea. some sees this trimming as bad, some sees it as good. I think it is good since CoH2 will never be "fixed" or even if it is, there will be no way of knowing whether it is on this forum. There can be a perfect balance and Luvnest or DevM 's go to strat will be considered OP nonetheless. the patch is not a failure by any objective scale.

the downside of smaller scale patches is that you have to plan ahead for how the future changes are gonna affect the small changes youre making now, because the game isnt a vacuum and everything is supposed to work together to balance everything. for example a faction can have weak infantry if they can make up for it another area, and this leads to asymetrical balance and imo more interesting dynamics. but if you just have a small patch that focuses around infantry balance, then the tendency is for infantry to become homogenized so that they are balanced when fighting each other without taking into account other factors because they are 'out of scope' or because they may not be as obvious. and as you say, smaller patches are ok if theres a higher frequency, but the reality seems to be that relic doesnt want to have frequent patches.

i still prefer smaller patches. of course, you have to have a grander vision of balance when scope is things like "inf-balance". i dunno.. there is bad reasons for small and big patches. maybe i say i prefer smaller more restricted changes since i thought the unofficial mod had too much fat.
19 Jul 2017, 03:31 AM

Btw, can someone nerf the gewher43 ? Is damaged at range and close quarters are absurds. A little revision of the damage done would be nice. And improving conscripts to encourage players to play them.
19 Jul 2017, 03:40 AM

> Nefred the late game crutches of both OST and OKW.
> Buffed the already OP TD of USF.
> Very little focus on what community is calling out (see cancer placements, penals/conscripts, etc, etc)

Guess time to shelve this game for good.
GG no re Relic.

Conscripts Op ? Do you play to this game or what ?
19 Jul 2017, 06:39 AM

Smaller patches are definitely better as they shift meta a lot, giving you both "a new game" and lot of time hotfixing and playtesting before you launch next balance pocket.

Also if you implement too much changes at once, you will miss many OP builds and strategies that can arise.

Even right now I can see 1 OP strat for OST in 1v1. Once Ill be home,Ill play it with someome good and givd you a feedback.
19 Jul 2017, 06:43 AM

Just add this check box :

x Use the fall balance mod when looking for an automatch.

When the box is checked, the matchmaker will try to find a fall balance modded match.

create a new topic in official forums, is better.
19 Jul 2017, 06:49 AM

More than many small patches, We need more reactivity from Relic when something is definitively wrong with a unit or an ability.

I'm not sure if a lot of small patches are good for the game, a patch every 3 months is far enough imo. Meta take time to appear and sometime something, a unit is dominating because the vast majority of players aren't use to counter it or don't do the right thing until someone shows how to do it.

You can't really compare Coh2 updates and moba updates in this topic, a moba is always balance by nature, some characters can be imba but they don't affect the overall balance since anyone can pick them in any team. It would be different if for example in DOTA2, Dire side could only pick Dire characters and light side only pick light characters...

A RTS balance patch is like a bottle of wine, it needs time to decant...
19 Jul 2017, 07:14 AM

Just add this check box :

x Use the fall balance mod when looking for an automatch.

When the box is checked, the matchmaker will try to find a fall balance modded match.

Would have the automatch engine to be changed - Will not happen.
19 Jul 2017, 07:54 AM

wow, already 9 pages...

I suggest everyone who hasn't played the mod stops posting immediately now
19 Jul 2017, 08:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Kubel might be a bit too weak now- it offers pretty much nothing combat-wise, doesn't quite cap fast enough to be worth as a pure capping unit, and with lower armor it gives away a lot of vet.

I don't see why you wouldn't get another volk squad instead; with kubels you weaken your midgame significantly by losing out a vetted squad and now it isn't even good earlygame to compensate. If anything it ties your sturmpios down repairing more than the enemy.

Consider increasing base sight range (maybe to 50 or so) / further increasing (de)cap speed to further strengthen its niche.
19 Jul 2017, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2017, 16:59 PMCzepis
Well...I, for one, am glad, Relic has the final word and not the community *cough* *cough*.

Lol, don't let DopeWhore sense your irony. He'll get majorly triggered :D
19 Jul 2017, 09:25 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Kubel might be a bit too weak now- it offers pretty much nothing combat-wise, doesn't quite cap fast enough to be worth as a pure capping unit, and with lower armor it gives away a lot of vet.

I don't see why you wouldn't get another volk squad instead; with kubels you weaken your midgame significantly by losing out a vetted squad and now it isn't even good earlygame to compensate. If anything it ties your sturmpios down repairing more than the enemy.

Consider increasing base sight range (maybe to 50 or so) / further increasing (de)cap speed to further strengthen its niche.

You saw that Kübel survive now a mine :)

And 1 Kübel is still ok. You make caporder with it and cap your whole side very fast. So you can focus on other units.

Or you still use it in attack. On open ground it still working. Just not vs green cover anymore!
19 Jul 2017, 09:27 AM

And 1 Kübel is still ok. You make caporder with it and cap your whole side very fast. So you can focus on other units.

Or you still use it in attack. On open ground it still working. Just not vs green cover anymore!

When did Kübel ever work against units in green cover? Kübel changes are stupid. No one is going to use them anymore.
19 Jul 2017, 09:29 AM

I dont understand why Bulldozer was buffed? Makes no sense. According to this patch preview it is because you need Major for it or pay a higher price but this applies to every call in tank now. So what´s the point?
19 Jul 2017, 09:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I disagree having used and especially fought the new kubel. Its essentially worthless in combat (though i haven't used brits to face it, I doubt they would suffer uniquely) vs anything but builder squads in the open. I wouldn't sacrifice a considerable amount of presence for marginal cap speed advantage that quickly vanishes once the enemy squadcount overwhelms your own.

Definitely something that would benefit from more testing, for sure.
19 Jul 2017, 09:37 AM

I dont understand why Bulldozer was buffed? Makes no sense. According to this patch preview it is because you need Major for it or pay a higher price but this applies to every call in tank now. So what´s the point?

Furthermore, it was/is already good in live, GCS showed that.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS