Login

russian armor

CoH3: Scenario/front - VOTE NOW!!!!

5 Jul 2017, 19:05 PM

So the majority voted for Africa so far. While I like the whole Rommel-thing, I think sand everywhere is just depressing to look at. It is much more pleasant to look at the beautiful french countryside (which is also the reason why WFA maps are prettier than the slightly depressing eastern front maps with their wooden shacks everywhere :S)

I think, a nice landscape that makes you feel nice is very important, and to quote a famous hero: "I don't like sand."

As for other settings:
1) I think Battlefield 1 has shown that it is possible to pull off WW1 in an appealing way. The trick is to focus on late WW1.

2) A cold-war era game could actually be interesting, I think... especially when you consider that there was basically 2 Germanys on opposing sides, and both right on the potential frontlines. Relic likes to make german factions, so I say they should go for it. USA and USSR would be mandatory, of course. The ideological opposition of the 2 sides would also allow to give a clearly defined and interesting character and background to the armies. The iconic vibe of the cold-war era soviet army could attract an audience from russia when done right and can create a lot of atmosphere through the presence of rocket transporters as we know them form military parades.
5 Jul 2017, 20:06 PM

You know, I played a lot of games as Brits vs Turks on Arctic Maps in Age of Empires II and never had a problem with that.
So give Afrika Korps people some regular clothing on colder maps, where's the fucking point.

Africa Korp in Winter? (Find the flaw)

Ok, have you read anything about Africa corps? anything?

It's force almost exclusively consisted of panzer2/3. If you want to know what that feels like, i suggest you play coh1 PE with hotchkisss as only lategame Tank.

Or in coh2 : US only with stuart and m8 / OKW only with Puma and luchs. No t4

Have great fun dealing with IS2 and pershing ....

That whole africa corp idea is just stupid
5 Jul 2017, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2017, 19:05 PMFluffi
So the majority voted for Africa so far. While I like the whole Rommel-thing, I think sand everywhere is just depressing to look at. It is much more pleasant to look at the beautiful french countryside (which is also the reason why WFA maps are prettier than the slightly depressing eastern front maps with their wooden shacks everywhere :S).

Combine both the North African front and the Italian front. We don't necessarily have to have all sand maps....battles were still fought around cities(such as El Alamein),rocky regions, airfields, and by railways for the North African front. Maps can be designed in a way where the desert landscape is littered with broken down tanks, rail lines, trenches, and artillery positions. You could make the maps interesting by having points, where if captured, served as forward base camps.

The rest of the maps could be of beautiful Italian landscape and cities, as well as mountain regions. That way we have a good balance of mostly Italian maps, but also some unique desert maps.

As a side note, a great example of how battles could be fought is that considering during the winter months of the war on the Italian front both powers halted operations due to serious weather and tactical issues, so there would be no need to worry about any "winter skins" for the North African faction.
5 Jul 2017, 20:33 PM
Patrion 14

I want Eastern Front again lol.

if something new, pacific i guess.
5 Jul 2017, 21:35 PM
Patrion 15

Combine both the North African front and the Italian front. We don't necessarily have to have all sand maps....The rest of the maps could be of beautiful Italian landscape and cities, as well as mountain regions. That way we have a good balance of mostly Italian maps, but also some unique desert maps.

That is exactly what I pictured.

Also, It would create a more different approach for each type of map. While I remember how Relic went very far with the Winter stuff; like Blizzards or doing too many deep snow areas, but If done right, If Relic is wise to learn from past mistakes, it could go well. Doesn't have to exaggerate sand storms or deep sand but they have to be present too.
5 Jul 2017, 22:01 PM

I would say the Pacific war would be interesting, but hard to expand on. Who do you want to add later? Maybe Soviets and Chinese (the fight for Manchuria)?
5 Jul 2017, 23:11 PM

I don't see why you're gearing up for CoH3 when DoW3 was released a few months ago. Plus the franchise is still in SEGA's grubby little hands so I don't expect anything good out of it, just more disappointment.

That said, I wouldn't mind a CoH set during World War 1 with proper melee combat and trench attrition Warfare.

If not then Africa. Italy and the Pacific all sound like great alternatives to the Eastern/Western fronts we've been getting lately in a lot of games, well, to be fair the Western Front is the most popular but the Eastern one has been steadily gaining popularity, while Africa, Italy and the Pacific, not to mention World War 1 has been largely unpopular and even ignored.
6 Jul 2017, 00:18 AM

Pacific Front.
6 Jul 2017, 00:51 AM

I'm less partial to any specific front than I am to the idea that theatres be contained as different game modes.

That way, if I am to use CoH2 terms you've have Soviet v Ostheer as one game mode, and another game mode, Western Front that is OKW v USF.

Brits could've been a new game mode featuring Africa and fighting the Italians. The Japanese versus the US Marines could be another game mode, each with balanced factions and each respecting the state of warfare surrounding each theatre.

That way the Panzer 2s and Matildas of Africa could still be the powerful units of their factions, without them somehow fighting Tigers and Pershings.

Similarly the predominately infantry and artillery based warfare of the Pacific could be encapsulated and balanced without having US marine supersoldiers steamrolling ostruppen.

That said: IF CoH3 were to be a game covering the ultimate results of the major powers fielded militaries, there should be three factions: Axis, Allies, Comintern, all balanced to fight each other. Operation Unthinkable would be appropriate here. If they have to stretch it out, sell two, then the third later, but design for three. Factional flavor could be DLC. Uniforms, voice acting, etc.
6 Jul 2017, 09:05 AM

I want to see those cute northern African cities with clay houses, mosques, bazaars, palms, sand and so on.

Also Italian towns with renaissance architecture and wineyards and old churches looks nice.

I also want to see water implemented into naps, just like a visual effect. Also offshore bombardment :wub:

Imagine the sand everywhere, when 200mm sheLl hit the ground :P
6 Jul 2017, 09:37 AM

Two ideas that come to my mind would be the following:

1) Choose one (European) theatre. Have few factions available, but make three game modes, 1939 early war, 1941/42 mid-war and 1944/45 late war. The factions would have different equipment and would play differently depending on the time period.

2) Include smaller nations instead of always having Germans, US, Brits and Soviets. Ofc they were the main combatants in Europe (plus France I guess, but RIP), but it would be cool to see some smaller factions, too.
6 Jul 2017, 10:48 AM

AC-130 Hercules loiter suppressing everything, stunning tanks, damaging engines and wiping both infantry and vehicles . Now that's THE CANCER! :D
haha ... coh3 modern war.... usf obliterating 10000s of poorly trained camel farmers with drones and spec ops for the loss of maybe 6 unit models and a partially damaged apc... great idea
6 Jul 2017, 11:00 AM

coh3 needs to return to 1944 like in coh1 and expand upon it. Afika would be cool, but i feel like that theatre wouldn't deliver the content we would really want. If we want a good quality game, sure yeah 1944 45 is something we've already seem, but when it boils right down to it, we want a good quality game not a reskin that could potentially flop GO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW WORKS!
6 Jul 2017, 11:18 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Im really surprise to see Africa/Italy leading this poll.

If I remember correctly, in some Relic event some years ago, someone from the community showed to Quinn Duffy a complete design for Afrika Korps/ Brits/ Italian armys and Q.Duffy realy liked this design.

Lets remember about Italy in CoH1. Relic was planning add Italy front to CoH1 after Tales of Valor, but they changed for the horrible CoH Online and after CoH2.
6 Jul 2017, 11:29 AM

CoH3 should focus on the Mediterranean: North & East Africa, Italy and Balkans.

This means sandstorms, desert skins, etc

About the possible factions I would say: Italy, something like the OKW (let's call it Westheer? just the idea of the german army against the western allies), UK and USA.

Other factions that should be added after maybe as DLCs: Ostheer, Soviets and Commonwealth Nations.

Of course, soviets and ostheer can't be picked in desert maps unless Relic makes desert skins: ostheer is ok, soviets could use maybe uniforms similar to desert skins (some summer skins in CoH2 wouldn't be bad in desert such as conscripts, combat engineers, guards) or just make them up.
6 Jul 2017, 11:45 AM

CoH3 should focus on the Mediterranean: North & East Africa, Italy and Balkans.

This means sandstorms, desert skins, etc

About the possible factions I would say: Italy, something like the OKW (let's call it Westheer? just the idea of the german army against the western allies), UK and USA.

Other factions that should be added after maybe as DLCs: Ostheer, Soviets and Commonwealth Nations.

Of course, soviets and ostheer can't be picked in desert maps unless Relic makes desert skins: ostheer is ok, soviets could use maybe uniforms similar to desert skins (some summer skins in CoH2 wouldn't be bad in desert such as conscripts, combat engineers, guards) or just make them up.

Soviets had a desert form - used in the Caucasus, Central Asia, Transbaikalia (in the war with Japan)

6 Jul 2017, 12:18 PM

As much as I love ww2, I think it is time for COH to explore a new time period. Either cold war alternative history escalation or a modern warfare scenario. Think red alert/Generals (not as farfetched) and COD4.

This would bring in a new fanbase, new units, new abilities and a potentially good story.

Factions; USA/SOV base, expanding into Chinese/NATO.

Just imagine the doctrinal abilities; Drone Strikes, AC130, Helicopter loiter, Helicopter infantry roping down, MISSILES, Javelin Missile going up and down.

Units; Abrahms tank, Bradley, T90, spetznatz, M4 vs AK47, Humvees

Coh2 does have a loyal following of Hentai Wehrmacht lovers but I think the main attraction to this game is the gameplay. So therefor I think they will follow as well as new players. Africa, the best unit you will get will be a tiger. Fighting on italy presents more options but I think expansions will be restricted. Cold war give many possible theatres and therefore interesting maps, camos etc. As for futuristic war, It would be to close to dawn of war universe.

But dont worry whatever the theatre of war, I will still be playing COH
6 Jul 2017, 12:32 PM

Would love to see cold war going hot.

Both have main battle tanks
Both have support vehicles
Both have APCs
Both have Air Force
Long range/short range artillery

The list goes on and on.

A modern warefare that is realistic. And the developers would be able to stretch it in any direction since it happened yet didn't happen.

I love world war 2 and all, but I mean it's time to switch things up
6 Jul 2017, 13:03 PM

People want sand, palms, desert, ruins, pyramids, Rommel´s Africa Corps Campaign, naval bombardment, sand flying around when artillery shells hit the ground, flak 88 emplacements, fast agile Axis faction based on years 1940-43, matildas, British Montgomery campaign and so on and so forth.

They don´t want cancerplacements, brits can be implemented differently. But people want the African thema

The difference is that Montgormery's forces do not include cancer Comet or BS Land Mattress. I want 3 Brit divisions,
- A tank commander division that have lots of support tank like M3 Grant or Crusader tank and maybe the heaviest one is Matilda (always have soft spot for the lady since Blitzkrieg days),
- A commando division (commando in .50 cal Jeeps trolling),
- An artillery division (basically vCOH Infantry Company).

Rommel's division I think will be:
- Logistic doctrine (scorched earth + Italian units)
- Luftwaffe (Flak 88 + Stuka)
- Heavy Assault (Tiger + Off-map support)

I want the map to be really large (something like Steel Division) so we have room to maneuver and make use of troops transport (which is a big factor in African theater).
6 Jul 2017, 13:09 PM

Permanently Banned
If its will be Italy relic must to do Polska and Maori docs Kreygasm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment