Login

russian armor

Need more map vetoes

14 Jun 2017, 21:20 PM

Permanently Banned
This game needed more map vetoes.

Only 20% of maps are good or balanced, the rest is poker.

Good side = EZ and boring win (hold point). Bad side = much more job to win.

Just look the map vision, and you will see that some guys that make it, are total blind.

Soo is better make more vetoes to all players vet the massive coh2 crap maps.

I like 1v1, but now i put 2v2 3v3 4v4 only for veto all crap 1v1 maps. LOL!

Next time dont let blind faggots make the maps. The coh2 map creators are dumbass.
15 Jun 2017, 19:28 PM

So why don't you create some maps on your own instead of calling the creators (which are mostly also part of this community) dumbass faggots?

It's not easy to create a map and a map that seemed balanced while testing can be very different after going live.

I honestly don't veto any maps at all as the vetos are not safed after switching play modes and I am way too lazy to veto them again.

15 Jun 2017, 21:09 PM

Can someone tell me how to actually veto maps? while I'm here I don't think all the maps are bad but i have a general phobia of garrison heavy maps
15 Jun 2017, 21:49 PM

I would rather see some of the maps get fixed so we don't have to use all our vetoes in the first place and cycle some of the ones that can't be fixed out for some of the community maps.
15 Jun 2017, 21:54 PM

Yes, yes, yes, more vetos please, especially in 2v2s, where you can veto virtually nothing.
15 Jun 2017, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

Mind that if the number of vetoes goes high enough you will actually have to play on the vetoed ones - becouse the other player will veto the other half.
15 Jun 2017, 22:57 PM

Permanently Banned
More vetos and add some Spanky maps.
15 Jun 2017, 23:10 PM

Yeah a few more vetoes would be good. It kind of ruins automatch that you cant veto all the maps you dont want to play on. I want some new maps too. There must be some very good maps around that arent in automatch yet.

15 Jun 2017, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2017, 21:20 PMBravus
This game needed more map vetoes.

Only 20% of maps are good or balanced, the rest is poker.

Good side = EZ and boring win (hold point). Bad side = much more job to win.

Just look the map vision, and you will see that some guys that make it, are total blind.

Soo is better make more vetoes to all players vet the massive coh2 crap maps.

I like 1v1, but now i put 2v2 3v3 4v4 only for veto all crap 1v1 maps. LOL!

Next time dont let blind faggots make the maps. The coh2 map creators are dumbass.

What maps do you consider good maps? I have a number of them in my head but I'm curious or your opinion
16 Jun 2017, 01:09 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

relic just needs to remove shit maps from ladder....they've needed to do this forever...Ive advocated for this for years with little result.
16 Jun 2017, 01:14 AM

What maps do you consider good maps? I have a number of them in my head but I'm curious or your opinion

Semiosky Summer and La Gleize are the best maps Kappa
16 Jun 2017, 03:33 AM

relic just needs to remove shit maps from ladder....they've needed to do this forever...Ive advocated for this for years with little result.

Which maps do you have in mind?
16 Jun 2017, 03:44 AM

first they need to remove the double maps (semois, kholodiny, moscow) because the summer/winter are basically the same map, so if I don't want to play on them I need to waste 2 vetoes.

then some other maps needs to be removed (I'm looking at you minsk pocket)
16 Jun 2017, 04:31 AM

Minsk is fine, at least there's no horrible chokes or bridges. It's boring, but at least the sides are balanced. Nice and symmetrical.

All the bridge maps need to be removed. All the maps with a clearly good/bad side need to go to, or have the map made more symmetrical.

This franchise has always struggled with maps, there's only ever been like 3 or 4 good 1v1 maps, and even less 2v2 maps.
16 Jun 2017, 14:01 PM

It is almost as if there aren't enough tools to create balanced or interesting maps...
16 Jun 2017, 20:25 PM

Permanently Banned

Langres, Mins Pocket, Red Ball, Port Hamburg, Liene Forest, Et. Station and Steppes.

And community have good maps, yeah, but only the craps enter in the game on automatch games.

And more, the major coh problem is the huge number of map points to get, sometimes its a game with getting losting points, and no war in fact. A rat run. Maybe this is the big problem too, because they need put points on all over the place to connect points, and later you see the map going unbalanced or just boring.
16 Jun 2017, 20:47 PM

can someone finally explain me why eindhoven and ecliptic fields are gonw while düsseldorf and gelsenkirchen are still in?
16 Jun 2017, 22:13 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Which maps do you have in mind?

i would need to look thru the maps one by one and compile a list of ones that should be outright removed and others that could be salvaged with minor modifications. that would take a lot of work and without Relic backing this effort it isnt worth it. If relic is on board then i might put together a list. sorry if that doesnt answer your question
17 Jun 2017, 00:27 AM

can someone finally explain me why eindhoven and ecliptic fields are gonw while düsseldorf and gelsenkirchen are still in?

+1 although why ecliptic fields? It has a huge hedge right through the middle cutting off both sides of the map
nee
24 Jun 2017, 11:07 AM

I once read somewhere that, after some lengthy explanation, the veto doesn't even work. And I don't mean bugged, I mean that if a certain threshold was achieved (I believe it was like after a period of time and no players found) t deactivates the veto and forces you to play a more suitable game.

If that is true that's probably the reason why Relic isn't going to bother giving more vetos (since hey, it doesn't even work). It certainly won't solve the problem of not enough people playing the game, which presumably was the reason why your map veto gets vetoed (har har) in the first place.

I've no idea if that is true, but it did seem to explain why some players find themselves playing a map that they clearly vetoed. In that case, getting more vetoes wouldn't make the problem worse since you'd be even more likely to find yourself playing Steppes again because everyone else is vetoing something else.

As for new maps, they could really have just done a few easy things like Winter versions of popular maps with relatively little changes like waterways being able to sink tanks, etc. I mean they already do that with like 45% of the maps. Winter version of Ettelbruck with fewer garrison buildings and new pathways? Gameplay alone is drastically changed, and on a layout that everyone would already be familiar with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★