Login

russian armor

Modifying ambient buildings

4 Jun 2017, 17:09 PM

I'm trying to modify the load-unload times of certain ambient structures in the game, e.g.,:

plaster04_2x2_3sided_01 (under ebps)

However, when I clone the buildings in questions, the mod builder refuses to build the mod, and I get errors like these:

Could it be that modifying ambient structures is off limits by the modbuilder?
4 Jun 2017, 19:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

When I made my mod; I also had the problem when I press 'build'.
So I had to do it in two parts. I left it for impossible.

In summary:
-I think ModTool or some files of the houses are buggeds.
-I would not know that specific files are bugged, because they are lot. If there are 4 or 5 house folders. 2 or 3 are buggeds.

ROTATE HOUSES ICONS
4 Jun 2017, 19:57 PM

Ok, so I narrowed down which of the buildings cause issue. I've no idea why they cause issues though.

For instance, all of the rural houses are OK. In the rest of the folders, about 20-30% of the houses are bugged for some reason.

23 Aug 2017, 04:51 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ok, so I narrowed down which of the buildings cause issue. I've no idea why they cause issues though.

For instance, all of the rural houses are OK. In the rest of the folders, about 20-30% of the houses are bugged for some reason.

I had that same problem. Its because the path to the file is too long. The path and file named combined must not exceed something like 100 letters. The rural buildings have shorter names, and the new Russian buildings are not put in their own folder, thus the builder allows you to change those. All the other buildings have long names and long paths, thus you cant build your mod with them. Its a strange limitation that can only be solved by shortening the path. I would reccomend moving your main mod files a bit closer to /D, change it from:

D:\Windows7\Documents\my games\Company of Heroes 2\mod projects\ConsMod\consmod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib

to:
D:\Windows7\Documents\ConsMod\consmod Intermediate Cache\Intermediate Files\attrib\attrib
23 Aug 2017, 20:58 PM

Cheers and thanks :O

I have never considered I would see such a bug again this decade.
24 Aug 2017, 05:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I don't know if moving your mod to another location with cause other issues, but I found another solution to clone the files with the too long names and still keep same ID.

1. Clone the building with the same name (which can't build)
2. Rename the file to a shorter name. This way the ID stays the same and overrides the original building.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★