Login

russian armor

Crazy idea: Remove auto barrages from all artillery

1 Jun 2017, 16:00 PM

Well, assuming that the barrage gets a big buff, even bigger than what you suggested, it would be excelent.
1 Jun 2017, 16:52 PM

Removing autofire altogether might be a bit much, especially considering the responsiveness of mortars. I'm definitely on board with heavy AA nerfs and barrage buffs though, leigSpam and mortar pits sniping units halfway across the map with zero input needs to go.
1 Jun 2017, 18:21 PM

I kinda like the idea, but with the responsiveness of mortars so crap i think it would make them useless as they would never be able to fire soon enough to do anything but push a stubborn unit out of a building.

MMAAAAYYYBE give them an arch like an MG where they would auto fire at (they have to pick up and set down to fire in a substantially different direction anyway).

OOORRRR make the auto attack have less range and manual have really high range. I would personally be happy for mortars to have greater range provided they didnt wipe stuff and needed a little micro.

+1 The arch idea sounds good, reminds me of men of war where the mortar has a arc, could be wider than the mg42 or something 160 degreeish or something.
1 Jun 2017, 18:38 PM

Just look at the Soviet mortar - he's a cripple.
Very bad in automatic fire - slow rate of fire, Soviet mortar was wiped out squad? Lucky you won the lottery. This unit constantly has to squeeze snot as a child
1 Jun 2017, 19:38 PM

As your poll suggests, more people are against it than for it.

To be fair, the poll has been almost 50/50 all the time :faint:
1 Jun 2017, 21:48 PM

While I am all for removal of mortar auto fire, I think the easier solution is to nerf the auto fire heavily and buff the barrage. They over perform vs inf with zero micro.
1 Jun 2017, 21:50 PM

While I am all for removal of mortar auto fire, I think the easier solution is to nerf the auto fire heavily and buff the barrage. They over perform vs inf with zero micro.

Yep. Making shells take a lot longer to land (if possible) and more inaccurate on autofire would probably do it. The barrage could be buffed simply through heavily reducing the cooldown time.
1 Jun 2017, 22:37 PM

To be fair, the poll has been almost 50/50 all the time :faint:

It was one more against when I wrote my comment.

But I suppose you have no other counter-arguments so I'll just leave you to your day-dreaming.

Have a nice day/night.
2 Jun 2017, 05:36 AM

But I suppose you have no other counter-arguments so I'll just leave you to your day-dreaming.

Have a nice day/night.

Dude, wtf is wrong in this board with some users? Same thing I also answered to @DonnieChan.

I did not write anything offensive, I just stated that the poll is more or less balanced (currently more in favor for the ideas), I didn't call you an asshat or anything and still you accuse me of day-dreaming and that I ran out of counter-arguments like we were currently discussing some stuff about the Paris climate convention. It's an idea about a game, nothing more, lol.

You write something, I tell you that it is not true, which can be also checked when looking at the poll, don't take it as an insult, it wasn't meant as one.

The only thing stated by your reply is that you like to attack people personally in a discussion about ideas, which is always a good way to go. "Oh I don't like your ideas, mimimi, I'm gonna attack you for that".

If I didn't want to hear other opinions, I wouldn't have included a fucking poll.
No reason to get Trumpy, mate.
2 Jun 2017, 08:07 AM

Dude, wtf is wrong in this board with some users? Same thing I also answered to @DonnieChan.

I did not write anything offensive, I just stated that the poll is more or less balanced (currently more in favor for the ideas), I didn't call you an asshat or anything and still you accuse me of day-dreaming and that I ran out of counter-arguments like we were currently discussing some stuff about the Paris climate convention. It's an idea about a game, nothing more, lol.

You write something, I tell you that it is not true, which can be also checked when looking at the poll, don't take it as an insult, it wasn't meant as one.

The only thing stated by your reply is that you like to attack people personally in a discussion about ideas, which is always a good way to go. "Oh I don't like your ideas, mimimi, I'm gonna attack you for that".

If I didn't want to hear other opinions, I wouldn't have included a fucking poll.
No reason to get Trumpy, mate.

Nobody said you wrote anything offensive, nor am I offended.

And while I agree with some of your points, you have an unrealistic view.

You're seeing this from a competitive perspective and forgetting all about the rest of the bigger part of the community which is more casual.

That's your problem.

And you can't find a shred of proof of me attacking you personally, because I never did. I was just pointing at your flawed logic, if you accept that as a personal attack then so be it but I didn't mean it as such.
2 Jun 2017, 12:36 PM

The idea of removing autobarrage isnt new and im very much in favor to do so. Aside from balancing, the autobarrage is just bad game design: i cant really enjoy my mortar hitting something, cuz i didnt really contribute to that microwise, while the opponent gets frustrated by bad rng. The other thing is, an mg being barraged can just sit there and there is a good chance it gets away with it. maybe a zeroing-in-mechanic could be a solution. mortars needs more micro and less rng.
my 2 cents
2 Jun 2017, 13:11 PM

Have a nice day/night.

You spoke as if the majority disagreed with him even tho it was only one more person. Fyi more ppl agree with him again ;).

Then you jump to conclusions and claim he has no counter argument? Perhaps he feels he didn't need to counter it. Then you "leave him to his daydreaming"? Are the other 21 ppl who support his idea all daydreaming too? That's over half the voters as of this post. He's just trying to suggest a fix to something many ppl agree needs fixing. He's not daydreaming.. I'd suggest different words that are less demeaning. Thats my outside perspective
2 Jun 2017, 18:20 PM

You guys gotta chill the fuck out. Seriously, you're arguing about a poll on an Internet forum for a game.
2 Jun 2017, 19:20 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Steel Division doesn't have autofire for indirect fire. It's a bit of a headache but it's not bad. 2400m range howitzer autofiring would be a bit whacky though.

I think it would be interesting to disable autofire, but instead of only using barrage, to make it possible to right-click on any unit and have it fire that way like it does now. But make sure the mortar doesn't pack up and move to follow the unit hahahaaaaaa :/
2 Jun 2017, 20:19 PM

You guys gotta chill the fuck out. Seriously, you're arguing about a poll on an Internet forum for a game.

True words, mate. It's about a small change in a game, not about the new president of the United States.
2 Jun 2017, 20:42 PM

I like And support the idea, but as middle ground what about an arc like MGs like MGs but bigger?

EDIT: posted from front page, didnt aee it was already suggested. Thatz what i get for thinking im revolutionary..
2 Jun 2017, 21:08 PM

It's fine the way it is, if Mortars are overperforming then nerf them, no need for tricky convoluted changes that might confuse the casuals.
3 Jun 2017, 01:15 AM

It's fine the way it is, if Mortars are overperforming then nerf them, no need for tricky convoluted changes that might confuse the casuals.

I am all about that and making the game balanced and actually making sense while being fun to play, imo it makes a lot of sense to me to remove auto-fire from mortars since they are supposed to counter static play not moving squads. Even before coming here to write this I had a game where I wiped a pioneer squad as is was moving in the capture area trying to cut my territory off and I wasnt even paying attention... Tell me that makes sense... Every time I get these kind of kills I feel like I dont deserve them at all tbh.

Plus, if this change actually happens team games will be a lot more enjoyable instead of spamming mortars and the battlefield being constantly being bombarded without players having to give orders and micro their units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★