100% Friendly Fire?
Option Distribution Votes
76%
24%
Total votes: 38
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
31 May 2017, 05:13 AM
Patrion 14

*I am not strictly only talking about Allies and Axis FF discrepancies.

Bring back 100% FF. One of moment to moment counter arty tactics should be closing in to create a possibility of FF so either the enemy has to risk FF and keep barraging or stop barraging due to possible FF.

I don't know when FF thing was changed, but only reason for it I can see is to discourage FF abusers. I still see this happening and even if this was to work, the abusers can just go AFK or throw out their army to troll anyway.

I see no reason not to bring back 100% FF like the good old days... in the next patch... no matter the scope.
31 May 2017, 05:15 AM

Why not.
31 May 2017, 05:35 AM

Why not give everyone the same friendly fire that Axis has in 1v1 and give teamgames the full 100% friendly fire? That would encourage more teamplay and coordination!
31 May 2017, 05:45 AM

Wait actually trolling would get pretty bad. Remember in coh1 when people would try to blow to their teammates' hqs with demos or mines? Yeah...

Full friendly fire for your own units would be fine though.
31 May 2017, 07:32 AM

Wait actually trolling would get pretty bad. Remember in coh1 when people would try to blow to their teammates' hqs with demos or mines? Yeah...

Full friendly fire for your own units would be fine though.

Hint: friendly fire is already working, just for axis tho. So your argument is Invalid und Proves you just see black/White..
31 May 2017, 08:21 AM

only axis have friendly fire...allie can walk through their own arty fest with no problem...very balanced...
31 May 2017, 08:54 AM
Patrion 15

Making the FF values same for both sides could trigger so many allies fanatics but it is still needed. About the intentional throwers, maybe there could be the system like Counter Strike could put to use. After a certain amount of friendly damage or kills, you get kicked out of the game and got 1 to 7 day auto ban.
31 May 2017, 09:19 AM

That all factions receive the same kind of friendly fire should be a no brainer in my opinion. The allies having less ff values doesn't make sense mostly because allies have much more indirect fire options.

Axis: LeIG, Mortar, Stuka, Panzerwerfer, LeFH

Allies: Mortar Pit, USF Mortar, Sov Light Mortar, Sov Heavy Mortar, Pak Howie, UKF Base Howitzers, Sov "normal" Howitzer, Sov B4 Howitzer, M8 Scott, Calliope, Katyusha

The biggest problem of the game currently is that unit preservation is made unnecessarily hard because of all the indirect stuff flying around. Every team game usually has at least 2 LeIGs, a mortar for each faction that can buy one, a mortar pit (double round) and in the End a Katy, Stuka or a Panzerwerfer.

It's just way easier to build a lot of indirect fire because it requires almost no micro to kill stuff and vet up. The only thing you have to do is bring the mortar in position and retreat/brace if it is being attacked. Inf meanwhile needs a lot of micro - flanking, climbing over stuff, seek for cover, etc.

If players realized that their own artillery can fuck up their own units too, I think it wouldn't be so obvious to invest so much MP in indirect fire options. Currently it's just like 'Oh, I am massing a lot of MP? Let's build a LeIG or two', that's stupid. The most annoying thing for me when playing as Allies is the LeIG. The most annoying thing for me when playing as Axis is the mortar pit. Nothing else is turning down the fun for me so much as these two indirect fire possibilites.

Artillery should be used to counter support teams, such as MGs, PaKs and units in buildings. Don't know if I just wasn't good enough, but I never saw a problem in indirect fire (besides Scheldt) in vCoH. At least for mortars. If you simply barrage enemy lines while being able to storm them at the same time with your inf, it is not good. Why use mortar smoke ever?

I know the facts I stated are not as much related to friendly fire as other posts in this thread, but hopefully friendly fire could also make indirect fire spam a bit less.
31 May 2017, 09:45 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

A) Tbh thats new for me, that allies have less FF. If so i guess they changed it, when cons thhroe the cocktail on him self to get vet.

B) Well random 3vs3, 4vs4 would be RIP. There are many trolls, who try to kill their teammates. Don't ask me WHY?!
31 May 2017, 10:23 AM

A) Tbh thats new for me, that allies have less FF. If so i guess they changed it, when cons thhroe the cocktail on him self to get vet.

B) Well random 3vs3, 4vs4 would be RIP. There are many trolls, who try to kill their teammates. Don't ask me WHY?!

If someone is going to FF their teammates/bases I wouldn't count on the game being won in the first place. As stated above it's thrown in different ways such as AFK, non cooperative teammates so on and so fourth

On some maps it would be a slight nerf to allied rocket arty such as crossing in the woods where one teammate is capping, the other is just raining hell on everything else.

31 May 2017, 10:32 AM
Patrion 15

I would love if friendly fire could be brought back to the state it was after the release of the game especially for tanks.

Anybody remember how you constantly hit your own vehicles if you did not pay very carefull attention to the way you positioned them? that almoust never happens anymore.

31 May 2017, 11:40 AM
Donator 11

The friendly fire is not something that doesn't exist. It is simply not consistent, some units deal more FF and some deal less. So yes, even now there are units that do well against friendly units and bases and you can do that if you want. On both sides. Moving all units to 100% FF won't change that so it is perfectly safe thing to do.
31 May 2017, 13:12 PM
Patrion 14

i've played random 3v3 since launch pretty frequently.

it's more than OK even with trolls.
31 May 2017, 14:17 PM

That all factions receive the same kind of friendly fire should be a no brainer in my opinion. The allies having less ff values doesn't make sense mostly because allies have much more indirect fire options.

Axis: LeIG, Mortar, Stuka, Panzerwerfer, LeFH

Allies: Mortar Pit, USF Mortar, Sov Light Mortar, Sov Heavy Mortar, Pak Howie, UKF Base Howitzers, Sov "normal" Howitzer, Sov B4 Howitzer, M8 Scott, Calliope, Katyusha

The biggest problem of the game currently is that unit preservation is made unnecessarily hard because of all the indirect stuff flying around. Every team game usually has at least 2 LeIGs, a mortar for each faction that can buy one, a mortar pit (double round) and in the End a Katy, Stuka or a Panzerwerfer.

It's just way easier to build a lot of indirect fire because it requires almost no micro to kill stuff and vet up. The only thing you have to do is bring the mortar in position and retreat/brace if it is being attacked. Inf meanwhile needs a lot of micro - flanking, climbing over stuff, seek for cover, etc.

If players realized that their own artillery can fuck up their own units too, I think it wouldn't be so obvious to invest so much MP in indirect fire options. Currently it's just like 'Oh, I am massing a lot of MP? Let's build a LeIG or two', that's stupid. The most annoying thing for me when playing as Allies is the LeIG. The most annoying thing for me when playing as Axis is the mortar pit. Nothing else is turning down the fun for me so much as these two indirect fire possibilites.

Artillery should be used to counter support teams, such as MGs, PaKs and units in buildings. Don't know if I just wasn't good enough, but I never saw a problem in indirect fire (besides Scheldt) in vCoH. At least for mortars. If you simply barrage enemy lines while being able to storm them at the same time with your inf, it is not good. Why use mortar smoke ever?

I know the facts I stated are not as much related to friendly fire as other posts in this thread, but hopefully friendly fire could also make indirect fire spam a bit less.

Friendly fire may help, but I think the main problem is how good autofire is with pretty much every indirect fire option (barring howitzers for the obvious reason).
31 May 2017, 16:09 PM
Donator 11

Friendly fire may help, but I think the main problem is how good autofire is with pretty much every indirect fire option (barring howitzers for the obvious reason).

As for autofire vs barrage usf stock indirect fire options are good example of how it should be done. For example the pack howie has quite a small range, but it gets huge when you use a barrage. Same with usf mortar: it has small range but if you use smoke dropping ability, you get the good range. What if all indirect fire was like that? So that you got full range only in certain abilities.
31 May 2017, 17:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Praise be the search function for old posts:

Going roughly through coh2stats icons and checking area_damage_FF_multiplier:

I might got some wrong values but overall, i think a normalisation of friendly fire by category of weapon should be done (Pwerfer is one of the outliers). I didn't bother with offmaps cause it takes more time to look for them.

If you ask me, i'll remove the 0.03/0.03 category and move it all to 0.20/0.20 Friendly fire shouldn't be as friendly as it's now.
31 May 2017, 22:31 PM

This is one of those things that should definitely be standard regardless of faction.
1 Jun 2017, 00:03 AM

bump all to 1. it would encourage more use of smoke rather than tommy blobs charging through their own mortar rounds while volks melt in place.
1 Jun 2017, 00:38 AM

As for autofire vs barrage usf stock indirect fire options are good example of how it should be done. For example the pack howie has quite a small range, but it gets huge when you use a barrage. Same with usf mortar: it has small range but if you use smoke dropping ability, you get the good range. What if all indirect fire was like that? So that you got full range only in certain abilities.

That'd be nice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS