Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
8 Jun 2017, 10:21 AM

Why kv-8 can't use gun and flamethrower in one time like churchill? Flamethrower of kv-8 was installed instead mg not main gun.
8 Jun 2017, 10:47 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Structure of EFA Revamp 1.51. Although I have only tested a pair of units, the rest can be structure in this way:

ALL
-Each squad can upgrade and climb a stair
-Correct balance, would be that the inf units go from lower power to higher, ie
First Inf-ultra units then InfFront-line, successively increasing their power ect.
-Today all inf units come out in the game early. So we find ourselves with elite heavy units playing in the Early game against light units. I suppose this will be corrected in coh3.

EFA
-Cons/gren are light units, but upgradeable with ppsh/lmg to normal, Although many people claim changes in this units, but are defined in their role.
-Both have normal units: Penals are core unit and the AssGrena/Stormtroops are unit doctrine.
People claim changes, but are defined in their role.
-Heavy elite units on the SOV side perform the role two units Guards/Shocks. In the other side are the Pgren that are a unit of several roles (AT/AI).

I have made tests on the 1.51 and Penals vs Stromtroops and they always lose (Storms) on all ranges:
-Stromtroops must be worth 290 instead of 300MP
-Stromtroops 50MU g43 instead of 40MU

WFA & BRI
- Riflemen are the InfFront-line units and with updates they go to inf elite-light.
- Okw has 2 core units that is difficult to allocate slot.

TL;DR
1. Explain roles
2. Stormtroopps costs
8 Jun 2017, 10:53 AM

6 man osttrupen turns into 6 Stoormtroop squad? Or 4 man? How much it costs to climb in 1 step up?
And if cost of osttrupen much lower than grens, i think we can see new meta when cheap osttrupens will turn into elite infantry. It will be end day of glory for grens in such case.
Waht about call-in elite infantry? How it will be work? Some kind of discont on upgrade?
8 Jun 2017, 11:12 AM

And if penals front-line infantry now. I think it will be good replace skins of penals by skins of cons (and maybe rename cons as Strelki and penals rename as cons). Because cons looks more solid like main infantry than penals in telogreykas. We got light infantry cons with penals skins and front-line Strelki with cons skins.
8 Jun 2017, 11:21 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2017, 11:12 AMMaret
And if penals front-line infantry now. I think it will be good replace skins of penals by skins of cons (and maybe rename cons as Strelki and penals rename as cons). Because cons looks more solid like main infantry than penals in telogreykas. We got light infantry cons with penals skins and front-line Strelki with cons skins.

I have suggested something like this before https://www.coh2.org/topic/59641/graphical-design-suggestion-about-penals

For this change can be used capeless model of guards. It looks more like regular uniform, than penals 3d-model :)
8 Jun 2017, 11:26 AM

I have suggested something like this before https://www.coh2.org/topic/59641/graphical-design-suggestion-about-penals

For this change can be used capeless model of guards. It looks more like regular uniform, than penals 3d-model :)

I totally agree with Osinyagov. Capeless model looks very nice. This will improve graphic view of soviet army.
8 Jun 2017, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2017, 10:21 AMMaret
Why kv-8 can't use gun and flamethrower in one time like churchill? Flamethrower of kv-8 was installed instead mg not main gun.

Because we totally need more flamethrower tanks that can melt infantry with flames and fire their main gun.

No thanks!
8 Jun 2017, 12:27 PM

+1
good idea
8 Jun 2017, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2017, 10:21 AMMaret

cause relic give brits all the nice stuff from every faction...in most times in better version!
it was made for the noobs, which have no skill and will pay for OP units.

8 Jun 2017, 17:17 PM

cause relic give brits all the nice stuff from every faction...in most times in better version!
it was made for the noobs, which have no skill and will pay for OP units.

Like good indirect fire, a good snare, a light vehicle with shock value... oh wait, they don't have those things.
8 Jun 2017, 17:29 PM

Like good indirect fire, a good snare, a light vehicle with shock value... oh wait, they don't have those things.

Yeah the Brits just really don't have good indirect fire options. :D
8 Jun 2017, 17:34 PM

I have made tests on the 1.51 and Penals vs Stromtroops and they always lose (Storms) on all ranges:
-Stromtroops must be worth 290 instead of 300MP
-Stromtroops 50MU g43 instead of 40MU

One could also match stormtrooper rifles to obersoldaten rifle performance. There's not LMG34 option, so having reliably accurate long range rifles can be very worthwhile.

If G43s are giving sight range bonuses, that's a worthwhile upgrade in and of itself.
8 Jun 2017, 17:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

One could also match stormtrooper rifles to obersoldaten rifle performance. There's not LMG34 option, so having reliably accurate long range rifles can be very worthwhile.

If G43s are giving sight range bonuses, that's a worthwhile upgrade in and of itself.

Should be noted that Stormtroopers do start with a passive cloak and part of their cost is to infiltrate them in. While the Bundle is now on cooldown, they can still do sneak attacks with it later on.

I'm not sure on giving them Ober rifles because while it's a kar98k, it's a very very good kar98k in terms of accuracy and damage output.
8 Jun 2017, 17:43 PM

Yeah the Brits just really don't have good indirect fire options. :D

Fair enough, but it gets hardcountered by equivalent amounts of indirect fire or one half-decent infantry push.
8 Jun 2017, 17:45 PM

Should be noted that Stormtroopers do start with a passive cloak and part of their cost is to infiltrate them in. While the Bundle is now on cooldown, they can still do sneak attacks with it later on.

I'm not sure on giving them Ober rifles because while it's a kar98k, it's a very very good kar98k in terms of accuracy and damage output.

I think at 2cp ober kars would be a bit OP considering ober kars are still very good when they hit the field when t3 truck is setup.
8 Jun 2017, 18:05 PM

Hence the suggestion. It deals the exact same damage, it just is very accurate. Storms would consistently be able to deal damage at all ranges, but being 4 man squads without LMGs that have to upgrade for StGs, an accurate rifle might be exactly what's appropriate for the unit. I mean, it's not like unupgraded Obers are a concern.

It'd also justify their cost as well. Hell they could cost the same as Panzergrens.
8 Jun 2017, 18:19 PM

Funny think is that they want to nerf the ost sniper, so it cant double-shot the sov sniper...which can instantkill a ost sniper.

ost sniper need skill and fats reaction to kill sov sniper---sov sniper need no skill to kill ost sniper.

and now guess who is a sov lover.

Soviet sniper still has it´s own shitty cloak so pretty much everything with LMG can scare it of if he moves out of cover
8 Jun 2017, 23:35 PM
Donator 11

Mr Smith/Miragelfla - does the system give you stats from games played with the mod or do you just have to rely on replays / feedback?
9 Jun 2017, 03:38 AM

Soviet sniper still has it´s own shitty cloak so pretty much everything with LMG can scare it of if he moves out of cover

That and the models can get one-shotted by mortars right?

Hence the suggestion. It deals the exact same damage, it just is very accurate. Storms would consistently be able to deal damage at all ranges, but being 4 man squads without LMGs that have to upgrade for StGs, an accurate rifle might be exactly what's appropriate for the unit. I mean, it's not like unupgraded Obers are a concern.

It'd also justify their cost as well. Hell they could cost the same as Panzergrens.

Accuracy is directly related to damage output in this game. IIRC conscript mosins deal the same damage too, but miss a lot more. I think the reason they cost a lot is because of the infiltration part. Infiltration commandos are 440mp and have one less squad member and can't plant demos when compared to normal commandos, who are 350mp from the vanguard glider. The extra cost can be attributed to the infiltration, despite basically being an inferior squad.
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS